« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > freelander diagnostics kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jeepster

United Kingdom 
freelander diagnostics kit

hi all, recently bought an older freelander 2, in the past i have owned 3 td4 series 1 and series 1 facelift freelanders and i have to say that the freelander 2 is streets ahead particularly in the perfomance stakes.

Anyhow prior to owning this car i have owned both a vw and a volvo, for both those cars i bought a diagnostic kit, one was vida and one was ross tech, what diagnostics do you own or dont you bother.

I saw one recently who say that it can be used to program keys, i would find this useful as i only have one key for mine.
Its called a Mongoose Pro J2534 Diagnostics kit + IDS SDD JLR v138 + V131 Cable.

I assume its a clone of the dealer level kit as was the vida that i previously used.
Any thoughts

Post #304223 10th Aug 2016 7:37 am
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Clones and hacked software are a bad idea if you want to actually do some programming (like program a key)

It is possible to set yourself up with a non-clone, non-hacked IDS/SDD, but you need to pay more than the £80 or whatever these pirates are selling their junk for these days...

I was one of the early adopters of these clone/hack systems and got burnt a number of times; interfaces failing, software crashing, cars left as paperweights, etc...

Learnt the hard way and now I only use genuine/original devices, and proper software setups, a decent laptop, proper power supplies, etc... 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #304395 12th Aug 2016 3:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1