« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Haldex Filters
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
Haldex Filters

I had the Freelander 2 into a local Indy this week for a major service and the rear differential bearing. As the Haldex had to be accessed to complete the job I asked them to to change the filter in it at the same time . Glad I did ,
when I looked at the removed parts at only 50,000 miles you have to wonder why LR didn't make it a service item like Audi

My wife is happy with the car and still can't find anything she likes better, other than a Defender ( despite me emailing her links to the new Isuzu Artic AT 35 Rolling with laughter ). The Defender is not going to happen as we live in the 90 stealing capital of the world Big Cry

So I'm going to get the aircon fixed , have the car waxoyled, and then , touch wood, it should be fit to go for another 5 years as second car and winter snow basher which to be fair it does better than most . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #305518 28th Aug 2016 9:51 am
de1979

England 

I have the opposite situation. 60k on a 2010 and having read the horror stories on here I checked the Haldex oil this weekend (extracted some with a syringe), to find it absolutely pristine and golden, like new. I suppose technically the filter could still need changing but I expected to find dark and gungy oil. Diff was done at 25k so I suppose the oil could have been changed then.

*** Pic not mine, it's from another member, but it was exactly like this ***

Post #305647 30th Aug 2016 12:59 pm
MartynB

I've no idea what colour the fluid was, but I was staggered at the poxy little paper filter, but it was showing signs of having done the job it was there for I requested the filter change as it was silly not to do it as the Haldex unit was removed as part of the diff rebuild so for an extra thirty odd quid ...

I believe that you would have got new fluid as part of the diff replacement as the Haldex seals onto the diff body . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

Post #305697 30th Aug 2016 11:57 pm
MartynB

dual post 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #305698 30th Aug 2016 11:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1