Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Farmer forces Land Rover into ditch.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black
Farmer forces Land Rover into ditch.

Farmer forces Land Rover of a country track, Land Rover driven by hunt sabatours.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tract...ad-7555340 Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #293658 14th Mar 2016 11:22 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

But you dont see the whole of what happened before that point do you? the guy f ing and blinding says got it all on camera mate so he must have been ready and expecting what was going to happened next, they could have nearly run the farmer over first.
You need to know what lead up to it immediately before to be able to make a proper judgment.

Mind you these protesters need to be out working in a proper job doing something constructive, youre not going to stop that sport its for the elite and their horses and they think and probably do own the place.

Post #293672 15th Mar 2016 9:37 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

Some of those hunt saboteurs are nasty vicious creatures who don't really give a toss about the foxes - they'll happily string wire across tracks to maim dogs, horses and riders indiscriminately. No sympathy here for the saboteurs - maybe the farmer should try a shotgun next time!

Post #293680 15th Mar 2016 10:04 am
pab

Landiroamer wrote:
... that sport its for the elite and their horses and they think and probably do own the place.

Sorry, but that's simply not right. There are a couple of high-profile hunts a year (boxing day, new year's day) where the 'elite' come out to play, but the vast majority of hunting is undertaken by famers and farm workers out to protect their livestock. Many of those farm workers have just as much contempt for the 'elite' as you do, and avoid those particular hunts, They also have better things to do than go chasing after foxes, but what's never shown in the hunting debate is the amount of damage a fox can do to livestock and a farmer's livelihood. They don't just kill to eat - if they get amongst chickens, for example, they'll kill them all!

BTW, I don't hunt, but I live in the countryside and know people who do, and they're not elite by any means.

Post #293683 15th Mar 2016 10:17 am
EYorkshire

Quote:
They don't just kill to eat

Neither do the hunters, they enjoy the fox being ripped apart. Shoot them by all means but there has to be a better way of control.

Post #293686 15th Mar 2016 10:24 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Not one for fox hunting really, but I know plenty of people who love it. My Uncle was the master of the local hunt.

but that is just a ridiculous bit of driving,, ok the tractor guy was probably acting as mobile chicane before the prang, but overtaking on the inside Rolling Eyes ( letting the defenses down and giving the tractor a free side shot) foolish.

Many hunt saboteurs are recruited and unis etc, most just half witted idealists or even doing it for the cash. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #293687 15th Mar 2016 10:26 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

agree with you there Pab 100%, a mate of mine keeps chickens, geese, ducks in his very large rural back garden. A mange ridden fox got in and killed dozens of them but didn't even take the dead ones. The foxes often kill indiscriminately, and can be pretty vicious when confronted. The hunt serves a purpose to cull them, and they have toned down the way in which the fox is killed. Although at least in a hunt it has a chance of survival.

The saboteurs are quite often on a different agenda, just there to make trouble and can be evil little Censored when they think they have a chance.

Get both sides of the story on this before judging the guy in the tractor.

and as for the idiot with the camera saying ''its all on camera mate, your going down for that''........... what a throbber !!

Post #293688 15th Mar 2016 10:30 am
pab

EYorkshire wrote:
... there has to be a better way of control.

That's the problem - there isn't. A pack of dogs is, in practice, a sure kill - yes it's not pretty, but it's over quickly. Shooting leaves injured animals to die in agony, and poison is even worse. I'm actually not pro-hunting and would prefer that it didn't happen, but I am a realist and can see that there's a need to control the fox population and that shooting really isn't the best way.

Post #293690 15th Mar 2016 10:36 am
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Been in the middle of it. Both sides are Censored .

Post #293696 15th Mar 2016 11:11 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I had 22 chickens killed by a fox in one go, which at the time was about half of them. IIRC, it only actually took two of them away. Evil or Very Mad

Hunting is by far the fairest and most natural death because it's given its chance to run, and killed by natural means, not remotely by a man made contraptions. Ask yourself this - if you were going to be murdered, which would you consider to be more just - someone stabbing/strangling you in person, or being shot by long range sniper?

pab wrote:
Landiroamer wrote:
... that sport its for the elite and their horses and they think and probably do own the place.

Sorry, but that's simply not right. There are a couple of high-profile hunts a year (boxing day, new year's day) where the 'elite' come out to play, but the vast majority of hunting is undertaken by famers and farm workers out to protect their livestock. Many of those farm workers have just as much contempt for the 'elite' as you do, and avoid those particular hunts, They also have better things to do than go chasing after foxes, but what's never shown in the hunting debate is the amount of damage a fox can do to livestock and a farmer's livelihood. They don't just kill to eat - if they get amongst chickens, for example, they'll kill them all!

BTW, I don't hunt, but I live in the countryside and know people who do, and they're not elite by any means.

So many people think that only the rich have horses and hunt etc. and it's not remotely true. Thumbs Up

Even then, so what if it were? Why shouldn't the upper classes enjoy themselves as they choose to, the same as anyone else? Freelander 2 2007 TD4 Manual HSE Tambora Flame
Discovery 3 2006 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Previously: Freelander 2 2007 TD4 Manual SE Santorini Black

Post #293697 15th Mar 2016 11:27 am
Joe

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Country matters are best left to farmers and people who understand the country and the balance of nature, IMHO
The debate has gone on for many years.
“The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable!” (Oscar Wilde)

Joe Fix it until it's broke !

Post #293699 15th Mar 2016 11:42 am
EYorkshire

Lost for Words wrote:
Ask yourself this - if you were going to be murdered, which would you consider to be more just - someone stabbing/strangling you in person, or being shot by long range sniper?

You left out the "or by dogs ripping me apart"

I have no beef with hunting, culling or any humane control, just not by dogs and for the gratification of those unmentionables on horseback.

I won't say any more as its not what the thread is about.

Last edited by EYorkshire on 15th Mar 2016 11:58 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #293701 15th Mar 2016 11:56 am
Joe

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

shot by a long range sniper +1 Fix it until it's broke !

Post #293702 15th Mar 2016 11:57 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

some members of all hunts are indeed the 'unmentionables' arrogant snobs, but the average hut goers are normal folk with normal attitudes.

same can possible said about the anti brigade.

Foxes are pest full stop, its a shame they are so cute on picture postcards otherwise most folks wouldnt care for them.

chickens etc arnt cute after Mr fox gets in the coup and rips their heads off At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #293704 15th Mar 2016 12:04 pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

EYorkshire wrote:
You left out the "or by dogs ripping me apart"

Not relevant though. The point is, you have the option to flee or fight as nature intended; you don't with a gun. Thumbs Up

Joe wrote:
shot by a long range sniper +1

You really think that's more just? Shocked Freelander 2 2007 TD4 Manual HSE Tambora Flame
Discovery 3 2006 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Previously: Freelander 2 2007 TD4 Manual SE Santorini Black

Post #293706 15th Mar 2016 12:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>