Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR don't want poor people !!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Dartman the one

England 

In Freelander size with the FL2 type hatch aperture just doesn't exist, so it's either a D4 or a Shogun, I don't like Shoguns an neither I or OH aspire to a Toyota Rolling with laughter my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #290523 15th Feb 2016 8:43 pm
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black

Lurcher wrote:
One of the neighbours bought an Antara last year and likes it after coming from a Vitara but is disappointed with the MPG .

I bought a 58 plate Antara, very nice car, very good in the snow. But as you say the MPG was very bad. I believe the new engine that was introduced a few years back still has bad MPG as well. Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #290527 15th Feb 2016 9:14 pm
freelander beaver

United Kingdom 

interesting... Jeep?.. maybe worth a look with the exchange rate as it is... do they do more than 7 MPG now Laughing
first impressions....
some one I know from the TVR club.. well into cars and loaded went to buy a Lambo last year from a dealer in Leeds... He's about 30 and went with his girlfriend in her Peugeot... They would not even talk with him.. and when he asked, he was told they were'well out of his price range'...
whats up with these people!.. so he bought one from a place in Manchester (top of the range.. no idea how much!!) and went back to the Leeds dealership to buy a matching hat... he said they faces were a picture!...
stuck up sod's ...
Laughing

Post #290552 16th Feb 2016 8:59 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

You cant judge people from their looks, some millionaires look like the most down trodden people on earth, but thats why they are millionaires.
Look posh and have a LR and theyre spent out Laughing

Post #290553 16th Feb 2016 9:16 am
freelander beaver

United Kingdom 

on my way to work I can pass through central Bradford... It's amazing how many people have new Range Rovers that must be worth more than the houses they are parked outside!
ITs all show with some people.... Rolling Eyes

Post #290554 16th Feb 2016 9:20 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Landiroamer wrote:
You cant judge people from their looks, some millionaires look like the most down trodden people on earth, but thats why they are millionaires. Look posh and have a LR and theyre spent out Laughing

One of my sons worked for Lloyds Bank in one of their business divisions for a couple of years and was amazed to discover just how little most of his wealthy looking clients actually had to their name. All of the smart BMWs and Range Rovers etc were owned by the bank and financed monthly by the business overdraft with their house or business assets as collateral. Then you would get some insignificant looking poorly dressed character who would come in to discuss whether he should finance a project from his own money or use the bank's resources for tax purposes. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #290556 16th Feb 2016 10:28 am
dorsetfreelander

The other show off issue is "private banking" from the likes of Coutts (the Queen's Bank) which was actually just a special call centre run by Nat West. People pay way over the odds for a basic bank account so that they can flash a Coutts cheque book or credit card at you and have a special number to get to the same call centre but this time they pretend to recognise you. For the banks this sort of thing was ultra profitable, just relied on some mugs for customers. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #290557 16th Feb 2016 10:34 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

freelander beaver wrote:
on my way to work I can pass through central Bradford... It's amazing how many people have new Range Rovers that must be worth more than the houses they are parked outside!

Possibly its where do all the drug dealers hang out.

Post #290558 16th Feb 2016 10:37 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
Re: LR don't want poor people !!!!

[size=7]

freelander beaver wrote:
I’ve had lots of Land Rovers over the years and have had 5 Freelanders in all.. 3 MK1’s and 2 MK2’s but my car is now 3 years old so was thinking, what next?.. not sure about the Evogue and I’m not keen on the Disco sports... it’s gone rounded but is the same thing under the skin and I refuse to pay £10K more for a spoilt Freelander.
When I discussed this with the local LR dealer and pointed out that LR are doing nothing for an entry level vehicle, I was told that was because LR only wanted to target people of a certain standing and didn’t want anybody in their dealerships!!... Nice.
Now I buy FL’s because I like the price, the MPG, the size... and the fact it will do everything I need of it... I also have TVR and motorbikes so spend my money over a range instead of just one mode of transport... But from the discussion I had.. it sounds like Land River now class me as undesirable because I don’t want to spend £40K up on one of their's.......
I think this is the end of the road for me and LR... has anyone had a similar experience.
It’s an interesting marketing strategy I’ve got to say... LOL

Fully agree, they have lost the plot and I will nurse my latest MY2013 along (service away from the stealers now) until it starts costing money and then its gone. Only light at the end of the tunnel could possibly be the Defender replacement and as the smaller dealers get taken over that's one more reason to buy a Subaru or similar next time. As for "a certain standing", when I stand in a LR Dealers in my wellies or similar gear I am that cash customer who can walk very quickly next door to get my next car. BMW Censored us about having had a string of new cars. 2 weeks later the wife was driving a SLK !

Post #290561 16th Feb 2016 10:54 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

I'm not so sure about "lost the plot" - they're just tageting a different market. There are now a lot of rich people in China, India, the Middle East, Russia and other former communist countries, etc. They are the targets for the new ranges, not the faithful brit who's been their bread and butter in the past. It's all about profit now, and stuff the heritage. Pity, but this may well be my last LR too.

Post #290563 16th Feb 2016 10:58 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

except all those emerging markets (China, India, Russia, Middle East) are now starting to struggle financially on a scale of billions of dollars. The world was encouraged to invest in these countries and now it seems like it was a mistake (think of the rush to invest in Icelandic banks and their subsequent crash.

LR marketing fell for the emerging market hype and put almost all their eggs in one basket and now could be starting to feel the sales pinch because of it.

when you look at the new Vitara (from £14k) the MG GS (from £15k) etc etc then LR marketing doesn't look so spectacular to me. They need something in the low £20k area to stand a chance of competing.

Post #290566 16th Feb 2016 11:05 am
valleyforge

England 

Hard not to agree with all the above, even poor old Bradford. (When I was a nipper it was a really smart place, much nicer than Leeds - fantastic toy shop for Christmas oggling - Got our first scalextric at Carters ... 1961 !) Where did it all go sigh.

Wish I'd kept my 03 D2 ES had from new for 4 years - lovely & surprisingly trouble free if a bit jiggly but nothing like it now. D3/RRS very expensive to run past 100k. Freelie & I will probably be together for a long time now.

The RR style is quite old now, going back to that Judge Dredd LR special, the new Diisco looks like all the others. Hope they have some new tricks up the sleeve. FL2 Ex D2, D3, RRS, etc. now all gone.

Post #290573 16th Feb 2016 11:26 am
freelander beaver

United Kingdom 

Yorky Bob wrote:
freelander beaver wrote:

Possibly its where do all the drug dealers hang out.

its a strange thing.. my mate whos in 'the force'... no, not Star Wars... recons there is a bigger drug problem in Harrogate than there is in Bfd???.... Rolling Eyes

and Carters.. was indeed a great shop... i remenber in 1970 when I'd be 6 or 7.. getting my first fishing rod from there.. and looking at all the guns etc... toys second floor and puzzles top floor....

Anyways... another mate whos got an Aston (very disapointing).. also has a Kia Sportage and says its fantastic?... and a bloke at work has a Sinyang (or something)... FL size 4x4 with 7 years warrenty?... wonder what either of those are like?? Very Happy

Post #290650 16th Feb 2016 11:16 pm
dorsetfreelander

My 2011 69k miles Freelander extended warranty runs out at the end of March. I always said I would get rid of it then but I really can't get inspired by anything else out there so I will probably keep it for another year and buy another extended warranty for about £800. Or should I put that towards something else? #decisiontime

I have the financial means to get virtually anything I want but can't bring myself to spend more than about £18-20k - probably an age thing. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #290660 17th Feb 2016 11:01 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

if you have the means to buy virtually any replacement you want, but cant make your mind up over the FL2 then you will probably never be happy in anything else.

Get your extended warranty with LR, and run it into the ground over the next few years until LR produce something else that floats your boat the right way.

Post #290661 17th Feb 2016 11:37 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>