Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > What happened to LR special servicing prices ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
exengineer

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

thanks for the heads up.. mines 3 1/2 and just taken into guy salmon sheffield and they have not heard of this offer. showed them the web site and they have price matched it. well happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #289875 9th Feb 2016 1:10 pm
braderz1

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Hi all
I'm in Wolverhampton,can anyone recommend a good dealer for a service.
I suppose its stratstone Stourbridge or stratstone wolves.

Post #289932 9th Feb 2016 11:10 pm
Neily

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

Thanks for the heads up about the Freelander 3+ scheme, strangely enough both the local dealers I phoned never mentioned/offered it to me but quoted £492 & £539 for the 4 year service Shocked £350 I can live with Thumbs Up

Post #289995 10th Feb 2016 5:12 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Just booked my FL2 in for a "B" service at Yeovil LR. £350 inc vat. I did it by email and mentioned the scheme and attached a link as below.

http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/servi...icing.html 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #306150 6th Sep 2016 12:48 pm
Metropolis

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I noticed that there was a list of jobs that are performed against the two services. Can those that are knowledgeable confirm whether this is a standard A or B service or is in fact a cut down version and what you find is that everything's extra?

Post #306167 6th Sep 2016 3:42 pm
Koggy

England 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I've recently just signed up to their 5 year service plan at the rates here:
http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/servi...icing.html
The cars just been in for what's described as a major service on that link. When I booked it the guy I spoke to told me it was the 'B' service and the interim service is the 'A'.

Post #306509 10th Sep 2016 7:48 pm
dorsetfreelander

Well, just had the "B" service (90k) done at 75k for £349.97 at Yeovil LR under the 3+ years scheme. Came back with a video showing thickness of tyres treads and brake pads, pointed out some stones rattling about caught in the exhaust heat shield (which they removed) and a possible oil leak in the downpipe from the throttle body. Missing from the bill was the usual stuff about sundries and environmental charges and I didn't get a complementary litre of of overpriced oil. Other than that it seems to be the full "B" service in that all filters including fuel had been done. The last service "A" done there cost about £100 more. Lift to town and back provided since I didn't ask for a courtesy car.
You clearly need to ask for the 3+ scheme or you get charged the normal rate. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #306929 16th Sep 2016 9:54 pm
Koggy

England 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Quote:
You clearly need to ask for the 3+ scheme or you get charged the normal rate.

I think you're correct.

Post #306986 17th Sep 2016 6:51 pm
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Yep same here.

I was quoted £579 for a main service by Grange in Welwyn Garden City and £374 for an ATF change and £150 for an aircon service

When you mention the 3+ scheme they say "oh yes that is fine £350"............I declined the ATF change and aircon service!!

Steve

Post #307409 22nd Sep 2016 11:49 am
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

OK well I have just had my 64k service carried out by Grange at Welwyn Garden City at the 3+ pricing. All seems well and I have received a fully detailed invoice listing all the service items replaced. Car was collected and delivered back after cleaning. It really does seem that the dealers do not like the 3+ servicing scheme as I had to remind them a few times what the agreed price was, including at the "point of payment"

On a general note, the car is now at 64k miles and nearly 4 years old. In that time there have been no faults, rattles squeeks at all. The only exception being one morning when the rear tailgate failed to operate correctly suggesting that moisture had got in somewhere. It seemed to sort itself out and there have been no re-occurrences. Other than normal service items, it has only required a set of rear break pads, new wiper blades, quite a few headlamp bulbs and a new set of tyres (how long are front pads expected to last??)

As a preventative measure, I have just had the Haldex serviced by Bell Engineering and I eventually opted for an ATF change while it was being serviced at Grange at £374 which after consideration seemed fairly reasonable bearing in mind the price of genuine LR fluid. Interestingly my initial request was queried and there were vague mutterings about "sometimes it can cause problems"!! then they wanted to keep the car overnight to thoroughly test it before returning, but all seems well.

I will probably have the aircon serviced soon, again as a preventative measure. I would be interested to hear opinions if anything else should be done to make continued trouble free motoring more likely

All in all a brilliant car

Post #309720 26th Oct 2016 3:13 pm
dorsetfreelander

Did someone say that LR are subsidising this scheme? If so it's no doubt to kill off indies and may have the effect of increasing resale values if most cars have full LR servicing history. A finance guy told me that all manufacturers are keen on keeping resale values high since lower depreciation shows up as reduced PCP costs so improving new car sales. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #309721 26th Oct 2016 3:34 pm
Trev 1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Just got my 2012 SD4 HSE back from Guy Salmon Wakefield today after a B service £350, had a Disco sport for the day very nice a lot more room in them than I thought, think that will be my next one in a year or so Very Happy but it was nice to get the old girl back. They coded my towing electrics in too while it was in, all ready for new caravan now 27th of November.

Post #309726 26th Oct 2016 5:29 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Interesting that these prices pretty much match TVLR's normal prices (and they are a Land Rover Approved service centre). I suppose all the extra the dealers normally charge goes on the free coffee, swish premises and posh courtesy car. Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #310198 2nd Nov 2016 8:39 pm
yorkshirepudding

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

I had mine serviced at Guy Salmon Wakefield on Monday using the fixed price servicing offer of £275 including a courtesy disco sport. Also included was a free tin of sweets and an air freshener! Mr. Green

I have to say they were very friendly and professional and will definitely use them again next year assuming the offer is still going.

Post #310269 3rd Nov 2016 11:45 pm
Trev 1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

I shall have to go back to Guy Salmon and complain! got tin of sweets but no air freshener Crying or Very sad

Post #310270 4th Nov 2016 12:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>