Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Nicest FL2 on the site
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

Nicest FL2 on the site

Got to say, the wifes FL2 is cute, which to be fair, she is, but it has a better temprement and unlike her, knows when to shut up. She has 3 sets of alloys, but prefers the originals now, a typical woman. You could have purchased another car with the cost of the extras and yes, you have guessed it, doesn't like taking it out in the rain. If a fly hits the windscreen, she throws a hissy fit and the kids dive under the seats. She hates the local dealer, I don't know what they did to upset her, but then I can't work out what I did half the time apart from draw breath, so if she is wanting any modifications, I have to drive a 320 mile round trip to get it done, then make sure they valet it before I venture back. Deep joy!

Post #26750 4th Sep 2008 11:24 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

pride goes before a fall Laughing oh and get some clear side indicators Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #26751 4th Sep 2008 11:37 pm
Carnoch

I would do and yes I've broached the subject, but herself draws the line at anything that hasn't got a LR stamp on it and the orange doesn't bother her or so she says. Could be that it was my idea that put her off!

Embarassed

Post #26752 4th Sep 2008 11:40 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Nicest FL2 on the site

Carnoch wrote:
Got to say, the wifes FL2 is cute, which to be fair, she is, but it has a better temprement and unlike her, knows when to shut up. She has 3 sets of alloys, but prefers the originals now, a typical woman. You could have purchased another car with the cost of the extras and yes, you have guessed it, doesn't like taking it out in the rain. If a fly hits the windscreen, she throws a hissy fit and the kids dive under the seats. She hates the local dealer, I don't know what they did to upset her, but then I can't work out what I did half the time apart from draw breath, so if she is wanting any modifications, I have to drive a 320 mile round trip to get it done, then make sure they valet it before I venture back. Deep joy!

Well Carnoch, judging by the looks of your (sorry her) FL2 we probably all agree that it is cute and probably/well maybe the "quote"nicest FL2 on the site "unquote", but I think what your telling us here is that you have your doubts about your better (sorry - your other) half Shocked . So maybe you should post a picture of her as well so that all the other Freel2's can comment on her as well. Unfortunatly we will only be able to judge appearence and not temperament, but that also goes for all the photos of FL2's that are posted as well Thumbs Up

Maybe that a thread for a new topic Question - photos of our other half Bow down 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #26754 5th Sep 2008 6:53 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

It does look nice, but how does she go anywhere in it if she doesn't like getting it wet

I think she is angling to ask if you fancy a move to Dubai Laughing

Would you do us a favour and ask if she would like to have a trip to a little place near Leeds, called Tong

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic2442.html

It won't get dirty, and Harvey Nichols is quite close too Thumbs Up

Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26764 5th Sep 2008 8:45 am
Carnoch

No doubts, just saying out loud what the rest of us hen pecked lot probably suffer in silence. Come on, be honest, they say jump and we ask how high! Laughing She had a facelift FL prior to that, no comparison - I mean the car not her. for the benefit of doubt. Wink She got this one as a pressi for her birthday this year. I have something more mundane, I am not bothered what it is so long as it starts and doesn't need a MOT, but am tempted to have a go at the LRX when it comes out. Mr. Green

As for Dubai, yes, she likes the place, despite the heat and would live there. I remember the Deira City Centre Mall in particular and a posh Woolies. Harvy Nicks is bombed out, it's Libertys in London or nothing. As for Tong near Leeds, you've lost me there. I know the M1 and M6.

Post #26768 5th Sep 2008 10:09 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tong is the off road park day thats been organised on the link i posted
Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26772 5th Sep 2008 11:20 am
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

[quote="Carnoch"]No doubts, just saying out loud what the rest of us hen pecked lot probably suffer in silence. Come on, be honest, they say jump and we ask how high! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing As it should be....... Wink

Post #26784 5th Sep 2008 8:42 pm
Delta Mike

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Think I passed your VERY shiny FL2 on the A9 South of Inverness on my way up the road tonight! Caught my eye, with it being a little cleaner than my own and a small plate.

Post #26788 5th Sep 2008 11:54 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Carnoch wrote:
I would do and yes I've broached the subject, but herself draws the line at anything that hasn't got a LR stamp on it and the orange doesn't bother her or so she says. Could be that it was my idea that put her off!

Land Rover part number for clear side repeaters: LR007954

Does that help Very Happy Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #26793 6th Sep 2008 10:50 am
Carnoch

Hi,

Yes, you are quite right, we were A9 southbound on Friday. A visit to St. Andrews for the weekend. Missed out on a free bar 40th Birthday Bash as a consequence. I think I did see you coming the other way having a good look! The wife said 'eat your heart out, bet you wished you'd got black' as we passed.

Delta Mike is a strange nickname. Didn't it used to be a Police radio call sign in Ross-shire?

Oh, thanks to Dubai for the part number re the side indicators. Madam has seen them in black and quite likes them, so it's a toss up so to speak.

Post #26906 8th Sep 2008 1:41 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Carnoch wrote:
The wife said 'eat your heart out, bet you wished you'd got black' as we passed.

Clearly a woman of taste! what is she doing with you? Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #26910 8th Sep 2008 2:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

If the black indicators are the ones on eBay, I beleive they are the same one that a chap on RRS bought and they was a little on the cheap looking side when they arrived. Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26912 8th Sep 2008 2:59 pm
Carnoch

Huh, she knows what side her bread is buttered on! She asks, she gets! Buying a new FL2 for her birthday is minor fry compared to 'I want a new house' and Stamp Duty hitting into five figures Shocked

As for the side indicators, yes, she had seen them on Ebay. Starting at £30 odd, but if they are crap, we will steer clear. Cheers.

Post #26913 8th Sep 2008 3:20 pm
Delta Mike

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Eat your heart out??? I was in a balck Santorini HSE so probably not me you saw then!

Post #26930 8th Sep 2008 9:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>