« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Continental ContiCrossContact UHP 19"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green
Continental ContiCrossContact UHP 19"

Would like anyone's views on running on Continental ContiCrossContact UHP 19". I was going for the same tyre again when the time arise with only needing 3 off them and will use spare as the 4th, but in all the years I've been driving I have never aquaplane once up and till recently, either doing 50 or 60mph it just feels like the car is loosing it....... In my option, I think they are lethal in the wet and they still have over 5mm of tread left. MY13 HSE LUX Aintree Green
MY57 SE Stornoway Grey. Gone
Nissan X Trail
Discovery V8 LPG
Series II Land Rover

Post #283487 5th Dec 2015 10:14 am
jubdad

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I've just changed my Contis, they were at about 4mm and I wasn't happy with the feel of them on standing water. I went for Pirelli Scorpion Verde M+S and they feel really nice. OK they're new and at full tread depth but they were tested last week on the M1 around Loughborough when the heavens opened and the motorway was a river. I was impressed.

Post #283514 5th Dec 2015 6:07 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I ran them on my old Freelaner 2 and was very impressed. I have just ordered them for my current FL2. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #283517 5th Dec 2015 6:52 pm
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green

I've always found it weird when reading tyre reviews, how the same tyre can get so many mix reviews even when fitted to the same car. I was happy with Conti but lately with having a couple of incident on the motorway in heavy rain and what feels like little or no steering has put me right off them. MY13 HSE LUX Aintree Green
MY57 SE Stornoway Grey. Gone
Nissan X Trail
Discovery V8 LPG
Series II Land Rover

Post #283518 5th Dec 2015 7:12 pm
BRD

England 

Mav71 wrote:
I ran them on my old Freelaner 2 and was very impressed. I have just ordered them for my current FL2.

Sorry, just to clarify - were you running Conti or Pirelli?

Post #283523 5th Dec 2015 8:17 pm
sparkybaz

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
conti tyre con

hi
2.5 years ago when I needed new tyres the only make available in 19" was the conti's,roughly £235 fitted per tyre.they did 19k before getting low all town driving to be honest little motorway.
last week decided a new set are required and di a search on the net,wow 10 different options and now continental don't have the monopoly they are down to £145 fitted.
so out of principal I avoided conti's and bought Pirelli Verdi ,fitted by kwikfit at my front door £116 each excellent service in all ways.
I had the option of buying three conti's and using the new spare for the same price but opted for the four Pirelli.

supply and demand but when they had the market cornered they shafted us for £100 per tyre,wont get my business again..

Post #283584 6th Dec 2015 4:26 pm
Mav71

BRD wrote:
Mav71 wrote:
I ran them on my old Freelaner 2 and was very impressed. I have just ordered them for my current FL2.

I am having Continental Cross Contact UHP's like what was fitted from the factory.

As I have got very good service from these on my old FL2, I am sticking with what I know.

They'll only be used between April and October anyway as I run winters at this time of year. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #283620 6th Dec 2015 10:17 pm
Mav71

BRD wrote:
Mav71 wrote:

I am having Continental Cross Contact UHP's like what was fitted from the factory.

As I have got very good service from these on my old FL2, I am sticking with what I know.

They'll only be used between April and October anyway as I run winters at this time of year. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #283621 6th Dec 2015 10:17 pm
Mav71

Re: conti tyre con

sparkybaz wrote:
hi
2.5 years ago when I needed new tyres the only make available in 19" was the conti's,roughly £235 fitted per tyre.they did 19k before getting low all town driving to be honest little motorway.
last week decided a new set are required and di a search on the net,wow 10 different options and now continental don't have the monopoly they are down to £145 fitted.
so out of principal I avoided conti's and bought Pirelli Verdi ,fitted by kwikfit at my front door £116 each excellent service in all ways.
I had the option of buying three conti's and using the new spare for the same price but opted for the four Pirelli.

supply and demand but when they had the market cornered they shafted us for £100 per tyre,wont get my business again..

To be fair Pirelli were guilty of this too. Back in 2009 when I bought a pair, Pirelli Verdes were £280 each!

The only reason I didn't buy the Pirelli Scorpion Verde summer tyre is the bad reports of no grip on wet grass, and as I tow a caravan and quite often of wet grass, I can't risk this.

They of course do the all season version, but again this is pointless as I have winters wheels and tyres. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #283622 6th Dec 2015 10:21 pm
Lukeis

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

I got over 50,000km off the conti's and they still had tread when I replaced them. My next tyres were dead after 30,000km

The clock has started on the pirelli verde all season tyres but the conti's are a hard act to follow.. 2011 black FL2

Post #283625 6th Dec 2015 10:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1