Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Site News & Feedback > Thought - add a dedicated Discovery Sport area to the forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
taztastic

England 

Laughing I'm wondering how many are trying Rolling with laughter

Post #282824 30th Nov 2015 9:14 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

rjc1944 wrote:
What bit of Freelander 2 causes problems with understanding? If you buy a different car, join a different forum! Thumbs Up Easy, really.

Couldn't have said it any better myself Laughing MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #282826 30th Nov 2015 9:16 pm
taztastic

England 

The best way to get the new forum up and running ... Is to use it Thumbs Up

Google will see the traffic increase and re index the site, this will bump it up the ranks and more people will see it, it will then spiral and develop, this site had humble beginnings.

Post #282831 30th Nov 2015 9:19 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

That's if you know it exists of course. I have used the discoport forum and never got a reply to my question

What is the problem with having an icon to link to the new forum, disco 3, 4 evoque, full fat etc all get an icon link but why not discosport?? Or is the forum only interested in the minority of the population who have an ipad

The rival discosport forum is highly active and informative - shame it's not one of this family though.

Missed the boat I reckon.

Post #282833 30th Nov 2015 9:27 pm
j77

Scotland 

It's still not fully operational, the link to the shop still doesn't work. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #282835 30th Nov 2015 9:32 pm
taztastic

England 

I agree with the boat analogy, it has been mentioned. Martin seems to put all his effort into D3/4, rarely ventured onto here.
I know he has a growing family, maybe his attention is elsewhere Question

Post #282836 30th Nov 2015 9:32 pm
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I don't have a problem with a separate section on here, I am slowly getting into all things Landrover. I watched a guy clean an inter cooler on a D3 last night Laughing I can't believe I said that out loud! Rolling with laughter

Post #282837 30th Nov 2015 9:39 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

taztastic wrote:
The best way to get the new forum up and running ... Is to use it Thumbs Up

Google will see the traffic increase and re index the site, this will bump it up the ranks and more people will see it, it will then spiral and develop, this site had humble beginnings.

totally agree, I did use the site, and was a "founder" member, my point was, having a subsection might have ment greater take up, which in turn would increase the traffic for freel2.com, and push that further up the ranks as a combines site. 

Post #282838 30th Nov 2015 9:45 pm
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

I've just visited discosport again, as I do from time to time, and once again there's nothing new there. I think the time has come to admit that discosport was released too late and as a result has failed to attract members. It is to all intents and purposes moribund - there are more posts in the DS thread here than there are on discosport!

So either we cede all things DS to the competing forum (which is what is currently happening), or we increase the coverage of the DS here.

Is the latter really such an odd thing to do? The DS is based on the same platform as the FL, and the early models use the same engines. So many topics regarding servicing, upgrades, problems, TR modes, tyres, etc, apply equally to both vehicles. And with the DS being a possible upgrade path for some it's natural that FL owners would be interested in the model. And those who aren't don't have to read it.

I know I'm probably flogging the proverbial dead horse, but surely a DS area here has got to be better than a dead discosport and a successful competing forum!

Post #284878 20th Dec 2015 12:16 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Maybe the DS owners are not the enthusiastic type to join a forum as to them it's just a car which gets them from A-B. Also as they are still under warranty some see little need to be on a forum. Like it or hate it the DS has been successfully to JLR! Personally I hate it Laughing

Sales are up 30% compared to the Freelander
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/busine...r-10258869 MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #284879 20th Dec 2015 12:41 pm
j77

Scotland 

It was launched to late, I went live once the cars went on sale but should've been on line during the build up to launch when a lot of us were discussing specs etc (not a criticism, Martin has a young family). During that time that's when members build up bonds as we were all facing the same anticipations and heart aches over delays.

Perhaps a dedicated section wouldn't be too bad but then you could argue the Evoque is a Fl2 in a party dress do we add a section for that.

That's the problem Nut, they have joined a forum, just not Martins franchise. They are very enthusiastic about their cars, l just couldn't. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #284881 20th Dec 2015 12:45 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

I visit the competitor DS site quite often as part of my research on the next car. it is active. The correlating DS sister forum here is dead. It could be lively but people don't know it is there.

It's Martin's choice but shame the the forum family is ending this way. It will be interesting to see if any other LR variants get their own forum going forward or will it all be merged into one?

Perhaps an alternative solution is to put a sub section in the Disco forum

Post #284895 20th Dec 2015 1:58 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

LR NUT wrote:
Maybe the DS owners are not the enthusiastic type to join a forum as to them it's just a car which gets them from A-B. Also as they are still under warranty some see little need to be on a forum. Like it or hate it the DS has been successfully to JLR! Personally I hate it Laughing

Sales are up 30% compared to the Freelander
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/busine...r-10258869

Never count in 1st year sales being the indication of a models success. Look at Freelanders sales after introduction and successive updates. There is always "early adopters" to any new model. The "bread and butter" sales results starts about now for you guys, still early days here with dealer and JLRA Registrations clouding figures. I'm not so sure DS is going to be an outright success mainly based on the offer and the state of the market. It's crowded with a lot of sturdy competitors and I think the DS is too much a "look at me too" rather than having a "point of difference" approach. Of course this may be intentional as LR are hungry for volume and parent company far more interested in volume sales. MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #284906 20th Dec 2015 3:46 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

As someone said to me the other day, a person who has just bought a new Evoque by the way, Now they have stopped making the Freelander it will soon date and look old fashioned, true when you look back at the big Range Rovers of similar shape they look really old now.

Post #284909 20th Dec 2015 4:03 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Actually think the Evoque is looking dated, especially earlier models. Seen an Alfa 166 or 155 lately???? Looked stunning when they released them but now look absolutely hideous. I think the Freelander will age gracefully as it's design was always more functional than fashionista and that exactly what LR are doing atm. But fashion can be very fickle! MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)