Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Can you beat this ownership experience ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Unless it is a "wear and tear" issue, which many warranty companies try and use to wriggle out of paying for claims Rolling Eyes

Post #279879 30th Oct 2015 3:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

if you buy an 8 year old landrover expect some problems.

so sorry no sympathy, do your homework before you buy.

Iain

Post #279905 30th Oct 2015 7:18 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

ghawk2005 wrote:
£60 a month warranty but you're instantly covered for major trauma!

My wife and I spend that in coffee shops per month. (and that's on top of the LR Dealer free coffee) 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #279906 30th Oct 2015 7:27 pm
Mikey

iain cooper wrote:

Iain

That's a little harsh, considering it was an LR Approved vehicle, of which top money was likely paid, and should have been prepped accordingly...

Post #279913 30th Oct 2015 7:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

iain cooper wrote:

Iain

I did exactly that, did my homework.

"Land Rover Customer Promise

Inspected, Guaranteed And Ready For Action

Every vehicle that wears the Land Rover badge is designed to be driven effortlessly over some of the world's most difficult terrain. This means our Approved Used Programme has to go above and beyond to make sure all our vehicles continue to be up to this challenge no matter what you put them through.

Your Approved vehicle from Land Rover is as pristine as you would expect. To ensure it leaves a Retailer in the best possible condition, an Approved customer promise is in place. This gives you absolute peace of mind and guarantees your vehicle delivers the most composed and capable drive possible."

It broke down on the way home, should I expect that after paying nearly £12K

So what you are saying is anyone buying a used approved LR should ignore what they advertise you will be getting and why you should buy from them and expect less Question

What a strange statement to make Exclamation

Last edited by Milothedog on 30th Oct 2015 9:21 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #279916 30th Oct 2015 8:16 pm
j77

Scotland 

Disco 3, 2 years old EPB failure and then a few months later complete engine failure resulting in a new engine fitted under warranty with less than 20k on the clock. It's the worst I've had. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #279921 30th Oct 2015 8:51 pm
Dartman the one

England 

I think you have to look at it this way, you are a dealer, you have a 8year old car traded in with low mileage, it is suitable for the LR warranty. Do you whip it on the ramp, check it out and replace all the parts needing replacing at your expense, or polish it up and sell it with a warranty, any defects except for consumables will be paid for by the warranty and your profit is intact, and you lend the customer a vehicle to keep them quiet when it fails? Though the dealer should ensure it is roadworthy, low mileage older cars are known for brake problems, first point of checking. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #279937 30th Oct 2015 10:12 pm
Mikey

That goes firmly against the Approved Used scheme though, and one would hope there are no dealers that are as unscrupulous as that.

If there are, then they should really be reported to LRCC, to prevent it happening again...

Post #279942 30th Oct 2015 10:34 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

It does indeed and when I spoke to LRCC they, once they confirmed what I told them, were aghast. LRCC were brilliant in getting things put right for me. restoring my faith in the name.

The main issue with non-starts took over 2 months to put right and with 2 different dealers trying to diagnose it and the car being taken back to Cornwall. It was one of 4 the LR assist guys that came out to the car that eventually narrowed it down to the cam sensor. the dealer in Battersea were useless and lied to me about what they had done /tried and were taken to task by LRCC who admitted to me that I was not the first customer to complain about them and they were on their case about the level of service they should be providing.

I''m not looking for sympathy as has been suggested, and yes it was a 7 year old car we purchased but the facts are that it was not checked and prepared as described in the advertising when sold to us. I'm just alerting others to what I have experienced and the benefits of paying for what I now consider a very good warranty scheme.

Have a nice weekend all Very Happy

Post #279959 31st Oct 2015 10:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12