Home > In Car Electronics > Bluetooth...FL2 07 & iphone6 help required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
MrsDiesel

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red
Bluetooth...FL2 07 & iphone6 help required

Hi all, newbie here.

I have an 07 HSE with factory fitted bluetooth. Unfortunately I'm finding that it's a bit hit and miss in that I can always hear people fairly clearly, but they can't always hear me and say I'm breaking up even at full signal.

I'm also finding that, in the course of a conversation, when you happen to talk at the same time as the other person, they aren't even registering that I'm speaking, they just can't hear me at all. Is this an older system where (is it called?) duplex bluetooth isn't fitted?

Sorry to ask but it's driving me potty!

Thanks in advance,

Mrs Diesel

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Threads merged and title updated

Last edited by MrsDiesel on 30th Sep 2015 8:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #274603 3rd Sep 2015 8:29 pm
ad210358

England 

Try turning down the volume on your handset, there is an old thread on here regarding it, the volume of the handset is fighting the microphone on the Bluetooth. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #274610 3rd Sep 2015 8:59 pm
MrsDiesel

Hi and thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Never thought that could affect it, it's usually buried in my handbag!

Post #274614 3rd Sep 2015 9:18 pm
mdpslm

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Hi, I also have an 07 HSE and the bluetooth connection seems to works fine if a call is started once phone is BT connected. The only issue I've ever had is when you get into and start the car while you are already on a call, it can get a bit confused as to which mike & speakers should be in use and sometimes I get an odd feedback squeal and have to select LR on phone to reset it.

Post #274617 3rd Sep 2015 9:29 pm
MrsDiesel

It's off to the dealer for a second investigation on Friday after them telling me there was nothing wrong the first time...this is a copy of the notes I've sent them...

Issues experienced:

• Sometimes when I start the vehicle, I have to fully stop, remove the key and restart the vehicle several times before the Bluetooth system will register that my phone is present and then connect with it

• Sometimes when I make or receive a call, on connection the other person cannot hear me at all, thinks it is a dead line and hangs up, despite me shouting at the top of my voice directly at the microphone

• When I make or receive any call, after a varying period of anything between 20 seconds and a couple of minutes, the person on the other end reports that I am breaking up and cannot be heard clearly. This continues and gets worse until the call is terminated, usually through the frustration of the person on the other end

• On the rare occasions I do manage to have a conversation with someone, when the other person is talking, if I speak “over” them they cannot hear me, and do not even register that I have said something. There is also a delay of around 1 second after they finish speaking before they can hear anything I say

Facts/useful information:

• During all calls/attempted calls the person on the other end of the phone can be heard clearly by me in the car via the Bluetooth system, there is no breaking up of the caller at any time

• The iPhone 6 being used is running iOS 8.4.1, which the Land Rover compatibility website says is fully compatible with my FL2 based on chassis number

• The same phone can be used inside the car on handset or speaker (i.e. disconnected from the car) with no issues, therefore it is not the car blocking the signal or the other people’s phones being faulty

• The same phone has worked on Bluetooth systems perfectly well in my previous car and the courtesy Discovery Sport you lent me, and this is driving on exactly the same roads; therefore it is not the geographical location nor the phone itself being faulty

• The same problems are experienced when I pair my Blackberry 9320 Curve to the car

Post #277348 30th Sep 2015 8:59 pm
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I have an iPhone 6 plus used various IOS versions, all with no issues via Bluetooth.

Post #277349 30th Sep 2015 9:02 pm
MrsDiesel

Anyone with an 06/07/08 FL2 and an iPhone 6?

Hi all,

Calling anyone with an 06/07/08 FL2 and an iPhone 6...

My Bluetooth issues with my 07 HSE and my iPhone 6 are detailed here...
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic24305.html

The dealership are telling me they probably can't fix it as its a software incompatibility issue...hmmm.

I know one of you has already kindly commented that you have the same vehicle/phone and have no issues...are there any more of you out there with no issues please? I'd like to be able to poke this info back at the dealer if they try and fob me off!

Thanks!
This post has been edited by the site administration team
merged - Title edited

Post #277749 5th Oct 2015 10:16 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I was told by my local LR dealer a few years ago that LR had removed Iphones from the compatibility list on earlier models, due to connectivity problems.
They then reinstated it on later releases.

Iphones always used to have problems connecting via Bluetooth to non apple devices, but I think they relented and allowed open connectivity to lots of complaints.

You may find a software update on the head unit will improve things, or it may that early head units are just not compatible with Iphones.

Post #277754 5th Oct 2015 11:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

there is a blutooth upgrade on the older disco3 and rrsports, maybe there is something similar, i believe its a firmware upgrade of some description Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #277767 5th Oct 2015 1:04 pm
RichP

Mine has worked perfectly with an iPhone 4, 5 and now 6 plus. I may be just lucky!

Post #277768 5th Oct 2015 1:07 pm
SteveC

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

No issues here - 08 HSE and iPhone 6+ Steve

2008 TD4 HSE Auto, Zermatt Silver

Post #277774 5th Oct 2015 1:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

have a try updating to the latest IOS and if possible try another phone to see how you get on with that Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #277778 5th Oct 2015 2:02 pm
MrsDiesel

The garage have now told me the car will only support up to an iphone 4S...which is interesting as my husband has an iphone 4 and I've just tried to pair it...car won't even recognise it!

I give up! Have to sell the bl@*dy car I guess as it's no use without bluetooth Big Cry

Post #277802 5th Oct 2015 7:05 pm
RichP

That is utter rubbish, they are either not telling you the truth and/or don't know what they are talking about and don't have a solution to rectify your issue. I can 100% tell you that all of the iPhone's i listed above worked no issues.
A couple of things you need to try, although it does sound like the car is at fault, try your phone in a different car to make sure it is not your iPhone. It looks like you have already tried my second suggestion of getting another phone to try in your car. Has the garage got any other FL2s of that age with BT that they could prove themselves wrong with?

Post #277803 5th Oct 2015 7:25 pm
MrsDiesel

Hi Rich, you're thinking along the same lines as me with them not having a clue...

I know my phone is ok with my previous car ('13 plate peugeot 308) and it worked fine with the loan car the garage gave me the first time ('65 plate discovery sport). I've tried my work blackberry with the fl2 and that has all the same issues as listed above.

Post #277807 5th Oct 2015 7:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>