Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Transmission issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bertie boo

Transmission issue

Hi, I've had a Freelander 2 automatic HSE 2007 for 2 years and within a few weeks of purchasing it experienced the Q106 slip/flare issue now and again when using kick down when setting off from junctions/roundabouts, from both a standing and rolling start. Every now and again the car sets off and then loses the drive where it appears to come out of the gear and revs highly then after a few seconds goes back into gear with an almighty bang and lurch forward. I took it back to the non-Land Rover dealer who I bought it from stating there was a major issue and that sooner or later something is going to break/shear off.. They had no idea so took it to the local LR dealer who pleaded ignorance and couldn't find anything wrong. It kept occurring over the following months so I took it back again, LR this time reconfigured the transmission and diff controllers as per the Q106, which I have to admit at this time I wasn't aware there had been a recall for this issue.
The problem still persisted although not quite so violently when it eventually went back into drive.
I kept on mentioning it but all I got back was that there was no fault showing.
Not surprisingly a couple of weeks ago the same thing happened again at much lower revs and immediately a clunking sound appeared from under the car. I took it back in where LR have said it is probably the PTO where teeth have sheared off and it will need replacing. They are adamant that there is no other issue regarding the transmission and this PTO issue is nothing to do with the Q106, which I only found out about last week via the internet, I have now managed to replicate the issue with one of their technicians sat in the car with me but are going to strip it down and run more run diagnostic tests, me footing the bill for if nothing shows up. I am aware that their software will probably show no fault but know that it is still there.
I know I've gone on and on but until the transmission fault is accepted and rectified other damage will always occur.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Other than this issue I've been very pleased with the vehicle.
Thanks. Sad

Post #269536 14th Jul 2015 10:29 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

So this has been an ongoing problem for 2 years? What mileage are you at? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #269555 14th Jul 2015 12:46 pm
Bertie boo

Mileage now is 95K but I first experienced the problem at about 82K a few weeks after buying the vehicle

Post #269577 14th Jul 2015 6:38 pm
NortonES2

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Fuji White
Transmission issue with "S"Mode

HI All,

Need some help!!!!

I have a 2014 freelander TD4 Auto, after LR did some repairs on the power control module, it will not go into "S" mode till I have covered 40km or more. "S"is displayed on the dash, but auto still in normal mode.

For the first 18000km it worked fine and would select it instantly from cold....revs would pick up and away you go.

Anyone have this fault or symptoms ???

Regards
Steve

Post #277372 1st Oct 2015 8:49 am
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Take it back?

Post #277399 1st Oct 2015 12:37 pm
NortonES2

Its been with them for a month already, they can't fix it and are now trying to tell me that its normal......that's why I asked the question.

Post #277454 1st Oct 2015 9:35 pm
Metropolis

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

A call to LR Customer Services might be in order. I very much doubt that displaying one mode whilst operating in another is "normal" so if the dealer can't fix it then LR should be invited to step in.

Post #277462 1st Oct 2015 10:51 pm
NortonES2

HI,

LR customer service have been dealing with it for 6 weeks and they arranged to ship it 200km (1 month ago) to a Sydney dealer so they could assist, and have their engineers work on it as well....but its still going no where.

I just want to make sure this is not NORMAL. and all the FL2's out there will select "S"mode from cold.

Post #277471 2nd Oct 2015 6:04 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1