« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > tow bar for a dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Quentyn

tow bar for a dynamic

hi all

is it possible to fit a towbar to a dynamic without cutting the bumper ? if so what is the best towbar to get ? I think I need one with electrics so this will mean i will need to get someone to fit it - is it a long job ? is there anyone recommended about an hour or so from W london ?

Q

Post #274185 30th Aug 2015 8:20 pm
taztastic

England 

Hit search .... type 'Dynamic +towbar' and there are a few threads Thumbs Up

Post #274186 30th Aug 2015 8:23 pm
Quentyn

and I have searched and I am more confused

this thread

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic18290.htm...mic+towbar

seems to indicate that a genuine LR bar can be fitted without cutting - this would be my preference if its possible

And other seem to indicate that only a witter detachable flanged one will do ?

as for electrics - if I only want to tow a small trailer i just need the basic 7pin electrics ?

Q

Post #274188 30th Aug 2015 8:43 pm
Flash B

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I fitted a Witter detachable swan neck to my Dynamic. Got it from PF Jones with the electrics. I'm no mechanic and it took me a couple of hours. No cutting of the rear skirt and it looks great.

Save a lot and do it yourself.

Ash

Post #275836 14th Sep 2015 8:30 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Genuine LR fixed height tow bar the smaller trimmed area is the actual car bumper and the larger trimmed section is the bodykit! You have to have your head under the bumper to actually see the trimmed sections so nothing to worry about. 

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #275857 15th Sep 2015 7:11 am
alans835

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Here is some pics of my detachable towbar on my sport (same bumpers) it's a bosal one I got from pf Jones was straight forward to fit. I was lucky though the car had previously had a towbar fitted so i didn't need to remove the bumper. I opted for the LR Genuine electrics and they work superb. The bumper needs a piece removed but like LR Nuts you would need to be run over by the car to see it once the Towball is removed you would never know it had a towbar fitted. I did a lot of research into which towbar to get for mine during the summer and the reviews of the Genuine LR brink detachable towbar gets a horrible write up and it needs a large cut from the bumper from what I could see. The bosal detachable is a vertical attachment so will require a cut but nothing you would see and once removed nothing is visible which keeps my wife happy!

The electrics are easy, on mine it was a few fuses in the boot and a couple plugs to connect behind the boot trim LR instructions are decent and if your car is the facelift model then I don't think you will need to programme it. I did have to get mine programmed by LR but my car is a 2011. Ive had non genuine electrics in the past and wasn't to impressed my personal opinion on them is to get the genuine electrics they do exactly as they say on the tin.

Here is the Towball removed I have mounted the electric socket on a pivot so I can swing it up behind the bumper when not in use.

Hope this all helps. Regards

Alan

Post #277363 30th Sep 2015 11:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1