Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Retrofit HID/signature leadlamps without adaptor loom
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Col1nw3bb

United Kingdom 
Retrofit HID/signature leadlamps without adaptor loom

Hey guys thought id do a little photo guide to how ive rewired my new headlamps internally to avoid buying expensive plugs to make adaptors with.

First up big thanks to wytonpjs for the very informative post http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic16893.htm...+signature which i took the wiring diagram from.

I really couldnt justify the expense of making adaptors so decided to rewire in the lamp and took some photos along the way. To do this you will just need 2x waterproof 3way plugs, a drl controller (mine has a smart sense relay built in to only power when engine runs), 6x p600a diodes, heat shrink and suitable cable. Soldering iron and basic ability. Fair warning you are playing with electrics and follow this at your own risk, if you dont have confidence in your ability to follow the wiring diagram in post above id leave it alone.

That said, step one is to open the access cover on back of headlight and give the plug a twist. Pull it out and label the wires to the current hole numbers.

Next up remove the plastic insert that holds the pins in place. This is a bit awkward, but you need to release the 4 locking pins you can clearly see in the below pic whilst pulling up.

You now need to remove the pins by releasing the tabs one at a time.

Following wytonpjs diagram i soldered and heat shrinked everything up, there is loads of room and slack in the headlamp to work. Adding 3 takeoffs for the drl control these were fed through a hole and connected to a waterproof loom plug.

I then sealed the hole where the wires came through with hot glue and job done. Did consider going the relay meathod to make xenons work, but decided to have the ccf altered instead. Didnt want to add more relays and make potential future faults harder to trace.

I know its not step by step but as said at start if you cant solder/read a wiring diagram to begin with it may be worth steering away from this one. For those that can and are interested in doing this mod hopefully it gives another way to carry it out and save some cash.

Colin

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #275850 14th Sep 2015 10:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1