Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Trip to Northumberland and the Scottish Borders
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

they can get in to silly money, a friend has a 800mm Cannon lens that cost ££££, but by heck he can use it and the pictures are amazing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #275287 9th Sep 2015 3:15 pm
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I agree you can spend a lot of money, that's the good thing about that website, you can see what difference the additional money will make. With the right matched lens and camera you can get great pictures without spending a fortune.

Post #275293 9th Sep 2015 3:44 pm
taztastic

England 

One of the best camera bodies out there is a Canon 40D, the pixel density and space between them gives superb results, if you can get a low count 40D they are a gem, that was my previous camera, moved onto full frame now, prefer landscapes to birds on sticks. Sadly collecting lenses with red rings is also part of the hobby, a rather expensive part Laughing

Photo's have dwindled some what over the last few months, let's get more of your pics on here, enjoyed by everyone Thumbs Up

Post #275302 9th Sep 2015 5:55 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

RichP wrote:
Yes it is quite a tricky subject to see how good a lens will be with the camera body as some are better for crop sensors, etc. I use this site to check what the sharpness (megapixels) I will get using a specific lens on the camera body. dxomark.com

If you followed the advice of this website you'd never buy canon crop dslr's and lenses. I suggest that you also look at real world results rather than just rely on just one website.
Back to topic. Really nice photo's Thumbs Up

Post #275324 10th Sep 2015 5:35 am
indypops

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Rimini Red

taztastic wrote:
One of the best camera bodies out there is a Canon 40D, the pixel density and space between them gives superb results, if you can get a low count 40D they are a gem, that was my previous camera, moved onto full frame now, prefer landscapes to birds on sticks. Sadly collecting lenses with red rings is also part of the hobby, a rather expensive part Laughing

Photo's have dwindled some what over the last few months, let's get more of your pics on here, enjoyed by everyone Thumbs Up

I started off with a Canon 350D, which we had for ages and to be fair didnt really see the light of day until holidays came around, oh how that has changed, the photography bug well and truly got hold Very Happy When I decided I would like to take things a little more seriously a couple of years ago I upgraded to a Canon 60D and love it......would I like a full frame?....most certainly yes, but I think that is going to have to wait for that boat coming in so for now I shall bimble along as I am.

Re dwindling photos.....careful what you wish for Smile Now I have worked out how to upload from Flickr (thanks for your help npinks) there will be more from me. Cant guarantee they will all be Freelander related but rest assured any photos that appear on here....the Freely will have got us there....so I guess that counts....I hope Whistle

Post #275334 10th Sep 2015 9:05 am
indypops

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Rimini Red

BossBob wrote:
RichP wrote:
Yes it is quite a tricky subject to see how good a lens will be with the camera body as some are better for crop sensors, etc. I use this site to check what the sharpness (megapixels) I will get using a specific lens on the camera body. dxomark.com

If you followed the advice of this website you'd never buy canon crop dslr's and lenses. I suggest that you also look at real world results rather than just rely on just one website.
Back to topic. Really nice photo's Thumbs Up

Good advice BossBob....and thank you for the Thumbs Up

Post #275336 10th Sep 2015 9:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12