« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > DVLA.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
DVLA.

Censored DVLA muppets, received a V5 yesterday for my vehicles original number even though it's registered on my personal plate, not only that but they have transferred the tax to the original so I now have a car taxed on one plate and insured on the other.
Went out yesterday and parked next to the local Nick before I thought to check the tax, they must have all been on their break as no one noticed.
Can see a long and frustrating phone call tomorrow, that's if I get to speak to a human instead of some automated machine.
Bring back the local offices, never had a problem when they were open. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #270044 19th Jul 2015 12:37 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

I spoke to the DVLA on a Saturday morning, rang as soon as they opened, got straight through, spoke to a guy who knew exactly what I was on about and it was all sorted in 10 minutes, depends on when you ring, dont expect to get through first thing on a Monday morning.

Post #270045 19th Jul 2015 12:45 pm
MidlandRover

First thing was my plan otherwise I'm marooned till I can get it sorted, don't want to change my insurance unless it's absolutely necessary don't suppose they will pay the admin fee. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #270047 19th Jul 2015 1:13 pm
paxman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

They sent me a road tax demand for my previous car even though they had sent me acknowledgement that I am no longer the owner when the car had been sold. I rang DVLA in the morning and they were busy, a person answered in the afternoon when I rang again and the problem is sorted in less than 5 minutes.

Post #270057 19th Jul 2015 4:53 pm
eddiekol

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Bought my HSE in December 2014,and still waiting for my "automatic" refund.Having a personalised registration caused a problem for them.Got to February 2015 before writing to them with regards to the refund.They finally sent the refund,but refunded for my current car! Consequently,I was driving around without Road Tax for a couple of months without knowing.Only when a letter arrived,did I realise what had happened.I wrote them a very stiff letter telling them of their mistake,but still waiting for a reply after almost eight weeks.

Post #270071 19th Jul 2015 7:19 pm
Landiroamer

Just done my personal plate swop on both my cars and both went through as smooth as a babies bum.
I was expecting the personal plates to go wrong but it didnt in my case, I guess its down to whoever does it all at their end, or maybe confusion can occur when you are swopping a plate from a car to a car of the same make and type?

Post #270072 19th Jul 2015 7:45 pm
MidlandRover

That could be my problem swapping from 1 Freelander to another.
They also sent me a V5 and tax reminder for a plate I have never had. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

Stop global winging.

Post #270074 19th Jul 2015 8:20 pm
eddiekol

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I swapped over my personal reg from a Volvo V50 to my current car,so the car isn't the issue.It seems to me,that,the DVLA got confused by the actual personal reg,transfer.I have transferred the reg on several occasions without any problems.Previously,it was easy to get your refund,because you had the old disc.Now,you rely on paperwork.

Post #270083 19th Jul 2015 9:21 pm
GlynnB

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I think that they must be totally swamped. I do not know how many staff they have but their workload must have increased substantially. I am currently driving on an expired licence as I have a 3 yearly renewable due to diabetes. I applied as usual 3 months before expiry but have heard nothing back. I sent an email asking if I was OK to carry on driving and received an email back quoting their rules for "Can I continue to drive" which I interpret as I can. I just hope that if stopped the policeman agrees or if in an accident my insurance agrees. If you consider the number of diabetics on 3 yearly renewal, over 70's, heart cases, stroke cases and other illnesses requiring a 3 year renewal it must run into millions. Silver 2009 HSE

Post #270101 20th Jul 2015 8:27 am
MidlandRover

Just called them this morning with no resolution, they are supposed to be calling me back today.
Advised not to use the vehicle for now, starting to get cabin fever need to get out from under her feet.
The worst thing the last government did was to close the local offices, never had any problems 15 minutes and all was sorted.
I now wait with baited breath. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

Stop global winging.

Post #270110 20th Jul 2015 10:07 am
Landiroamer

Well it is Monday and I bet they dont call back Rolling Eyes
Like you say they cut all the services that benefit the general public but not those that might affect the nobs.

Our council now only cuts the grass verges either side of a junction and leaves the rest, its a right mess, they say they need to cut back on costs, but I noted the council offices staff canteen is still well subsidised, they havent cut back on that!

Post #270123 20th Jul 2015 11:39 am
MidlandRover

All sorted my lunchtime, they have no idea what happened but private plate re installed and tax changed over.
Managed to get out for a spot of lunch as it rained just before I was going to cut the grass. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

Stop global winging.

Post #270131 20th Jul 2015 3:19 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Some very good advice on here recently was to keep a copy of all online transactions. Won't help in all the above cases but could be a help if you are stopped by the police. Most obvious one is to keep proof that you paid the vehicle duty on line, in case they haven't updated the computer. Police must be seeing a good few of these problems, so some paperwork may well convince them. Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #270155 20th Jul 2015 6:11 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Don't you just love the DVLA. They are either very good/helpful or totally inept! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #270157 20th Jul 2015 6:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Landiroamer

Past master wrote:
Most obvious one is to keep proof that you paid the vehicle duty on line, in case they haven't updated the computer. Police must be seeing a good few of these problems, so some paperwork may well convince them.

Im sure though as some folk can print off very passable £5 notes to use printing off a form saying youve paid your tax must be a doddle to them?

Post #270164 20th Jul 2015 7:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>