Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > What Landrover wheels will fit Freelander 2?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Marksovereign

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

im considering 19s at the mo!

Post #266328 8th Jun 2015 9:01 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

ronp wrote:
Didn't say there was Wink

True Laughing Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #266331 8th Jun 2015 9:16 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Marksovereign wrote:
im considering 19s at the mo!

If you are purchasing a Kahn set of wheels make sure you buy them from Kahn direct of an approved stockist. Copies may well not be correctly load rated. However a genuine 19" LR alloy will always be more stronger against abuse than any non genuine 19" alloy.

I would also stick with M+S branded tyres. On my 22s I could not get M+S as its too large a tyre in my size. However my tyres are Pirelli Scorpions which are a class B in the rain and they are excellent. Near our family farm last October I took her up and down a grassy bank and she was not much of a problem at all. Yes there was some wheel spin at times but my 19s also did the same but it was a bit less. Overall she did damn well with summer tyres!

If your looking at 22s then never go for Achillies Tyres, Kahn, Hawke, Overfinch all seem to fit them God knows why Thud as they are bloody awful. It's the cheapest of cheap tyres you can get with a rocksolid ride and crap ratings. As your aspect ratio is fairly small it gives the 22s a bad name if fitted with Achillies.

Believe it or not my ride with the 22s is very smooth and there is very little difference in the ride against the 19s. The FL2 suspension set up is excellent and most of the time I forget I'm running 22s. If you go flying over sleeping policemen or pot holes then obviously you will feel it a lot more. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #266333 8th Jun 2015 9:31 pm
Marksovereign

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Im running standard 17s at the moment and they are like a flying carpet. I really wanted an HSE but just couldn't find a facelift oneone in my budget with decent mileage - the XS I've bought is 61 plate and its done 23k and its absolutely mint, if i spend £1k on it the spec won't be far off as i want it to look right- that said my wife has got a mini Countryman Cooper SD all four on 18 inch wheels with runflats - its like a go cart but the ride is seismic it loosens your fillings on a bad road. thanks for all the advice its appreciated - i may well have located some 19 inch wheels just down the road dependent on the price

Post #266340 8th Jun 2015 11:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12