Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Icarsoft-TF930 Freelander 2 Diagnostic code reader scanner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
fredastaire

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Re Icarsoft.
I have the Vauxhall version and used it on a 2013 write off to clear many codes including resetting the airbags modules, I'm very happy with it.
My son has the Mercedes version and has used it to clear Autobox codes on his SL 500, he's very happy.
I have yet to buy the freelander version............
Kind regards from Fred 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
Other cars:-
1958 & 1959 Austin J40 Pedal Cars under restoration (I make many J40 parts)
If you have an Austin J40 or Pathfinder Pedal Car looking for a new home pls PM me.
2009 Meriva

Post #265260 31st May 2015 9:49 am
rangioran

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Hi Fred - thanks for the info. I'm still looking for something (probably run on a laptop) that lets me get down to assigning values to the various modules. Best thing that I've found so far is British Diagnostics package, can't find pricing though.

Post #265297 31st May 2015 2:38 pm
fredastaire

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I would also want a laptop package . I have a GS without the under mirror approach lamps and I want to turn the function 'on' I've located the door wiring up go the mirror and found a way through the mirror pivot to add the extra wires, ivve also got clip on lamps ready, (you can't fit LR originals as the mirror płastic front have the 'socket' recess),
Kind regards from Fred
. 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
Other cars:-
1958 & 1959 Austin J40 Pedal Cars under restoration (I make many J40 parts)
If you have an Austin J40 or Pathfinder Pedal Car looking for a new home pls PM me.
2009 Meriva

Post #265303 31st May 2015 3:25 pm
rangioran

Hi Fred - exactly the sort of thing that I want the software for. Waiting for British Diagnostics ro come back from holiday on the 9th June Shocked

Post #265304 31st May 2015 3:28 pm
rangioran

Got the car Monday - really fell in love with it driving back from Congleton - and immediately swung around to where we store the caravan to test the new tow bar and 13 pin electrics that the supplier had fitted for me. Hooked the electrics up to find that only the brake lights worked! No other lights/indicators, nothing! Gave them a call and profuse apologies, could I possibly drop it back tomorrow and they'll fix it whilst I wait and as compensation they give me a discount off the arm rest and rear mat I've ordered?

OK, got the Icarsoft TF930 out and gave it a whiz. Excellent display, so clear and readable, good size in the palm of the hand, clear simple and meaningful menu system. After setting it up for the correct JLR vehicle straight into diagnostics, navigated to 'Trailer Module' and got U0140 - 'Lost communications with the body control module' and U0300 - 'Internal control mode software incompatibility'. Happy with that result!

Anyway, took it back in next day and true to their word, the excellent folk at LRC 4x4 explained why it had happened (desktop computer that they update their Land Rover programming box from had a 'glitch' the previous day and corrupted the Trailer Module package), made me a cup of tea, had it sorted in no time and also fitted the arm rest (excellent addition), popped the load space mat in, and given me a nice discount off both.

End result, delighted with the performance of the Icarsoft TF930 - for the price an excellent tool, totally comfortable with the customer support services of Mark Gibbins and all of his team at LRC 4x4 Ltd in Congleton, and delighted with the new Freelander - fabulous motor!

Post #265634 3rd Jun 2015 6:44 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12