Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > DOVER road chaos - New Scheme in place for summer 2015
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
andy3681

United Kingdom 

Oh Censored on the 10:04 shuttle train saturday morning!

Post #270291 22nd Jul 2015 3:14 pm
paxman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

Just booked Newhaven - Dieppe with DFDS this weekend hopefully French farmers don't protest there lol!

Post #270311 22nd Jul 2015 4:55 pm
CJB

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

very wise.. the situation changes daily if not by the hour.
Have a good journey.

Post #270317 22nd Jul 2015 6:17 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Just returned from 3 weeks in France.
Carnage at Dover on the outbound journey and we travelled during the night to head for the tunnel.
We were taken off at J8 and had to drive about 31 miles through all the lanes to the tunnel.
The lorries at that time were parked along both sides of the A20 as far as the eye could see and further.
Every single gap was filled with trucks.
I have a Pal who lives in Ashford and he said during the day it would take 3.5 hrs just to cross the town.
It was bad enough at 02.30am and added an extra 1.5 hrs on the journey !

Once over lots of immigrants wandering the roads !

On our return the queues to the tunnel and surrounding area was horrendous. Again we opted for a late crossing return which helped. Again lots of immigrants just wandering around ! but more security than I have seen before.

We visited Cite Europe at 11.30 AM and it was dead. I have a photo with not a single person standing in the main shopping isle.
We also experienced the farmers burning rubber tyres in the middle of roads and causing chaos.
They should be prosecuted for criminal damage and causing excessive smoke and emissions !

This year was our 25th year of travelling to France but beginning to question whether to bother any-more.
Is the travel hassle worth it ! NO
The migrant situation is Frances fault because they let them in in the first place. They should not be waiting to cross to the UK as they are supposed to be dealt with by the country they enter first under EU law. Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #270435 23rd Jul 2015 11:25 am
Still Lost in France

France 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Quote:
The migrant situation is Frances fault because they let them in in the first place. They should not be waiting to cross to the UK as they are supposed to be dealt with by the country they enter first under EU law.

In that case they should be dealt with in Italy or Greece.

The real problem is the UK benefits system, where the impression, possibly incorrectly, is that anyone can turn up and receive state handouts.

France has a very simple benefits system, if you haven't paid into the system, you don't get anything out.

Post #270445 23rd Jul 2015 12:20 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Possibly incorrect, but somehow they seem to get them?
Our system should not be any better than any other country in the EU, I mean we're all in it together, arent we?

The English language is the UKs downfall, the immigrants dont like the other countries because they cant understand whats going on, where all who come here can speak English, and the few that cant can still manage to say Asylum, Benefits Office, Money and House.

Post #270448 23rd Jul 2015 12:28 pm
CJB

update for you guys.. the emigrants no longer bother with the lorries but just walk through the tunnel.
As a result 'Stack' is in force again today on M20 J8-J9. Its also the busiest holiday weekend and there is a War and Peace show on at Folkestone racecourse, on the A20 nr Junc11 M20..

I suspect the French ferry workers will also add to the problems.. you have been warned. Kent Police are saying Stack maybe in all weekend, so plan for delay to your journeys. Bad weather is forecast too which will delay ferry crossings.
see latest http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/Operatio...story.html

PS.. It seems a French jobs rescue package is being proposed for the MyFerry workers, so that might at least restore the situation to normal emigrant/weather chaos. As I understand the situation today, its only P&O ferries operating from Dover as the DFDS boats are occupied by strikers. P&O hope to bring in another boat to help move the backlog.

Post #270482 23rd Jul 2015 4:55 pm
paxman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

Thank CJB, I imagine the locals aren't happy with the road situation! It surely affects their daily routine and all aspect of their lives.

Post #270558 24th Jul 2015 10:35 am
Landiroamer

Yes Its a pity the stacking scheme doesnt extend past 10 Downing Street round the corner and by Buckingham Palace it would all be sorted out tomorrow then Rolling Eyes

Post #270559 24th Jul 2015 10:38 am
CJB

LOL.. yes indeed. I'm afraid we live with it year on year due to weather delays but this year has been exceptional.

Would you believe the message has only just got through to the Transport Minister that we have a roads problem.. and the Immigration Minister has yet to visit Calais himself to see the scale of the migrant camp.. currently 5000 waiting to enter UK.

Kent County Council is looking after 500 migrant children at a cost of £5million to the local taxpayer and Kent Police have already spent £750,000 this year policing 'Stack'.

Current situation is that 'Stack' is expected to be in all weekend M20 J8-9, but high winds tonite could add to the ferry delays.
As always, check road traffic reports.
Good luck guys.

Post #270560 24th Jul 2015 10:51 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Still Lost in France wrote:
Quote:
The migrant situation is Frances fault because they let them in in the first place. They should not be waiting to cross to the UK as they are supposed to be dealt with by the country they enter first under EU law.

In that case they should be dealt with in Italy or Greece.

But if they are not, why is France letting them enter the country. France is not dealing with them so we won't let them in to the UK so on that basis, if Italy doesn't deal with them, why they getting into France?

Could it be that the French government are turning a blind eye to these so-called asylum seekers entering France as they know they are just passing through and that we will eventually be stuck with them? That's just aiding and abetting in my book. Well, it's all going wrong now, the French are reaping what they sow and they don't like it!

Post #270567 24th Jul 2015 12:04 pm
Still Lost in France

France 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Apart from the Schengen Agreement allowing free movement between EU countries, France has 2884 km of borders with other countries.

I guess it could keep a couple of fencing contractors busy for a while.

Post #270570 24th Jul 2015 12:15 pm
CJB

Update as of midday 26 July

Stack has been partly lifted but remains between M20 J8-9 for lorries. heavy rain and high winds today will delay ferry crossings.

A temporary contraflow will be put in place asap on M20 to allow normal traffic to use the M20 to and from Dover until a more permanent solution of lorry parks can be put in place.. in the future !!

Would advise anyone using Dover next few weeks to keep looking at news updates and traffic reports. This weekend drivers experienced 5 hour delays and seemed oblivious of the problem until they arrived at Maidstone.

Migrants in Calais are now attacking the Euro tunnel terminal at Calais on a daily basis, which is causing the train services to be delayed.

Post #270761 26th Jul 2015 3:12 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Still Lost in France wrote:
Apart from the Schengen Agreement allowing free movement between EU countries, France has 2884 km of borders with other countries.

I guess it could keep a couple of fencing contractors busy for a while.

It's not the EU migrants that are trying to enter the country illegally, they don't need to. Isn't it so that those claiming asylum must claim it on the first safe country they get to? Personally, I've no problem whatsoever with genuine asylum seekers fleeing for their lives - it must be terrible and if I was one I'd do the same and I'd be only too glad to get somewhere safe. Now, those ones that blatantly try daily to jump on lorries and walk through the tunnel - they're not genuine asylum seekers. They're ponces coming over here to take advantage of our hospitality. France let 'em in so let them deal with them. If The French authorities were to visit them several times a night, every night with water cannon and fire engines and soak them in their makeshift camps near the border, you'd soon see their numbers drop.

Last edited by Steve D on 26th Jul 2015 4:53 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #270771 26th Jul 2015 4:48 pm
Landiroamer

Migrants in Calais are now attacking the Euro tunnel terminal at Calais

Surely thats a case for deporting them back to where they came from then?

Once they get here they will be attacking the benefits system too no doubt. Rolling Eyes

All I can say is its a jolly good job there some water between here and there.

Post #270773 26th Jul 2015 4:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>