Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Ordering parts from the UK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Vesko

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Ordering parts from the UK?

Can you guys recommend an online retailer that could ship parts for F2 to Oz? I need a side rear vision mirror.

Last night after a few (or more) at the local pub, the angle I chose to reverse into the garage didn't agree with the protruding driver side rear vision mirror - it broke a little and now I need a new one. Big Cry

I'm sure the hustle ordering from the UK would be worth it, considering the $800 that my local Land Rover dealer is willing to make me part with for that stupid palstic. Thanks.

Last edited by Vesko on 24th Mar 2015 12:13 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #257868 23rd Mar 2015 9:39 am
taztastic

England 

Hi Vesko
I shipped out four wheels to Oz (Tas) last year, BigDave off Disco4 sorted the logistics for me and the whole thing was pretty easy.
PM me if you want me to help with this, it's straightforward enough,
Dan@Duckworths will get you the parts, send them to me here and I will ship them on for you Thumbs Up

Post #257869 23rd Mar 2015 10:05 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I ordered all my accessories from duckworthparts.co.uk & Irparts.net both suppliers orders were delivered in about a week. Freight from UK hurts but it's still cheaper & quicker than buying locally. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #257948 23rd Mar 2015 10:25 pm
Vesko

taztastic wrote:
Hi Vesko
I shipped out four wheels to Oz (Tas) last year, BigDave off Disco4 sorted the logistics for me and the whole thing was pretty easy.
PM me if you want me to help with this, it's straightforward enough,
Dan@Duckworths will get you the parts, send them to me here and I will ship them on for you Thumbs Up

Hi Taztastic, you are kind, thank you. I've enquired by email to duckworthparts.co.uk if they can ship the mirror directly to me. If it doesn't work I'll send you a PM. Thanks mate. Smile

Hey Lightwater, it seems Irparts.net doesn't exist any more, but I found another online retailer (Britishparts Online) that might ship to Oz (still waiting for their response): http://britishparts.co.uk/t/land-rover/fre...ngs?page=2

Post #257986 24th Mar 2015 9:40 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

britishparts are a sponsor on here also

also if Dan can't help you, try disco3 sponsors Yoevil Landrover, Brad there will do his best to help Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #257989 24th Mar 2015 10:29 am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

should have got a reply from me Vesko, no problem dispatching to Oz Thumbs Up Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #258157 25th Mar 2015 4:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vesko

Thanks Dan, cool service, straight forward ordering and payment and about 40% less than what the Oz dealers will demand from you. I will update when the part arrives. Hey! Very Happy

Post #258378 27th Mar 2015 11:20 am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the order Thumbs Up Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #258382 27th Mar 2015 12:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vesko

To all brothers and sisters in Oz, who drive a FL2 - we are held hostage by the local Land Rover dealerships!

It took only a couple of weeks for the rear vision mirror I ordered from duckworthparts to arrive at my home address. The local Land Rover dealership asked for $160. In England the part is just £39. Even with the shipment of £15 added, I paid just $106.30. Go figure if it was something more expensive.

Big thanks to www.duckworthparts.co.uk and particularly to Dan Roberts, who took care of my order. Great communications, just a few prompt emails to make sure the proper part is send away and it was done. Thank you.

Post #261106 20th Apr 2015 12:23 pm
Aussie Battler

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Vesko that is true I cracked a tail light lens and needed to replace the whole assy.At that time I used company called famous four and the assy was 89 pound so I also ordered 2 service kits and a couple of extra oil filters . They come back with the price which was good but the postage was 110 pound as it was quite a large parcel and the total was $811 . I did a double take but it still said 811 pound so I went to the local dealer and enquired about the price of the tail light assy only,$809 thank you. you can figure out the rest
Doug

Post #263492 12th May 2015 7:55 am
martinl

Australia 

Hey Vesko, are you still running 245/70 17R's? Any issues with gear ratio changes / suspension travel or anything else?

Are you still happy to recommend this size?

I'm look at new tires and can get these $50 cheaper than the 245/65 R17 so seems like a good deal.

Thanks

Martin

PS I've used Rimmer Bros for parts and have been happy.

Post #264169 19th May 2015 2:31 am
Vesko

Hi Martin, yes I'm still with them and warmly recommend them. Initially I feared they might put some strain on the engine/gear box as I imagine larger wheels should require more power. No problem whatsoever - the FL2 climbed Mt Pinnibar and as recently as two days ago Mt Coree without any straggle. The tyres don't touch anywhere and provide more comfortable ride. My only concern is how would they fare in muddy conditions - there is not much space left there, if the mud sticks, there will be a problem. I guess I would just avoid muddy possibilities Smile

Yes I'm still happy with my 245/70 17R's Smile Cheers!

Post #264192 19th May 2015 9:22 am
martinl

Australia 

Thanks Vesko
You and Mikehzz's posts and blogs were a large factor in my choosing the Freelander in the first place. Maybe you ask Land Rover for a commission!

Looking forward to seeing your photo's from the recent trip.

Post #264198 19th May 2015 10:20 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1