Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Seen My First DS On The Road.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Spagley

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

That looks nice, not sure why other shots I've seen don't seem as favourable.

Beige on beige???

That's a lost hearing aid disaster waiting to happen!

Post #259297 3rd Apr 2015 6:15 am
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

Went for a spin in one yesturday, liked the auto shift button it helps with my wife's bad arm but the ride was so hard and the rear seats have a lump at the bottom and is uncomfortable. Price tag also to steep.
I will be looking for an auto freelander and sell my MY10 XS manual.
Cool

Post #260965 19th Apr 2015 9:32 am
3disco

United Kingdom 

I have seen my first DS today in Seaton,it looked very nice!(I know I must get out more)

Post #261376 22nd Apr 2015 7:04 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

I have been out and about around somerset for the last few days, and haven't seen a single one. Means if you have one you really do have a unique car right now.

Post #261392 22nd Apr 2015 9:21 pm
taztastic

England 

Three around where I live, one grey, one white and a Firenze black pack, my Freelander stands out in the minority Laughing

Post #261393 22nd Apr 2015 10:01 pm
j77

Scotland 

They are still few and far between at the moment. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #261397 22nd Apr 2015 11:00 pm
Spagley

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Spotted my first one following me along a country lane at the weekend. It didn't look too bad in the mirror, so pulled over to take a peek at the sides, then followed it for a while.

I don't know if it was the nice red paintwork with black roof and bits, but looked far nicer in the metal than it seems in pics, and didn't seem to be quite such an anonymous/generic shape.

Hmmm, I think I may be leaning towards liking them...

It still felt like it should be slotted into the RangeRover line rather then the Landy side though Smile

Post #261411 23rd Apr 2015 8:22 am
Yanwoo

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Galway Green

I've seen quite a few around. Almost getting common... Laughing

I'm not normally a red car guy, but the firenze red black pack one I saw looked really nice (from the front and sides, anyway...). FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Post #261415 23rd Apr 2015 9:19 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

There's one moved in around here somewhere, and I've seen it a few times now both on the road and parked up in the village. I had wondered if it would look better out in the wild where it would be surrounded by ordinary cars rather than proper Land Rovers, and in one sense it does - from a distance you don't notice it, it just looks like another big estate car, bland and anonymous. Get a bit closer, though, and whilst the front looks good (albeit pure Range Rover) the rear still has that fat ugly a*** and cheap-looking tail lights. It's really not growing on me.

Post #261419 23rd Apr 2015 9:43 am
Dartman the one

England 

One supposes that when driving the car the rear is immaterial, you can't see it Whistle Very Happy my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #261421 23rd Apr 2015 9:53 am
j77

Scotland 

The Discovery Sport is all Land Rover, better ground clearance, yes the Fl2 has better rear ground clearance but it's no good if the front can't clear the obstacle, better wading depth, the steering has been adapted to reduce kick back when going over rough ground. Granted it's angles let it down, but they are pretty much the same as it's bigger brother without using air suspension. I would like to see a pack similar to Jeeps trailhawk for improved of road abilities.

The roofline, whilst not ideal, hasn't caused me any problems, being lower than the Fl2 makes it easier to get heavy items in. I'm not a fan of the recline seating as it prevents a proper flat loadspace.

I had an Evoque loan car, whilst the DS was in getting it's back seats fixed and the DS interior is more LR than RR, it doesn't look like it but it is.

I'll give you the rear lights, they look ok when lit up, but they ain't the prettiest things.

21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #261431 23rd Apr 2015 11:03 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Its growing me, same as the D3 did.

I couldnt afford one of those either when they came out, and now I cant afford the running costs of one Thud

Post #261432 23rd Apr 2015 11:10 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

j77 wrote:
The Discovery Sport is all Land Rover, better ground clearance ...

I was talking about the looks. I've said in other posts that under the skin the DS is a very good car, but looks-wise the front end is all Range Rover and the rear is anonymous estate car - there's nothing about the looks which says Land Rover. For many of us that's a great pity.

As for the lower height making it easier to load heavy items, I guess that depends on how tall you are. The height of the FL2 allows me to load with a straight back, so is better for me. And to load tall items which wouldn't go in the DS.

The DS is a great car spoiled by that sloping roof, c*** looks and fashion pricing.

Post #261436 23rd Apr 2015 11:27 am
j77

Scotland 

Agree on the pricing, it was a bit more expensive than I was hoping and the looks weren't what I was expecting either, but for my uses it's proving a useful tool. Thumbs Up 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #261439 23rd Apr 2015 12:05 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

lol Laughing you have to understand that LR is undertaking a huge model shift in their lineup and has to attract a different clientele off the competitors to survive, similar to Jaguars marketing approach, appealing to new customers. I'm certainly no fan of the DS, I'm trying to like it, but as I'm only 5 months into my ownership of my brand new MY15 FL2 I'm really not trying that hard. BTW I'm ecstatic about the Freelander so far, has surpassed all expectations and for me will always be more individual that the DS which is why I passed and purchased last build FL2. Also really didn't want to be branded with a "7 seater vehicle" and yes I would have as the specification dictated. For resale you would have to appeal to what you Northern Hemisphere dwellers call "Soccer Mums".
But be patient, you only have to look at marques like Mazda SUV range (example only) to name a few to get a clue where LR is heading with their lineup!!!!! And atm are playing catch-up with the market shift! Also, please remember markets such as China, India etc.
And don't be fooled into thinking "Freelander" will never be reborn, maybe not in this decade (its only 5 years), but there is good marketing reasons for this. I'm sure LR will deny! I've spent many years in the manufacturer auto industry, it's standard practice - how much money has been already spent on the name etc! And just to clarify, I'm talking Land Rover not Range Rover. You may see a distancing of the two marques in the future.
Get ready for newer models, one of them will be a Freelander (and very likely smaller!).

Post #261443 23rd Apr 2015 12:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>