Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > filler flap wont unlock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Dave007

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Strange, did the release release switch on the underside of the exterior handle above the number plate not work in this instance? Trying to get my head around why you have to use the fob to open the boot if the car is already unlocked.

Looking at your previous posts, it seems as though you have always used the fob to open the boot which is not necessary. MY2010 TD4 HSE Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, Almond Leather, Lux Pack, Rear Spoiler, Adaptive Xenons

Post #256031 8th Mar 2015 11:17 am
spitfire101

your right ,I have just checked the car and the boot release button doesn't work. I must have bought it without it working and have always just used the fob. that's the reason it wont pop open fully when I press those buttons you mentioned. if I get the boot release button fixed I am sure it will pop open. How do I fix the boot release button BTW ?

Post #256036 8th Mar 2015 11:33 am
Dave007

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic17008.ht...+flap+fuse

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/thumbnails....mp;sort=ta

Both the above links should see you right. I'd personally go with checking Fuse 25 first as it supplies both the fuel flap and the tailgate switch which are both currently duff on your car. MY2010 TD4 HSE Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, Almond Leather, Lux Pack, Rear Spoiler, Adaptive Xenons

Post #256038 8th Mar 2015 11:45 am
spitfire101

Many thanks, I will try the fuse first then

Post #256047 8th Mar 2015 12:49 pm
boatshedgary

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

So.....Did we ever get the answer you originally asked...
I have the same issue, unable to open the fuel filler cap as it is locked, central locking is working fine on all doors and tailgate,
I assume it must be the solenoid ?
Is there a way to open the flap and also any ideas on how to get to the solenoid so I can disable/remove it 2013 FL 2 (TD4) Dynamic.

Post #326362 30th Jun 2017 10:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jimbobaroobob

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Do you still need an answer boatshedgary?
If the actuator has failed in the locked condition you need to remove the rear RH wheel and wheel arch lining, unplug the connector and remove the actuator, this allows the flap to open.
A new part is part number LR006363 and costs £43 from land rover, land rover technical bulletin LTB00292 refers.

Post #328650 7th Aug 2017 6:20 pm
Bumpf

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Indus Silver

Here is a picture of the fuel filler cap surround and locking mechanism part nbr LR006363.
To remove the surround assembly: remove right rear wheel. Remove wheel well lining plastic. Find the 2 tabs holding the housing in at the rear of the car and depress with fingers whilst pulling the housing outwards, rear end first.
To replace just the lock motor: depress the tabs holding it to the surround molding - a twisting action may also work.
Photo shows the lock motor with the cover removed, but the cover then cannot be replaced.
Note that the locking bolt is driven by the motor via gears. The bolt is not a solenoid.
The motor is powered by just two wires. I suspect the driven circuit (at the fuseboard ?) senses a rise in the current when the bolt is driven to one of its extremes and then switches off.

On the Post 2013 models, the fuel filler has its own dedicated fuse F34.

Post #433799 2nd Jul 2023 10:36 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12