« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Service time
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red
Service time

Took the van out of storage for a service today.
 Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #253702 18th Feb 2015 12:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

need to look in to getting mine booked in too

also need to take battery out and top up its charge Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #253703 18th Feb 2015 12:16 pm
DaveS

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Cool, followed by winter caravaning? The best bit when we had 'vans by a long shot, camping yet toasty.

Found a door ding on my car this morning Sad how do feel about your door rubbing strips? Nice fit? Does the black bother you against the red? SD4 HSE Lux
Yeti 170 DSG L&K
Freelander 1 Td4 Overlander

Past: Freelander Metropolis, D3, D3, D2, Series 3, Series 3, Freelander 1 (still have this one bought new, the Monte Carlo blue kid)

Post #253704 18th Feb 2015 12:18 pm
EYorkshire

Mine will be pulled out in a few weeks for its first service, car will be having an early second service, all in readiness for 6 weeks to Croatia in May. Very Happy

Post #253707 18th Feb 2015 12:27 pm
Purplemadboy

Hi daves , we used to winter caravan , the coldest we had was about minus 20 for a few nights , van didn't heat up that great ( wasn't this van) .
I like the door strips being black , it matches the rest of the van plus if someone does bang against them they don't discolour or chip. Dealer fitted them when I bought the car. The front doors are protected for opening the door against a wall or something like that but the back door doesn't have the same protection, the strip doesn't go all the way to the end of the door. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #253709 18th Feb 2015 12:29 pm
Purplemadboy

EYorkshire wrote:
Mine will be pulled out in a few weeks for its first service, car will be having an early second service, all in readiness for 6 weeks to Croatia in May. Very Happy

Exciting stuff going to Croatia , have you been before? Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #253710 18th Feb 2015 12:30 pm
EYorkshire

No, first time across the water was last year touring France for 4 weeks, so decided to go a little further this year but also staying a while in Austria.

Post #253711 18th Feb 2015 12:32 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Croatia, particularly the coastal and mountain ranges are specatular, although the last time I was there we werent exactly looking at the scenery unless there were lots and lots of strange mole hills Whistle

Post #253718 18th Feb 2015 12:58 pm
Purplemadboy

What route are you taking EY? If it was me I would take the ferry from hull to zeebruge , drive through Belgium then drop into Luxembourg . No tolls , easy roads and cheap fuel in Luxembourg (if you can miss the massive Q's on the motorway service station.
I've taken the van a few times to France and once to Holland . Holland was our first trip , road signs where useless . Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #253732 18th Feb 2015 2:26 pm
ad210358

England 

EYorkshire wrote:

And where will you end up Dave, last year you was trying France, just into Normandy you said, then I get emails saying your down below The Loire and heading over to Geneva, will await details of Bulgaria this time Wink p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #253784 18th Feb 2015 9:05 pm
EYorkshire

@Purplemadboy, we are taking our dog and less stressfull is the tunnel for her, tugging down to Folkestone and stopping a couple of nights then tunnel to Calais, north into Belgium, Ghent, Brussels and a stop near Liege then into Germany heading down towards Munich.

@Andy, Free spirit and loving the freedom of not having a time limit Wink Who knows where we might end up, might slip into Romania and see Alex Laughing retirement is good especially when financially sound, this is what I worked for. Thumbs Up

Tunnels booked, Red Pennant breakdown/insurance and dog repatriation done and no site bookings, in May/June we can drive as far as we want and just turn up at a site knowing there will always be room, getting adventurous in old age Whistle

Last edited by EYorkshire on 19th Feb 2015 12:38 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #253825 19th Feb 2015 12:12 am
DaveS

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Purplemadboy wrote:
Hi daves , we used to winter caravan , the coldest we had was about minus 20 for a few nights , van didn't heat up that great ( wasn't this van) .
I like the door strips being black , it matches the rest of the van plus if someone does bang against them they don't discolour or chip. Dealer fitted them when I bought the car. The front doors are protected for opening the door against a wall or something like that but the back door doesn't have the same protection, the strip doesn't go all the way to the end of the door.

Shame about the old van, at least the insulation on your current one is top notch. Thanks for the side strip opinion and advice - have ordered, at £150 its less than one trip to have dents removed Thumbs Up SD4 HSE Lux
Yeti 170 DSG L&K
Freelander 1 Td4 Overlander

Past: Freelander Metropolis, D3, D3, D2, Series 3, Series 3, Freelander 1 (still have this one bought new, the Monte Carlo blue kid)

Post #253826 19th Feb 2015 12:33 am
Purplemadboy

EY I didn't know you had a dog. Your doing the right thing by doing the tunnel. We have a very old cat (21 & 7 months) who isn't doing very good at the moment , I'm scared that the time is drawing near that I will have to take her to the vets. Anyway we did the hull route a few years ago and she was allowed to stay in the caravan which we where happy for even tho we had paid for a kennel. When we docked at zeebruge it was a nightmare tying to get a hold of her , she was terrified with all the banging and clucking that goes on in the car deck. We said that when we go back to France it would be on the tunnel even tho we we in Hamilton the longer journey would be worth it for the cat. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #253831 19th Feb 2015 6:23 am
EYorkshire

You do right Thumbs Up We made our choice to have her so we do what we hope is best for her.
BTW, its her digging up stones in my avatar. Smile

Post #253842 19th Feb 2015 10:09 am
Purplemadboy

Oops .. Never put 2 & 2 together there Whistle .. As we say in jock land .. Braw lookin dug .. Translation .. Beautiful looking dog Thumbs Up Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #253846 19th Feb 2015 10:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>