Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Can't believe the incompetent stupidity!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 
Can't believe the incompetent stupidity!!!!

I really can't believe the stupidity of the Dealer I have been liaising with for my new FL2 Evil or Very Mad

After spending quite some time in the showroom trying unsuccessfully to negotiate a deal, they rang me last week one evening to say that they had a special offer for me, a brand new TD4 S Auto for £260 p/month with a £3k deposit but they needed a decision that day as rates were changing from July 1st. Sounded too good to be true so checked and double checked, they confirmed it all verbally and I placed an order and gave them a deposit over the phone there and then.

They rang me today to arrange delivery/handover and said there was a 'minor problem' with the figures. The business manager then spoke to me and said he had cocked up the figures and had forgotton to include the part/ex balance Rolling Eyes

As a result they now want me to pay an extra £125 per month Big Cry

Post #23540 3rd Jul 2008 4:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Oh dear bad news......not quite.

The sale price that was advertised to you is the price you pay, from memory I think it's covered under the trade description act.

I had a similar experience with a major motor dealer in Turriff. I was browsing their website when I noticed a nice motor that was advertised well below book price, as I had seen it at the advertised price they were obliged to sell it to me at the advertised price. There was no way they could legally get out of it.

Have a word with your local CAB office and see what they say. And if you live in Scotland verbal is as good as written when it comes to a court case.

Keep us posted.

Post #23545 3rd Jul 2008 4:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

what a set of Censored Shocked

It sounds like they have not included the outstanding balance from the trade in from what your saying

I honestly don't know how you stand with it been a verbal quote, but do your best to hold them to it which I think you struggle with TBH.

If the extra figure is viable, get them to rework the figures giving you the very lowest rate they can offer and writting off commission/profit etc, and throw in free services for the equivilent extra outlay your going to have to live with. Worth a try Question

If you have ordered the car they'll have to pay LR for the car now as it common pratice to pay for them this way especially if the car has been registered with the DVLA in your name (it's no longer a new car) with it been so close to the collection date. This will give you a strong bargining point. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23546 3rd Jul 2008 4:43 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

I have no legal come-back as I was only given a verbal monthly repayment cost (based in England). The price of the car hasn't actually changed, they just miscalculated the monthly payment. It was all verbal, if I had a written contract I could take action but think I am stuffed.

They have offered me an ex-demo GS Auto which is £50 per month less (but still more than I was quoted), considering it but will be pressing for loads of freebies to be thrown in.

Post #23549 3rd Jul 2008 4:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Name and shame and look at other dealers Confused

I think AM at York had some deals written on the windows of a couple of FL2 in their showroom, not sure which models though and the actual cost

You could look for a ex demo, low milage Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23553 3rd Jul 2008 4:57 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

It's funny how these things never work in our favour isn't it?

Imagine the dealer phoning and saying "Oh we made a cock up with the fogures but guess what? It means you are £125 a month better off! Not bad eh!"

Yeah right Rolling Eyes

Post #23566 3rd Jul 2008 8:28 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Nothing, will ever surprise me about the incompetence of dealers.

Treat 'em like idiots from the outset, you wont be dissapointed.

Worst incompetence I've ever encountered in a dealer was buying the current car from a well know LR dealer in Stockport.

If there are any good guys reading then I'm sorry but in my book you're all tared with the same brush until you prove otherwise. Bitter .... me .... no ..no ... no ... no .... YES

Post #23577 3rd Jul 2008 10:07 pm
muddywheels

England 

A friend just had a similer experience with BMW/Mini Evil or Very Mad

The vehicle was registered and ready for collection when the dealer told them they had made a mistake - so they walked away and the dealer reluctantly honoured the deal Thumbs Up

I might be wrong but I thought all finance quotes have to be in writing now - possible misselling case Exclamation

Post #23609 4th Jul 2008 11:23 am
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Unless they honoured the original deal offered to me I would be extremely reluctant to continue dealing with them.
Tell them to honour the deal or look elsewhere Mad

I hope you get it sorted. The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #23610 4th Jul 2008 11:37 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Not quite the same maybe but....
I was offered a very good price for my HSE which according to the stealer and paperwork was not fitted with the particle filter. Just before I should take delivery I was informed that it had in fact a factory fitted particle filter, which would increase the sale price by ca. £500 and I was asked to meet them half way Shocked
I of course refused and they had to accept - so I got an even better deal Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23616 4th Jul 2008 12:10 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Avtur, yes there are good guys reading this! Rolling Eyes

Cotefarmboy - if you want to scan and email me the order form then I will see if we can get anywhere close for you.

I can understand your fustration, and I think perhaps the emphasis was a little too much on registering the vehicle before the end of the month to qualify for the deal and not enough on getting the order form and paperwork right for you.

Hopefully you can resolve it, but if not then I'm glad to see what we can do.

James Thumbs Up

Post #23619 4th Jul 2008 12:51 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Thanks James

Never got an order form as it was all done over the phone. Went back in this morning and they can't honour the deal as they missed £5k from the figures Rolling Eyes

Looking at alternatives as we speak.

Post #23621 4th Jul 2008 1:36 pm
Lookers Park Royal

As there was no order then they can't keep a deposit (if given)! If you wnat to give me the full details inc PX then I'll have a look at it for you.

James Thumbs Up

Post #23622 4th Jul 2008 2:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1