Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame
Disco Sport BNE Preview

Got this information in an email today:

Quote:
There will be two Discovery Sport models on show at King George Square, Brisbane from Thursday January 22 to Sunday January 25. From 8:00am to 6:00pm all 4 days. You’re invited to get up-close and personal with the newest member of the Discovery family, and explore the spirit of adventure which has inspired the Discovery Sport.

http://emailmarketing.webqem.com/t/ViewEma...7C784BD83B 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #249009 16th Jan 2015 6:58 am
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I went and took a look in King George Square today. Unfortunately, it was raining a bit so didn't get to hang around too much. There were a couple of generic Land Rover folks there (from Sydney I believe) who knew a fair bit about the model. They seemed surprised to learn that there was a FL2 forum around though!!!

They had an SE model (the rusty coloured one) with a couple of obvious options added (big black wheels, memory seats, third row seating, black roof pack (which adds the panoramic roof) and privacy glass).

They also had a HSE Luxury (the silver coloured one) with a couple of options too (third row seating, panoramic roof).

I took a quick seat in the SE model. It was quite nice. Maybe felt a little simpler inside than the 07 model FL2 I currently drive, though there was no power to the vehicles to play with the toys. I missed the arm-rests, even with the centre cubby box thingo. At 6'2" (and with spikey hair) my hair was touching the roof-line. I couldn't see if the seat would adjust down due to the lack of power (maybe time for a hair cut). The seating didn't feel that much lower than the FL2 though for the 60 seconds I were sat there.

They also had some gimmicks on display, some surf board thing to demonstrate stability and a bike thing to demonstrate power or something. I didn't realise that you could buy Land Rover mountain bikes.

They offered me a chat with one of two dealers that were there but I told them best not until I have spoken to the wife. I don't intend to buy in the immediate future to be honest. 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #249935 23rd Jan 2015 11:36 am
c_r_a_i_g

Australia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
and finally in perth

from 24.02.15 - 28.02.15

Post #253184 15th Feb 2015 3:19 am
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

I'm not at all tempted to buy one of those. Or an Evoque either. Does that make me out of touch with the latest fashion?

Post #253519 17th Feb 2015 10:00 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Saw one on Friday, HSE luxury and regrettably was disappointing but happy with a decision to buy one of the last build Freelanders. I'm sure they sell well but obviously going for volume family market. Was disappointing with all plastic door cards and generic dash design and didn't seem to have same solid build as Freelander. No spare or space saver if no rear seat optioned bit of a trade off and definitely aiming towards less off-road focus. Everything seems to be an option. Also as an owner of both FL1 and now Freelander 2 the leap forward from FL1 to 2 was HUGE! I'm afraid FL2 to Discovery Sport more like sideways Botox. Ouch!

Post #254194 21st Feb 2015 10:00 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1