Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > Personal number transfer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Chris B

United Kingdom 

Dealer transfer worked for me. I think it is questions to ask "how often do you do this? Can I drive my car on my own plate and then drive the new one away on my plate?" It worked for me at Ripon Land Rover the last two cars 2008 and 2013. Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #251009 29th Jan 2015 10:40 pm
chalkey

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I changed my car in December the dealer sorted the transfer with the Dvla, it took a couple of weeks after paying my deposit for the car. Drove up to Kendal left my old car with plate on, picked up new car with new plates made up, paid the balance job done. Thumbs Up I've done this several times and I wouldn't pick the car up if the transfer wasn't completed I would hate to lose my number plate.

Had a mate a few years back and he partxed his car and the dealer sold it on with his plates on, he got them back but with a lot of hassle. I would let the dealer do it and pick the car up when all completed may take a week longer but wearth it. 2013 hse auto, black, almond leather, exnon lights, factory privacy glass, exhaust finisher, rear boot spoiler, mud flaps. Body door side moulding and steps.

Gone and fondly remembered
2012 XS (2013 up-grade LED lights front & rear)
2007 hse (2011 facelift)

Post #251012 29th Jan 2015 11:41 pm
Gordo

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

The transfer and retention scheme has changed recently, and the retention period is now ten years. You also don't need to submit your MOT certificate as it's all done electronically now, and can be re-confirmed online.

But you do need the V5C documents (or V62 and new keeper slip) for both vehicles, and send them off to DVLA.

Full details and form: https://www.gov.uk/transferring-vehicle-re...-form-v317 Gordon

Land Rover Defender XS Td5 DC | Argocat Magnum 8x8 | Land Rover Freelander 2 XS TD4

Post #259968 9th Apr 2015 12:50 pm
mudslinger

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black

Tractors don,t have reg plates at least all the one I have seen.....
(lights mirrors or anything else that,s legal ) Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wales
Were the mud is thicker, and the ruts are deeper.
(And we have the water to wash it off, and more on the way..! )
Sd4 and chrome Ar*e piece, Auto box for best fun
09 Xs Gone
12 xs Gone
HSE with Leather seats and 4 years warrenty.. staying for now !

Post #260052 10th Apr 2015 5:49 am
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

Did it myself recently, sent all paperwork off togeather, best thing is to keep an eye on the DVLA vehicle check site as the transfer often takes place before you get your documents back. Yawn

Post #264007 17th May 2015 1:18 pm
Mikeysmummy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

True, I kept checking my private plate online via the government website and when it showed up with the details of the car it was being swapped over to, I knew it was time to change my plates over. It was another 3 days before I received the new V5 document. The good thing is that the cost is now only £80 instead of the £105 it used to cost to retain a cherished plate and it can be done online and in real time now. The dealer did it for me last time, but I will be doing it myself from now on. Smile Paula.

Post #264010 17th May 2015 2:23 pm
Sand Ranger

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Just changed my FL with cherished plates, dealer made an utter hash. As they offered to pay had to stick with it.
Fortunately my insurance company were friendly enough to change reg details on just a call without charge.
Important to ensure correct reg is logged and timing of changing plates especially with apnr about. Freelander 2 XS+ TD4 Manual, Stornoway Grey
Freelander 2 GL Manual 2012,

Post #265080 28th May 2015 7:20 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12