Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Larger profile roof spoiler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

Interesting that you have one brass torx screw for the bracket and the LR one I have just bought has two. Glad it came off without too much bother though.

Post #248470 10th Jan 2015 9:14 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Cheers Ron Laughing cars not booked into the bodyshop yet as wanted to have the stock spoiler removed prior to booking her in.
Aero I have two torx screws one on either side to my surprise it was much easier to get the spoiler off than I had imagined but having an extra pair of hands helped Very Happy MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #248584 11th Jan 2015 8:56 pm
ad210358

England 

Aero_383 wrote:
Interesting that you have one brass torx screw for the bracket and the LR one I have just bought has two. Glad it came off without too much bother though.

Think the early ones had a two screw fixing with a metal bracket, the later ones came with one and a plastic bracket, or at least the 07 one I had did and the 11 plate one was plastic.

Post #248588 11th Jan 2015 9:08 pm
LR NUT

Update.... shes booked into to the bodyshop on the 6th April and will be staying the night Laughing MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #250497 26th Jan 2015 2:05 pm
LR NUT

Popped in past the bodyshop on the way home and the spoiler is looking nice! It's a bit dusty the bodyshop did say they will give it a clean and a polish once fitted. The guys kindly unwrapped it for me and this is the first time I have actually seen it painted! Tbh it just looks like a OEM spoiler but larger which is the look I was after Very Happy Cars booked in the for 6th April to have it fitted and will most likely be kept in overnight as its approximately the weight of 4 spoilers! Will certainly keep the rear down nicely on country roads Thumbs Up

Top side of the spoiler

Bottom side of the spoiler

Side on

Comparison...

Factory fitted spoiler

Custom spoiler

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #257580 20th Mar 2015 7:04 pm
LR NUT

Well the days finally arrived! 8am on the dot she was dropped off at the bodyshop

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #259601 6th Apr 2015 9:06 am
taztastic

England 

Top,work Ed, looking forward to seeing your car fitted to the spoiler Thumbs Up

Post #259604 6th Apr 2015 9:20 am
LR NUT

My mate works across from the bodyshop and he managed to get a shot of it whilst it was sitting outside. My inital feeling is that its a bit big and possibly a bit high but I guess that will assist creating some downforce. When I pick the car up I will get a better look and it may look ok with the 22's. As promised here is a photo. Worst case I can always take it off and replace it with the genuine item!

This is the thing with custom fabrication it's really stepping into unknown terrority ...

Post #259680 6th Apr 2015 9:01 pm
taztastic

England 

Hmm Confused That's bigger than expected, although it's from a strange angle. Take dome more and let's have a look, I'm wondering if more wraparound like the Evoque spoilers would help?

Post #259681 6th Apr 2015 9:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I suppose you could always do your ironing on it Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #259684 6th Apr 2015 9:37 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

LRNUT, Can I ask what brand window wind deflectors you have fitted? Any good, recommended? Thxs mate👍
Spoiler looks good, pic from rear?

Post #259695 7th Apr 2015 4:34 am
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Ed, I think you are the only one who will know that it suits your car or not as we all have different tastes, I admire the fact that you do what you want to do and are not afraid to give things a try. Looking forward to more pics Thumbs Up

Post #259697 7th Apr 2015 6:31 am
ronp

Scotland 

From that pic it does look a little larger than I thought it would.

But as said, get a few more pics posted from different angles once you collect it.

Post #259709 7th Apr 2015 9:03 am
LR NUT

Still not got the car back yet but my mate did get a few other shots.

Post #259726 7th Apr 2015 1:42 pm
LR NUT

Stuartc wrote:
LRNUT, Can I ask what brand window wind deflectors you have fitted? Any good, recommended? Thxs mate👍
Spoiler looks good, pic from rear?

Stuart the bonnet guard was a genuine item from an LR dealer in Australia and is made by EGR. They are market specific also to the USA and to the Middle East! They are manufactured in Australia and then distributed to specific regions. However there are copies around but I choose the genuine option as the guard will be a lot tougher. If you were to walk into a dealer is the states and Australia you will get the bonnet guard with the Land Rover badge across the bonnet if it's for a RR,RRS,D3/D4. I really don't understand why the did not offer them here as an option.

The bonnet guard approximately worked out at 200 Aussie dollars which at them time worked out at a tad over £100 the deflectors are the stick on type also made by EGR who manufacturer LRs current range of wind deflectors for the RRS, Full Fat and Disco! Only difference is the ones that they supply direct to LR are stamped LR and come in a clear/light smoke finish! EGR are allowed to sell them under their own name, providing they remove the LR stamped logo which they replace with their own identity EGR. Personally I prefer their version in a dark smoke finish! However you will possibly find dark smoke ones in your neck of the woods. The bonnet guard and wind deflectors were purchased as a full set as part of the exterior styling at the time offered in Aus.

As regards to practicality they are fabulous for demisting the car and letting in cool air. You can get in channel ones but I personally would never want to risk damaging the windows regulators/seals. JLR only offer the stick on type and that's properly for a good reason. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #259729 7th Apr 2015 2:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>