Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > Landrover Insurance - Having A Bit Of A Laugh!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Landrover Insurance - Having A Bit Of A Laugh!!

When I had my 2.0Si4 Dynamic Lux Evoque & my Pure Tech Evoque I used Land Rover Insurance though oddly everytime I either contacted them for/or they sent me/or I did a quote online it differed from the previous one even if I did it an hour later lol.
IIRC the Si4 initially was over £900 but ended up being around the £600 mark & the Pure Tech manual was £525 on renewal in March this year.

When I collected my Metropolis from Ascot the salesman asked if I could provide my insurance details so I said just do me the complementary 7 day free cover then I can sort thereafter. This automatically generates an annual quote. The Evoque being in real terms a more desirable/fashionable/steal-able & more expensive I guessed the FL2 would be cheaper but the quote I got back was £775 so I said to the salesman Oh well I won't be using them then. Oddly I got a quote emailed to me a day or so later & that was the same.
At the end of the 7 days I had no contact from them to see if I wished to continue with them which I thought was a bit odd given I was a previous customer so I put the car on my Trade Road Risks policy. Anyway yesterday I thought I would give LR Insurance a call. I told him of the silly quote I got at the end of October, he checked my details were correct & then gave me a new quote = £1350.oo Shocked Couldn't believe what I heard & said to him what planet do you guys get your quotes from. I said I had thought given my age & full no claims etc £350 to £400 would be acceptable so lose the 1. I may do an online quote for a laugh today & see what that reads. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #244380 10th Dec 2014 9:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bbrap

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

wow, that is steep. I went via the meercat site. Me and wife to drive, both full ncb, no convictions, came out at £202 fully comp with Post office insurance. Car garaged and we live in the sticks. At least another 10 providers came in within £30 of that figure. PS. Anyone want one of those meercat toys? Razz FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #244382 10th Dec 2014 9:21 am
The Valeter

Just did the online quote with a supposed 10% discount @ £1119.oo.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #244383 10th Dec 2014 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Legoman

United Kingdom 

Reminds

Last edited by Legoman on 3rd Jan 2015 4:14 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #244390 10th Dec 2014 9:56 am
The Valeter

Just went on Go-Compare & ALLIANZ came out at £261.oo. A bit of a difference. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #244391 10th Dec 2014 10:09 am
Dreamer

United Kingdom 

Yes when I got my FL2 their(JLR) quote for me was rather steep.

Post #244393 10th Dec 2014 11:23 am
Spoke

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Fuji White

Land Rover Insurance refused to cover my wife as she is an author - never realised that was a high risk profession!

Post #244396 10th Dec 2014 12:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

yes but Authors, hang round with other authors and what if your wife had a accident and then the next Harry Potter book couldn't be written as her passenger sued your wife, or is that pro-footballers Wink

or

the fact Authors drive to secluded spot, spin the cars off on snow covered roads, get the ankle smashed with sledge hammers and type writters thrown about Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #244401 10th Dec 2014 1:11 pm
Spoke

Maybe they think she would write while driving...

Post #244406 10th Dec 2014 1:46 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

strange isn't it, my reasoning about is correct for celebrities and other professional as it was how the company with the red phone worked when i was there, the risk to them is greater, for a comp claim if injured in the car etc

Never came across a author so don't recall their reasoning behind why they would decline, did you ask Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #244425 10th Dec 2014 2:48 pm
Spoke

The person I spoke to had no idea, the edict just came from the underwriting team. Maybe one of the underwriters is a frustrated author and wanted to get their own back.

Post #244427 10th Dec 2014 2:53 pm
ad210358

England 

bbrap wrote:
Car garaged and we live in the sticks. Razz

Next time try it being on the drive, a lot of insurance companies class garaged as a bigger risk.

Post #244441 10th Dec 2014 5:45 pm
bbrap

Makes you wonder about insurance companies. I would assume that a garaged car would be far safer. Unless you damage it getting it in there how can it be higher risk. Can't see a tile blowing off the house roof, or a falling tree branch, or kids crashing into it with their bikes, or someone throwing stones etc etc. Plus it would be protected from frost damage, or hailstones, the list goes on. FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #244449 10th Dec 2014 6:13 pm
ad210358

England 

It seems it is down to what you can also keep in a garage, tin of paint falls off the shelf on to the bonnet, squeezing past and you trip with a screwdriver in your hand. All sorts of things can happen, it's all based on risks.

Post #244451 10th Dec 2014 6:25 pm
bbrap

I see your point, maybe they should take a closer look at the owners before setting premiums. I know people I would not trust with rubber scissors. FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #244455 10th Dec 2014 6:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>