« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Before my LR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
minidj

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey
Before my LR

Before i became a family man and needed a family car that could also be used for some kind of driving hobby inused to own this nice honda integra type r. So thought i would share some pics with you of it parting in my first petrol head passion hobby. Not the most powerful or fastest reasonably priced performance car in its class but cornered better than any ford or scooby and the absolute best thing about these cars and engines is i could drive it to a track, screw the nuts off it at 9000rpm all day long and then drive it home again and then to work and back everyday and it never once missed or beat or like many a scooby on atrackday never ended the day in a cloud of steam.

Hope to get another track capable toy at some point but for now 4wd and dirty tyres sounds like fun.

Anyway here a couple of my fav pics

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Nice hard stamp on the brakes

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #243821 6th Dec 2014 3:23 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

looks like a lot of fun, I would love to try that in my MX5 but it must be hard on the car ?

my daughter gave me a Silverstone day as a birthday present, looking forward to it.

Iain

Post #243914 7th Dec 2014 11:12 am
minidj

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

It really is lots of fun and once you get the taste for the adrenaline it can be a bit addictive too and an expensive addiction at that lol. I did a single seater experience at silverstone earlier this year it was really good, well run and lots of fun.

As for track days in your own car, they are obviously harder on your car than road driving but if you think about it most manufactures spend hundreds of hours on track with their sports car models to make sure they handle right and are reliable when driven hard. So they can take a bit of punishment. I had that car for about 4years and must have done 15 trackdays in it as well as the odd spirited day out and only even needed to replace consumables. So brakes, fluids and lubricants, tyres and once i had to replace the clutch. If your car is well serviced and maintained and you drive with a bit of mechanical sympathy (so heel toe downshifts and a smooth driving style and gear changes) your car should be more than capable.

Post #243977 7th Dec 2014 5:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1