Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My Proudly South African Freelander 2 - work in progress...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
douglash

South Africa 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

ARYNV wrote:
Hi Doug,

I own exactly same car as yours in Melbourne, need tyres change and saw your photos and replies ...good work!!

I need some help I want ATR's looking to get coopers zeon ltz 255 55 r19 on my FL2. It had factory 23 55 r19.

my question is, 255 55 r19 not going to look too big and sticking put and also do i need to do speedo fixed etc?

i dont mind going 18 inches to get better performance etc.

i am really serious to get ATR 255 55 r19, any assistance recommendations from the forum will be highly appreciated!!

thanks

Hey bud, thanks ... as for the Zeon's, good choice... I would have got those if I didn't find a good 2nd hand set of Pirelli ATR's for an absolute bargain. They are not too big at all and in fact 255/55/19 fills the arches and the body line quite nicely... I sometimes with the MTR's in 245/70/17 would fit flush with the body..

As for the speedo, 255/55/19 is basically bringing the speedo inline and making it more accurate. checkout this link (half way down the page) to enter your current dimensions and get the rolling circumference difference and you will see how much your speedo will be out.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

Very helpful.. if you could go 18's, then your MTR options open up a bit more and you can find MTR's in 18's, albeit it very slim options.

Keep us posted.. have you started a thread with your car n it yet, if yes, where's the link? if not, why not? Smile

Post #251711 4th Feb 2015 9:29 am
ARYNV

Australia 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Fuji White

thanks mate, i was the reader only for a while and decided to create a profile today. I will create a link for sure with photos as soon as i get new tyres fitted...been looking for a while.

i also changed brake pads.. cost me under $300 for all 4 original LR pads DIY hehe was a very easy job... was quoted $1600 by the dealer what a rip off!! and did another 15000ks with no problems Smile

Post #251713 4th Feb 2015 9:48 am
douglash

I've gotta do my last service under motorplan within the next few days so they should do brakes, etc. for me then also.. then i'm on my own to DIY certain things..

Post #251715 4th Feb 2015 9:51 am
ARYNV

you not wrong, it a good car but expensive to maintain:) my car still under warranty till oct 2015..i might renew it for another 2 years for $2500..not sure.

Your MTR looks cool!! i wish i can get those but then need new wheels and spend more money. may be next one ..will see how i go with 255 55 r19.

hey i checked the link and i am out by 66.35 diff in circumference and 2.97%..which means when speedo reads 70 i am travelling 72.08...not bad!...not sure if its legal Sad

Post #251717 4th Feb 2015 10:07 am
douglash

it might show 3% difference on calculation, but speed normally overreads anyhow so it actually brings it back inline mostly..

Post #251719 4th Feb 2015 10:09 am
ARYNV

thanks mate, i will call landrover to check warranty issue with higher wheels and definitely getting it sure over the weekend if there is a stock.

will post photos Smile

Post #251720 4th Feb 2015 10:17 am
douglash

awesome Smile

Post #251721 4th Feb 2015 10:18 am
douglash

Some more pics of our offroad fun this past weekend... Smile Please go here to check them out.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showpo...stcount=76

It was 2 Discovery 2 GS's, a Ford Ranger T6 and myself.

There is also a thread here if you would like to view other Freelanders and what we use them for Smile

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=195254

Enjoy Smile

Post #256239 10th Mar 2015 7:39 am
Tarrel

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Fuji White

Hey Douglash, could you tell us how you're getting on with the Frontrunner roof rack? I'm considering getting one rather than roof rails. Specifically:

1. Does it add appreciably to noise?

2. Can it be removed without leaving a "scar"? (I understand it fits into the roff-rail fixing holes?)

Great pics of the off-roading in SA. Bow down I saw a FL2 happily negotiating the track to Third Bridge in Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana. That's what switched me on to the model.

Cheers

Tarrel

Post #268400 30th Jun 2015 9:40 pm
cqr

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

douglash wrote:
Some more pics of our offroad fun this past weekend... Smile Please go here to check them out.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showpo...stcount=76

It was 2 Discovery 2 GS's, a Ford Ranger T6 and myself.

There is also a thread here if you would like to view other Freelanders and what we use them for Smile

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=195254

Enjoy Smile

Some good photos, looks great fun 👍👍 2008 xs
Snorkel
raised axle/gearbox breathers
Mantec tank guard
Cb radio
Blanked EGR
Sump guard
Scratches
Snolkle

Post #268405 30th Jun 2015 10:00 pm
douglash

Tarrel wrote:
Hey Douglash, could you tell us how you're getting on with the Frontrunner roof rack? I'm considering getting one rather than roof rails. Specifically:

1. Does it add appreciably to noise?

2. Can it be removed without leaving a "scar"? (I understand it fits into the roff-rail fixing holes?)

Great pics of the off-roading in SA. Bow down I saw a FL2 happily negotiating the track to Third Bridge in Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana. That's what switched me on to the model.

Cheers

Tarrel

Hey Tarrel, Apologies for delay in reply.

1. It does add a bit to the wind noise, but if you have MT tyres, you get used to it and turn the radio up Smile

2. It can be removed without scars, if you don't snap the bolt in the car roof like I did mine Sad had the guys who fitted it originally refit by using a heli-coil to remove the snapped off bolt and refit.

I'm currently having the roofrack refitted as we speak as I had to take it off earlier in the year, now will need it again. Also having the spacers from JJJ fitted also, can't wait to see the results Smile My Ride: Clickety-click

Post #271233 31st Jul 2015 7:26 am
douglash

Sooooo... Major update to the Freelander 2.

It's gone. Traded in on a Disco4 2010 V8 HSE spec.

I'm going to miss the LR2, but man oh man, the Disco4 is something to behold!! My Ride: Clickety-click

Post #321134 10th Apr 2017 1:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234