« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > I need your advice.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 
I need your advice.

Hi all. I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision for me.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my Freelander which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed some rust starting around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

Cheers

Steve

Post #236358 29th Sep 2014 8:16 pm
homer s

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #236361 29th Sep 2014 8:28 pm
taztastic

England 

Steve, you need to consider your options and more importantly your next move very carefully.
Have you any idea how long this has gone on for and how far it has gone?

Clandestine trips down country lanes followed by a hasty wash to remove the evidence will leave evidence behind and is a starting point for when it may have started and an indication of the problem that lies ahead.
You do need to confront the situation head on and act as soon as possible, with the nights drawing in and weather turning worse, time is of the essence.

I feel for you and you must be gutted, keep your chin up and I am sure all will be well with a little TLC Thumbs Up

Post #236364 29th Sep 2014 8:34 pm
leesbay

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Bow down - FL2 3.2 i6 - There is no Replacement for Displacement

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what I told her I paid for it, there will be some bargains out there!

Post #236368 29th Sep 2014 8:40 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

If you need legal advice, let me know. Separating can be difficult and the fallout immense. We have to consider the children (if any) and also the family home. So much ill feeling and stress at times like this which is why separationlawyers4u can help.

If you go down the road of separation, it's goodbye old model and potentially hello new model but I understand that the rust is possibly a step too far. Once proceedings are underway, give thought to who will have custody of the Freel2.com stickers. Will they stay with your ex or stay with you and the new model?

Of course, if you wish to repair the damage that has been done, consider the emotional strain. The repair work may take months to do properly and you certainly want to avoid any cowboys getting involved to ruin the relationship for good. The cost implications alone could impact the family home. Think of the impact on the alcohol purchases as income is affected.

Think on this carefully. My fees are £200 per hour +VAT.

Call 0600 666 666 that's 0600 666 666 and let us handle the crisis LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #236372 29th Sep 2014 9:04 pm
ghawk2005

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

hahah blatant self advertisement, £200 an hour for a rust lawyer? what a rip off!! hehehe

Post #236393 29th Sep 2014 11:09 pm
taztastic

England 

He promised a donation so we let him Laughing

Post #236402 30th Sep 2014 7:39 am
mudslinger

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black

That,s cheaper than the local body repair shop ... snap his hand of.. (must be mates rates ). Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wales
Were the mud is thicker, and the ruts are deeper.
(And we have the water to wash it off, and more on the way..! )
Sd4 and chrome Ar*e piece, Auto box for best fun
09 Xs Gone
12 xs Gone
HSE with Leather seats and 4 years warrenty.. staying for now !

Post #236407 30th Sep 2014 9:20 am
ad210358

England 

The Doctor wrote:
If you need legal advice, let me know. Separating can be difficult and the fallout immense. We have to consider the children (if any) and also the family home. So much ill feeling and stress at times like this which is why separationlawyers4u can help.

If you go down the road of separation, it's goodbye old model and potentially hello new model but I understand that the rust is possibly a step too far. Once proceedings are underway, give thought to who will have custody of the Freel2.com stickers. Will they stay with your ex or stay with you and the new model?

Of course, if you wish to repair the damage that has been done, consider the emotional strain. The repair work may take months to do properly and you certainly want to avoid any cowboys getting involved to ruin the relationship for good. The cost implications alone could impact the family home. Think of the impact on the alcohol purchases as income is affected.

Think on this carefully. My fees are £200 per hour +VAT.

Call 0600 666 666 that's 0600 666 666 and let us handle the crisis

He needs a quote possibly from a Body Shop, since when has a Solicitor been able to do spray jobs Shocked Whistle

Post #236477 30th Sep 2014 9:51 pm
taztastic

England 

They're very good at covering things up without a trace Whistle

Post #236480 30th Sep 2014 9:58 pm
Tradewind 35

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Steve as an enlightened guy I got to say that you are the one at fault here. You should have considered her situation and needs not just focused on your own selfishness. If you had been a better man none of this might ever have happened and you would not have been looking at all these huge fees for legal advice from quacks (and that Doctor chappie), to say nothing of time frittered away on t'internet.
Have you been totally loyal to her yourself? Perhaps you have been fondling some other man's treasure and neglecting your own- its so risky - the slightest touch or glance can start the rot.
Why did you not look after her properly and tend to her every need? I bet you never even tucked her in at night. Even if she was mucky you should have been at her in all weathers - fettling, buffing and grooming her flanks, spoiling her, spending money on her, in short being a real Landy man not acting like some dandy BMW fancier.
What to do? Well for a start you should rush out and buy her some new expensive presents (perhaps even a full service) and then book her a nice holiday (a few days at a 4 x 4 Experience centre might do).
And lastly, give her some respect man - she is a she, not an "it". How do you expect to have a deep and meaningful relationship with an "it"?
I can see you have a lot to learn about running one of these models but she is worth it.

Post #236496 1st Oct 2014 12:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1