Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Scumbags!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

ChrisSoutham wrote:
I must admit I reversed out of my drive a year or so again and whilst turning, ran the wheel arch against the front (plastic) bumper of my neighbour's van.
Completely creased the wing on the nearside around the wheel arch, didn't leave a mark on his van at all.

I'm surprised how much damage I did... to my own car!

I did the same with this car, after pitching my caravan I drove out and reversed to the side of it but the nearside wing met the site lighting bollard Shocked and creased it right in. Cost me just under £600 for a new wing and spray job. Damage to the post was minus a bit of white paint so I forgot to tell the Caravan Club Whistle

Post #232716 25th Aug 2014 3:33 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I had a dent in my bonnet - courtesy of LANDROVER!!!!!

Took it in for a service on a Friday morning - lashing down when I arrived, picked it up Friday evening in the rush hour and headed off home. Next morning I noticed a dent in the bonnet as though someone had leaned on it. I headed to LR to vent my anger but the service department were not in so had to return on the Monday morning. Service team were incredibly unhelpful stating it must have been there when I dropped it off (which it wasn't because I had washed the car the night before and would have noticed it), they then suggested it must have been a stone that bounced off it (it must have been the size of a house brick judging by the size of the dent!), they were unwilling to admit responsibility as I couldn't prove it. In the end they offered to get their bodyshop to sort if out provided I paid £60 which in the end I reluctantly did.

So... whenever I take a car in for service nowadays I check it all the way around before I leave the forecourt - I learnt the hard way.. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #232890 27th Aug 2014 2:04 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Quote:
whenever I take a car in for service nowadays I check it all the way around before I leave the forecourt

Yeah I ALWAYS look round the car before taking it. Sometimes I even try to look at the car before I go in to get the keys/pay etc as it makes your case stronger. They'll always deny it was them.

I had some repairs done a few months ago after some woman hit my stationary car. When I went to pick it up they had fixed the dent/crack in the rear bumper and sprayed it, but added a massive scratch free of charge right below the previous damage!

They tried to deny it but didn't have a leg to stand on as they were handing the car back, supposedly repaired of damage in that area. DOH! Shocked

Post #232891 27th Aug 2014 2:08 pm
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Hello

When I take my car to the dealers. they walk around the car with you when you drop it off and fill in a form as regards any existing damage or blemishes. A good system !

Post #232892 27th Aug 2014 2:53 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Deano64 - "When I take my car to the dealers. they walk around the car with you when you drop it off and fill in a form as regards any existing damage or blemishes. A good system!"

It is a good system although as it was raining and the service girls didn't want to get their hair wet they only had a quick look so kind of defeated the object. I remember one saying "your car was wet when you brought it in so i probably wouldn't have seen it" I replied "if the dent was there when i brought it in you would have seen a puddle in the middle of the bonnet!" She didn't laugh either.....

Post #232893 27th Aug 2014 3:05 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

I've noticed a few marks on mine when washing it after a service, but difficult to prove once you've driven home, etc

one mark looked like a brake fluid splash, and another like someone's dirty overalls scratching the surface.

they only show up when washing it yourself.

Iain

Post #232895 27th Aug 2014 3:50 pm
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Shilen

Noted. It's been dry every time I've taken mine. Last time I was told there were some marks down one side- like swirl marks from washing. When I went back out with her and asked where they were she couldn't point them out! Is it a ploy to say there are marks to cover themselves I wonder?

Post #232915 27th Aug 2014 8:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12