« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Apple Macbook Pro V's Windows & Minecraft
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
Apple Macbook Pro V's Windows & Minecraft

My son keeps raving on how his mates can play minecraft on their PC's and he can't play it other than on the iPad, he is also saying that the iPad version can't play pixlemon minecraft, what ever that it, but that looks like its a add on for a computer version not ipad

My question is, and you might have to ask your kids, well i hope you will and not know it yourself Laughing

Can Minecraft be played on a mac ios, or does it have to be the less secure windows

I really don't fancy him having windows and having it open to all the bugs and viruses that goes with them, as i don't want to infect other products in the house, albeit all are apple, (but looking at a synodgy NAS system)

I'm also fancying a 15" Macbook Pro Retina, so i have a editing tool whilst away on holiday for my photos, instead of my ipad and thought kill two birds with one stone instead of buying both

thoughts Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #232285 21st Aug 2014 2:59 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

A quick look at Minecraft's home page shows that there are versions for iOS, Windows and pocket versions for Android and iPad. I don't know if buying one version gives you access to the other versions, if not, that starts to get expensive.
On the question of is Windows or iOS more at risk of malware, that is down to the protection you use. The reason why Windows appears to have more problems than iOS is simply down to scale. The number of personal computers running Windows far outstrips those running iOS so if I was writing malware I'd target the biggest 'market'. Though with the number of iOS users who mistakenly believe that their O/S is more secure than Microsoft's, it must be getting to the point where malware writers will start to target them. So if I was running iOS, I'd want anti virus/spyware/malware programs just as I run on Windows.
+1 for the Synology NAS box. They run a version of Linux, (which is what iOS was based on).

Post #232323 21st Aug 2014 6:25 pm
PeakWayfarer

United Kingdom 

deleted by user

Last edited by PeakWayfarer on 14th Oct 2017 9:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #232329 21st Aug 2014 6:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Cheers, he can't link up to mates via the iPad version, but really wants too

So need to try get it right so he can

Can't understand why kids are obsessed with a game my spectrum 48 could do Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #232331 21st Aug 2014 7:09 pm
taztastic

England 

Just think if you had invented Minecraft for the Spectrum, better than Hungry Horace Rolling with laughter

My daughter is the same, can't get her off the damn thing, it's like an addiction to stacking cubes, that's all I can see it is?

Post #232338 21st Aug 2014 7:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I might get the chops saw out and make some wooden cubes paint them in green brown and grey and flog me as a make your own minecraft world Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #232362 21st Aug 2014 10:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1