Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Feelander 2 Hesitation / Judder / Stuttering fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 25 <123 ... 151617 ... 232425>
Print this entire topic · 
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Thread on cleaning the MAF sensor here: http://www.freel2.com/forum/post107510.html#107510
Good suggestion to try disconnection of the sensor to see if it makes a difference.

Post #282658 29th Nov 2015 6:08 pm
Spatch

England 

pcheaven wrote:

For me in my old FL2, and in all of the autos I had on loan, the accelerator pedal just was not connected to the wheels, there was always lag/delay when driving in town. it drove me nuts. I have had dozens of auto cars, and never experienced this before.

IMHO my DS has an almost perfect gearbox, as does the loaner DS I had for a week or so before hand - which is what persuaded me to upgrade. The accelerator pedal seems totally connected to the wheels, pedal moves, wheels turn. Perfect.
FL2 when driving in town, Pedal moves, wait for it... wheels turn.

I know what you mean. This is my first auto and, around town, sometimes it is perfect when going from off to on throttle but other times there is a lag or a jolt as I depress the throttle. Very frustrating.

I have a gearbox software update being performed in a weeks time by the local dealer so I am hoping it will improve things. I am also hoping it will reduce the hesitation when trying to get a quick getaway. That's also very frustrating.

Post #282677 29th Nov 2015 9:40 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

I had a SW update done on my MY13 Auto, and had the adaptions reset.
It did make it better, but still a long way from ideal for a modern car.

I drove a few autos, they all performed the same - main reason why I went to a DS, the 9 speed box is great 

Post #282679 29th Nov 2015 9:46 pm
CED

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Bali Blue
Hesitation

Hi all,
Just a quick question to see if anyone knows if a cure has been found yet for the hesitation problem blighting many Freelanders after the 2011 facelift.
I understand there is a software patch being sorted, but my dealer does not want to know now car is out of warranty, without hand in pocket, in spite of them not being able to sort it when under warranty.

Post #286293 5th Jan 2016 10:26 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

If it was recorded as a fault while under Warranty it should be covered now it's out of warranty. Worth contacting LR Customer Services for advice.

Post #286318 6th Jan 2016 12:08 pm
Trev 1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red
Freelander 2 hesitation problem

My 2011 Freelander 2 has developed a hesitation at around 1500/1800 rpm, when going through the gears it is just for a split second then seems ok, I have had a look on the net and it does seem a problem, do we know if LR found a cure for this, just asking before I book it in, only had the motor 4 week, private sale and was fine when I bought it, does seem ok when towing caravan though.

Post #303560 30th Jul 2016 6:27 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If your FL2 has the problem described in this thread then there is no specific cure (eg replacement part(s) or software update) but instead a recalibration procedure that has worked for some but not others. The problem is characterised by only happening above around 15 deg C.

Mine still does it, plan to book it in in the near future (again), primarily after easing off the throttle and then accelerating, sometimes when pulling away from a cold start, but more and more after sitting on the brake in D for a while.

If yours is a hesitation after a gear change then I'd say that it may not be this problem, mine, and I believe others that have contributed to this thread, happens independently of gear changes.

Post #303638 1st Aug 2016 1:37 pm
Trev 1

Booked in at Guy Salmon for Thursday 1.30 pm, just hope they can sort it or it's bye bye and back to my Disco 3.

Post #303710 2nd Aug 2016 7:38 pm
Trev 1

Well had in at Guy Salmon on Thursday, went out for a run with technician and it did not put a foot wrong, typical! they put it on test book to see if it had logged any codes but all clear then on way home did it twice in 2 miles. I have just brought our caravan down home to get ready for a week away and no problem does not seem to do it when towing, I will see if it does it next week while we are away.

Post #303958 6th Aug 2016 11:30 am
Hippo

United Kingdom 

Would the final run of MY15 Freelanders have the auto gearbox software update discussed on this thread installed? Is it an alternative version of software only used on FL2's with the hesitation problem, as a hesitation fix (or attempt to fix with a re-calibration) or did it become standard fit for new vehicles at the end of production when they're programmed? Hippo's videos - Honorary Tratterer

Post #304005 7th Aug 2016 11:53 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

I don't experience any conditions described in these threads. Power is instantly available and the gearbox is smooth under any load.
Only time I experience a "delay" in power is when I coast to a stop and try to accelerate away, there is a delay as the gearbox's "neutral running" condition is active and has to re engage. As I'm aware of it I just select "sport" mode in these conditions which negates the "neutral running" and holds the gear, so instant power available. It's "very" noticeable, absolutely no lag, throttle is very responsive.
I'm running most current ATM firmware as I scanned the car a week ago to check for updates and only one available was touchscreen. MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #304012 7th Aug 2016 3:49 pm
csm norman

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I have a 2011Fs TD4 XS manual and this fault became evident about two months after I bought it in April 2015. It had a two year warranty when I purchased it and had covered 29k miles.
This is brief sequence of events:-
a] - software update checked and air path reset - OK for 3 days then problem reoccurred;
b] - dealer took it in for investigation and test drive - fault acknowledged and referred to Land rover as no fault codes evident
c] - Land rover instructed dealer to replace EGR valve under warranty
d] - whole process took 3 months and I was given a FOC courtesy car for EGR replacement.
e] - Car ok for most of the time with minor re-occurrences on warmer days, but of no cause to be concerned

a] - warmer weather came and problem reoccurred big time. At one stage it stalled when pulling out of a junction
b] - referred back to main dealer who did 2no air path resets - same as last year in that problem reoccurred after 2/3 days
c] - test drive with LR master tech at dealers. He knew the problem and was actually able to replicate it when he drove the car on the test drive. He said manuals are worse than autos and that mine was the worst he had experienced.
d] - all turbo hoses checked for leaks etc - all OK
e] - referred to LR as turbo was sooted up - dealers words not mine.
f] - LR agreed to turbo replacement under warranty.
g] - again I was given a FOC courtesy car whilst work was carried out.
h] - process took 4 months this time

So almost a week in and so far all is OK. Car is now on 54k miles.
Just recording that LR warranty is holding good and although dealer was taking their time over resolving, I put a rocket up the service managers backside and the resulting actions were good.
Main dealer was LOOKERS at Chelmsford.
At the moment I'm happy, but will post again if anything re-occurs[/list][/list]

Post #306532 10th Sep 2016 11:10 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

My 2011 model still does this very occasionally despite having been through the dealership, contacting LR support, had the software update and recalibrations etc. I have just learned to live with it. My dealer even told me that they have three other FL2s that they sold that do this. I have come to the conclusion that this will never be fixed, after all why should LR bother about resolving a problem with a car that's 5 years out of production? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #306540 11th Sep 2016 9:16 am
taztastic

England 

I can't say I have experienced the hesitation but had LR Assist out today, following a 'restricted performance' error earlier that wouldn't clear by reset.
On connecting his computer he immediately said " I know this fault, there is a technical bulletin for it. LTB000379.
Apparently my car had a fault code for it along with another for the EGR valve which had been told to go to a position it cannot get to?
10 minutes later and I was on my way again, the car was also noticeably smoother so maybe it has been bad for a while.
The software update related to the bulletin will not be automatically applied, only to those cars experiencing a fault, the software was released at the back end of 2015.
Not sure what the fault code was unless it's on my paperwork, I'll check tomorrow.

Post #310948 12th Nov 2016 9:49 pm
alex_pescaru

LTB00739 - 2.2L DW12 Engine Hesitation With Diagnostic Trouble Code P0403-71 Or P0405-77 ..... EGR stuff...

Post #310961 12th Nov 2016 11:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 25 <123 ... 151617 ... 232425>