Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Keep 'em coming, it's better than Corrie! Laughing

Post #281002 12th Nov 2015 4:39 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Caught a bloke mid- Censored a while ago and sent him on his way with a nice stain down his trousers but last night, it helped with an explanation but no apprehension, not even worth calling the police as I doubt they'll do any thing.

I park an old car round the back of the garage and this morning I found half a dozen phone numbers carved into the bonnet. CCTV viewing showed a drunk stagger into frame last night and sit on the bonnet to make/take a call. Needing to write a number down, he picked up a stone and used the Censored bonnet as a scratch pad! Of course, as he was drunk he couldn't get it right so kept going. He was there for over 15 minutes and actually passed out for a minute or so. None of the numbers exist or make any sense (they all start 07950 887 and I've tried about 20 combinations with no joy) so not traceable. Good job its an old banger. If I see him again, I'll 'ave 'im! Whistle

Click image to enlarge
 Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #298603 13th May 2016 12:44 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

Shocked Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #298625 13th May 2016 5:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Steve, I would report that to police even if you aren't bothered about the old car. For one, he may have left some prints on the bonnet and what if he has done similar to other people and perhaps on a new car? Could prove useful in catching the sh Censored t heap Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #298632 13th May 2016 6:38 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Naturally, I'm in the wrong according to old wifey expert on these matters! I've had someone try to nick my motorbike, a neighbour dump some rubbish, a bloke relieving himself and now this. The joys of owning property in the East end of London. All my fault of course because the set of gates I intended to fit that would have stopped all 4 incidents have never materialised. Women's logic! Pah, I've told her, I said I'll fit the gates and I will. The posts are there! Just stop nagging me every six months! Laughing Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #298640 13th May 2016 7:37 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
..........Going to plug it all in and get it working over the weekend to make sure it works over a power line kit and I can get it on my iPhone/iPad before installing it. Otherwise it's going back!
In all, I've spent £430 for the DVR, 4 cameras and a power line kit and I'll get £80 cashback from Maplins as they are currently running a promotion so if it all works it'll stand me in £350. I said, if it all works!

Update: After less than two years it's packed up! I had half an idea before I even looked at it as to what the problem may be. I had it fitted up on a shelf high in my loft. A week or so ago in that freak heatwave, the temperature in my loft was hotter than a sauna. It must have melted something in it internally. I brought the DVR unit from work home with me and used that as a test unit to confirm. Not worth getting fixed so a quick look on Maplins site got me this - a bargain I think because they are discontinuing it for a new model.

Better still, the box was slightly damaged so I got an extra £20 off of it so just £190. Higher quality resolution than the last one - 1080p plus two 1080p cameras. I've just swapped the DVR over at the moment as I'm off on a motorcycling trip on Friday - I'll think about changing the cameras at a later date. I'm standing this one on the loft floor where it'll be 30° cooler in the summer! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #326197 28th Jun 2017 10:31 pm
archie98

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Steve
Is the swann cctv still going strong.
I am interested in one but don't understand dvr or nvr as which to have

Post #347955 21st Apr 2018 4:49 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

Swann kit is ok. Especially newer models
I just picked up another 87450 Super HD NVR. 8 channrl eith 4 cameras.
From maplin for £500. Very happy

It works very well, though instructions are poor.
Silly thibgs like wide dynamic range by default is disabled. Which is plain stupid.

Still only took 20 minutes to configure and away you go.

Personally for me NVR is the way to go. One rj45 cable per camera does it all. 

Post #347956 21st Apr 2018 4:56 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

archie98 wrote:
Steve
Is the swann cctv still going strong.
I am interested in one but don't understand dvr or nvr as which to have

Yep. Still working fine. Located it on the loft floor now - about 20° cooler than on a shelf! NVR is better quality. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #347961 21st Apr 2018 8:22 pm
archie98

Thank you Thumbs Up

Post #347963 21st Apr 2018 9:29 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

The Doctor wrote:
Steve, I would report that to police even if you aren't bothered about the old car. For one, he may have left some prints on the bonnet and what if he has done similar to other people and perhaps on a new car? Could prove useful in catching the sh Censored t heap Thumbs Up

To be honest , the only reason for reporting it to the Police is to get a crime number for your insurer . My experience of submitting CCTV to the boys in blue is that sod all is going to happen . They might use your info to build up some trend , but the unfortunate truth is they are not interested in theft or vandalism from ot to insured Middle England . On the other hand we can all sleep safe in our beds knowing that every Saturday night they will be sorting out domestics at number 42 Censored Street , and we can get a glowing feeling about the millions spent so that one day Ted Heath will be brought to book in the afterlife . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #347971 22nd Apr 2018 7:50 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Unless there are twelve dozen children raped, two dozen murders, one tonne of sarin gas wiping out 100,000 people & single leaf off a marijuana plant on the same scene! It's too much paperwork work for the police to awaken them from their own corruption shenanigans.

Having said that, I spent a few days doing paperwork because my Etag (electronic motorway prepaid pass (paid well in advance!)) was stolen via a smashed car window. Too little to claim for insurance claim, too much BS to report it,..... as I found after wasting about a weeks worth of my life due to the police gravy train while they are covering up their relentless aboriginal bashing agenda!

It's simpler to get Putin's poisoning scheme in to rectify problems! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #348027 23rd Apr 2018 6:04 am
archie98

I have ordered the swann cctv with themal imaging from Debenhams £310 delivered comes with 4 camera's and can fit another 4 if needed I will let you know what it's like when it's fitted.

Post #348031 23rd Apr 2018 7:50 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

My Netgear Arlo saved the day last night when I got visited
Evil or Very Mad

Click image to enlarge
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #348250 26th Apr 2018 12:04 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Little c Censored ts Evil or Very Mad Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto