Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Finally got my new SE TECH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Andy1920

England 

Hi Dorsetfreelander thanks for the info but just ordered one from Advanced factors 533X152mm
Don't think I will get any joy from Hunters to change it as it is a legal number plate , I didn't think it looked right having the big gap all round it

Thanks all

Post #230171 29th Jul 2014 6:28 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

OK well done, incidentally I just looked at www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/getting-number-plates-made-up and it's clearly illegal to be selling plates without showing proper documentation but there are loads of online suppliers out there!

Reminds me of the time a work colleague got stopped by the police and discovered that his company car had different plates front and back!

Post #230173 29th Jul 2014 7:01 pm
Andy1920

England 

Yes I looked on there first I sent a copy of my V5 and Driving licence with the order

Cheers for that

I feel like I've been had at Hunters . but will look better with the larger number plate on

Happy days

Post #230177 29th Jul 2014 7:38 pm
Blue Moon

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

I did exactly the same with my latest one 2 Weekends ago. Took some happy snaps that look very similar. Did you carry on over the Hardknott Pass as well? It was something we had threatened to do since we got our 1st back in 2010. I did it back in 1988 in a 1 week old VW Transporter 1.6TD 70bhp and ripped the clutch out of it. That dog leg 1st to 2nd gearbox was a nightmare Censored

Picked my latest one up from Hunters Guildford and that has a full size proper rear plate. It must be the Preston branch thats trying to save some money.

Went to Guildford from Manchester as they had the only Mauritius Blue with Black leather SD4 GS in the country. Do I have a rare car? I'm sure someone must have the same on this forum. I hope not Very Happy 2010 TD4e S manual Alaska White - Gone
2012 SD4 GS auto Fuji White - Gone
2014 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Post #230288 31st Jul 2014 12:36 pm
Andy1920

England 

Hi Blue moon
No didn't carry on to Hardknott I just nipped up about 9pm for some photos of the car somewhere more fitting than my drive LOL I'm over there all the time so was just a quick photo opportunity and after all that I forgot my camera in the excitement Rolling Eyes

I bet Hardknott was exciting in a 70hp transporter was it first gear all the way up you can't beet a bit of hp for going up there .

Had my freelander on order since May because I had a few extras fitted and apparently mine was the first SE TECH that Hunters Preston had had delivered funny seems they came out on the 9th June .

Sounds like a good sales pitch but you never know

Post #230313 31st Jul 2014 4:36 pm
Andy1920

England 

Got my new number plate today the right size for the car looks much better .
After removing the old number plate I found that Hunters had drilled the metal of the tailgate to fix it with self tappers that's just a recipe for rust specially when there are two nylon plugs with holes in to fix the number plate to don't know if I'm being fussy but not sure in twelve months I want to take it there for it's first service it's just the little things that put you off

[/img] Freelander Se Tech Orkney grey td4 manual 2014

Post #230390 1st Aug 2014 4:55 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

It does look very nice indeed! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #230449 2nd Aug 2014 9:50 am
Andy1920

England 

Thanks Mav
It is a lovely car really nice to drive more than happy with it

Cheers Freelander Se Tech Orkney grey td4 manual 2014

Post #230458 2nd Aug 2014 10:31 am
Blue Moon

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Hi andy1920, all was well going over in the transporter until some knob stopped on one of the many hairpins. This was when I really struggled to get going and the smell of the clutch all the way back to Manchester was awfull. The dealer did replace it under warranty though. To memory the mileage was less than 1500miles. It's a fab road though. 2010 TD4e S manual Alaska White - Gone
2012 SD4 GS auto Fuji White - Gone
2014 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Post #230466 2nd Aug 2014 11:05 am
Andy1920

England 

Hi Blue moon LOL can imagine what that was like on the hairpins
I once got stuck behind 2 mini busses that were too big to get round the top hairpin at Eskdale side and it was p*****g down and dark it took two hours to reverse them back down with a giant tailback all reversing back to Brotherilkeld funny how thing stick in your mind LOL

Andy Freelander Se Tech Orkney grey td4 manual 2014

Post #230481 2nd Aug 2014 1:29 pm
Iliacus

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Andy1920 wrote:
After removing the old number plate I found that Hunters had drilled the metal of the tailgate to fix it with self tappers that's just a recipe for rust specially when there are two nylon plugs with holes in to fix the number plate to don't know if I'm being fussy but not sure in twelve months I want to take it there for it's first service it's just the little things that put you off

I don't think you are being fussy and I would think that LR expect their dealers to use the plugs provided, as well as fitting the correct size number plate. If you get a feedback form I would certainly mention it.

My dealer fits the correct size plates but I don't know if they used the correct holes! They did provide me with two additional rear plates (charged for) for my 'van and trailer and both were narrow. A wider one would have looked better on the 'van. I'll now await CG's comments on better looking 'vans Whistle GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver
LONG GONE - '55 Norton Dominator 99 SS cafe racer

Post #230483 2nd Aug 2014 1:55 pm
Andy1920

England 

Hi Iliacus
I think the plate they fitted would of been too low down using the proper nylon fixing holes if you look on the first photos they have fixed the plate near the ends when the on the last photo using the proper fixing holes they are roughly a third in from the ends you can just make them out one is half way down the F .
I filled the holes in that Hunters drilled with a bit of silicon to stop water and rust , I was just disappointed that you spend 30K on a car and then they drill holes in it like botch job

Quote:
I'll now await CG's comments on better looking 'vans Whistle

LOL Rolling with laughter Freelander Se Tech Orkney grey td4 manual 2014

Post #230486 2nd Aug 2014 3:05 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Andy1920 wrote:
Got my new number plate today the right size for the car looks much better .

[/img]

Shocked why would they do that! I'm removing my plates shortly as I will have a cherished reg going on. I would actually ask them why they drilled holes in the metal tailgate. A wise move if you never deal with them again! It's there loss really and not yours! Nice freely btw Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #230507 2nd Aug 2014 6:57 pm
Andy1920

England 

Hi LR NUT
Thanks for that I might call in tomorrow when I pass and ask that very question
I wouldn't do it myself so why should they specially when there are proper fixings already there

Keep admiring your Freelander on your avatar it looks sort of chunky in white with those wheels Thumbs Up

Thanks
Andy

I think the problem was it was delivered late and they rushed getting it ready to pick up that's why it was all streaky and not polished when I collect it already told them I wasn't happy at that Freelander Se Tech Orkney grey td4 manual 2014

Post #230513 2nd Aug 2014 8:07 pm
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

I would contact LR customer services and demand a new tailgate.

Post #230514 2nd Aug 2014 8:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>