Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lukeis

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black
Freelander 2 cosmetic upgrades

Hi guys

Back again..

I've done a number of small mods which have cleaned up my fl2 but I've still got a couple of things that bother me as it gets older so i was hoping to list them here and then if anyone (looking you you mav) has or someone you know of has updated this part it would be great to hear back from you and get any feedback

Problem 1 - the rear corner posts on the outside of the car are a dull black plastic - is there a gloss black option for this? If you notice the evoque it is gloss black all outside and looks a lot smarter

Problem 2 - the headlights on my freelander 2 are looking dated, I know you can retro fit the new signature lights, has anyone found a cheap stockist???

Problem 3 - my wheels were changed for 20" black wheels, while I still believe they look great when the car is clean the reality is its dirty more than it is clean and the car looks more dated with black wheels than the stock 18wheels. I have the original ones but don't like them either but I do like the 19" diamond turned wheels, does anyone know a cheap stockist for these??

Problem 4 - the front grill, I have sprayed mine black but the outer edge of the grill is still the beige colour (same as the 2011 limited edition) but this now looks old too, I'm not sure if it is the grill surround that makes it look older or if the badging on the car bonnet also looks old - has anyone upgraded these to gloss black? I saw a pic of a Matte black one but I wasn't convinced that looked much better.

Some pics attached

Any thoughts or guidance would be great!

Thanks, luke 2011 black FL2

Post #227444 18th Jun 2014 10:52 am
Lukeis

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

Err.. How do I move this into the correct category?? 2011 black FL2

Post #227593 20th Jun 2014 8:19 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

PM npinks and he'll do it for you.

Post #227597 20th Jun 2014 9:07 am
Shaw Tarse

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Orkney Grey

I've clicked on report (hope this is ok?)
ETA, you could get the pillars painted, as LRNut did. SD4 HSE Lux Orkney Grey,Full size spare tyre,Ugly kid glass.

Post #227600 20th Jun 2014 12:05 pm
cdn_downunder

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Lago Grey
Re: Freelander 2 cosmetic upgrades

Hi Luke,

I realise this is an old thread, but are you still looking for a set of 19" diamond turned wheels? I have 5 that I am selling to move down to 17" with off road rubber if you are.

Cheers,

Curtis

Lukeis wrote:
Hi guys

Back again..

I've done a number of small mods which have cleaned up my fl2 but I've still got a couple of things that bother me as it gets older so i was hoping to list them here and then if anyone (looking you you mav) has or someone you know of has updated this part it would be great to hear back from you and get any feedback

Problem 1 - the rear corner posts on the outside of the car are a dull black plastic - is there a gloss black option for this? If you notice the evoque it is gloss black all outside and looks a lot smarter

Problem 2 - the headlights on my freelander 2 are looking dated, I know you can retro fit the new signature lights, has anyone found a cheap stockist???

Problem 3 - my wheels were changed for 20" black wheels, while I still believe they look great when the car is clean the reality is its dirty more than it is clean and the car looks more dated with black wheels than the stock 18wheels. I have the original ones but don't like them either but I do like the 19" diamond turned wheels, does anyone know a cheap stockist for these??

Problem 4 - the front grill, I have sprayed mine black but the outer edge of the grill is still the beige colour (same as the 2011 limited edition) but this now looks old too, I'm not sure if it is the grill surround that makes it look older or if the badging on the car bonnet also looks old - has anyone upgraded these to gloss black? I saw a pic of a Matte black one but I wasn't convinced that looked much better.

Some pics attached

Any thoughts or guidance would be great!

Thanks, luke
 11MY SE SD4 in Lago Grey just arrived with a free Garmin thrown in! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship (I'm an eternal optimist, and former FL1 owner)!

Post #234154 8th Sep 2014 8:36 am
taztastic

England 

Quote:
[quote="Shaw Tarse"]I've clicked on report (hope this is ok?)

Perfectly good, it comes straight to us then Thumbs Up

Post #234166 8th Sep 2014 10:00 am
Offshore1987

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

You can use Silicon spray on the black plastic parts to clean them right up and make them shine ( I use fishing pole elastic silicon spray as I had some ) Works a treat, plus works on the black window rubber to Thumbs Up

Dan Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #234167 8th Sep 2014 10:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1