Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Likes and dislikes...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Gnat, Picked up my Tambora HSE on 30th March as well and am also impressed after a weekend of looking for excuses to put on some miles. Lots and Lots of toys!!
Your dealer should have asked the DVLA for 12 months + 1 week on the tax disc, then it would have expired 31/3/08, as mine does. You can`t afford to waste a months road tax these days!
Only dealer problem so far is that they put the dealer sticker ibn the back window when I asked them not to - but it only took 5 seconds to remove, as did the CO2 sticker (now in service book in case I`m asked.
Nicam Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #2191 2nd Apr 2007 10:11 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

boiledgnat wrote:

Dislikes:
- being asked to put outstanding down on my dealer feedback form (!!!)

big grins all round!

BG

Glad you like it BG, I've clocked over 6k miles and still luvin' it !!

Interested to see your comment about the dealer asking for 'outstanding' on the feedback form. That happened to me and outstanding was the most unsuitable word for any of my dealings with them. Needless to say the form was returned with true answers, which resulted in a long conversation with the dealer principle..... he said all the right things, but I was not convinced, it was like he was going through the motions ....

As a matter of interest is your dealer Guy Salmon (Sytner Group), they make some extreme claims about customer service which my dealer certainly did not live up to ... One of the questions related to recommending them and/or using them for your next vehicle, I replied certainly not.

Post #2192 2nd Apr 2007 11:06 am
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I went in Salmon's twice looking at FL2 on way home from work. First time a salesman was having a stand up row with sales manager on sales floor in open view. I commented to another salesman that this was very unprofessional and not very confidence inspiring. Got a brochure, had a quick nosey at cars then left. A week later after I had sussed which models were which, prices, extras etc I revisited on my way home for another look. This time the showroom was like the Marie Celeste, I wandered around for over 15 mins inside and outside - nobody approached me at all. Now I don't like pushy sales tactics at all but I don't mind being approached to see if I need any help/advice. Anyway, I thought if it's like this when I'm going to be giving them profit, what will it be like if I have problems with car. I voted with my feet and visted Rocar Moore Huddersfield where I ordered a vehicle that Saturday and received good old fashioned service with a bit of Yorkshire banter.

Post #2193 2nd Apr 2007 12:03 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Quote:
Avtur wrote: As a matter of interest is your dealer Guy Salmon (Sytner Group), they make some extreme claims about customer service which my dealer certainly did not live up to

No, it was part of the Stratstone group. They were on the whole okay, but if all LR dealers are pushing for inflated figures on their feedback forms, then it makes the feedback worthless. A true sign of good service is when all answers are deemed valuable and poor feedback leads to changes.

Perhaps I should get in touch with Land Rover administration and offer them my services as a mystery shopper - now that could be a fun job Very Happy

BG

Post #2198 2nd Apr 2007 1:15 pm
boiledgnat

nicam wrote:
Only dealer problem so far is that they put the dealer sticker in the back window when I asked them not to - but it only took 5 seconds to remove, as did the CO2 sticker (now in service book in case I`m asked.
Nicam

I've got one of those really sticky stickers to remove which is the dealer logo on the front windscreen- what did you use to get yours off ? Has it left any marks ?

Cheers

BG

Post #2199 2nd Apr 2007 1:17 pm
boiledgnat

minor niggle....

In reverse, the wing mirrors automatically dip, but this means I can no longer see the back of the car through them - as I use the side mirrors more than the rearview when reversing (I have a narrow gate get through on my drive), I'm worried about hitting one of the gateposts!

Am I being a numpty ? Is there a different setting ?

BG

Post #2205 2nd Apr 2007 5:04 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Gnat,
Put the car in reverse, the mirrors will adjust to the "dip" position. Select the mirrors in turn and set them where you want. Take the car out of reverse. The position you just selected should be set each time you now select reverse. Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #2216 2nd Apr 2007 8:55 pm
tamboradave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame
Hate the standard stereo!

Hi all,

Loving my GS FL2, however if there was one thing I could change, it would be the stereo.

I went for the bog standard one and am regretting it... The sound quality is terrible.... like razor blades on the ears at any medium/high volume!

Does anyone know if it can be upgraded to the premium one as an aftersale fit??

If not, I'm certainly gonna look into replacing it... I can't live with it... really regret not upgrading to the premium one.

Otherwise the car is just great.

Regards,

Post #2270 5th Apr 2007 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

To remove stickers and most of the sticky glue that they are put on with, borrow a hair-drier from your missus/partner/Girlfriend/ Mother/Sister/brother or maybe you have your own. Blow hot air onto the sticker for a couple of minutes and then lift one corner, keeping the hot air on the edge that you are peeling back continue to heat and peel the sticker off slowly - never attack the sticker with a sharp knife - you will scratch the glass if you are not very careful. Remove any remaining sticky stuff from the screen with a rag dipped into some white spirits. White spirits is also very good for removing permanent marker marks from windows as well................... I know this from the experience of coming back to a TVR that I owned and found that some *rsehole had scrawled all over every window with one - worked a treat! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2277 5th Apr 2007 9:31 pm
pim

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black
ABOUT THE MIRROR DIPPING

The dipping mirror is just a factory-setting; You can easily let it be changed by your dealer....

Hope you're happy with that.

Post #2279 5th Apr 2007 10:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pim

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black
about the standard stereo

The premium stereo is NOT an option for the GS model, but possibly if you look very sweet at your dealer he might order one!!

Post #2280 5th Apr 2007 10:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123