Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 97 of 336 <123 ... 969798 ... 334335336>
Print this entire topic · 
FreeMum

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Auto Stornoway Grey
Hello

Hi, great site.

Kathy

Post #92347 18th Feb 2011 2:46 am
sportsman

United Kingdom 

Hello and welcome,I am also from merseyside am sure if you ever need any help regarding you Fl2 the guys on here will help you it's a great little site

Cheers

Sportsman

Post #92593 20th Feb 2011 12:25 pm
razmabaz

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Found this site the other day - most impressed. Plenty of chat and plenty of advice.

Post #93310 25th Feb 2011 9:50 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

you should have been looking out of the window instead of at your screen, you might of seen me robbing your CAT Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #93320 25th Feb 2011 10:40 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Saying hello and thankyou for such an informative forum. It was really helpful when researching a possible FL2 purchase.

Yesterday I put down a deposit on a stornoway grey SD4 HSE, ebony leather, piano black Trim. Also premier pack, body side mouldings and removable tow bar with electrics. Not quite the colour combination I would have chosen but am getting it on the advance finance option and was limited to what was available in stock, but am happy with it anyway.

Hopefully pick it up weekend after next. Trading in a BMW E39 525d Sport Auto. Very much looking forward to getting a comfortable car back, the Sport is just too hard for me on our roads and is getting to the age where much of the suspension will need refreshing. Regardless we needed a vehicle better able to cope with the quantity of snow if it becomes a regular occurence, and something with a larger and more accessible boot space.

Simon

Post #93518 27th Feb 2011 3:13 pm
pip

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Hi all, been lurking for a while great site loads of good information and good crack. Picking a new GS up in a couple of weeks time, must admit I did the deal then found the site and thought what have I done but all manufacturers have their moments. Looking forward to the comfort after three years of Focus St ownership and it will be great to have something economical Whistle

Post #93579 27th Feb 2011 9:05 pm
Monza

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi All,

New forum member here.
We bought a 2007 FL2 HSE a few weeks ago.

Located in Italy now, but expats.

We had several Series before, but now needed a newer, slightly more comfortable, car.

Nice forum!!!

Post #93927 2nd Mar 2011 5:31 pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Just saying hello to everyone and thanks for helping the eight weeks pass from order to collection of my first Freelander. There must be a God as, on my first morning of ownership, there is lots of lovely frost on the heated windscreen I specified from the factory Very Happy

Post #93990 3rd Mar 2011 8:04 am
exmilade

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Thumbs Up
My wife and I have just bought our third Land Rover - a 2007 Freelander 2 S TD4 - so wanted to join a community of other like minded people.
Our other Land Rovers are a 1999 Discovery Series 2 V8 (running on LPG), and, my toy a 1986 ex-military 90 (modified with a 300tdi engine).
We've had our new vehicle 1 week and the only thing done to pimp our ride so far is that I have fitted LR mudflaps front and rear. Oh and a nice black alloy tax disc holder.
Nice to meet you all.
Adrian

Post #94142 4th Mar 2011 5:43 pm
SD4Cat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black
Forum Newbie

Thumbs Up

Hi There

Already put a couple of postings elsewhere on forum so doing things a bit back to front!
Am an ex Merc driver and although I have no complaints about them generally, they let me down badly in the snow....

I am loving my new FL2 SD4 XS in Santorinin Black with ebony interior and chrome -dealer ordered spec - i was in a hurry to have it before December snow!
(didn't go for the HSE as didn't want to pay the extra few thousand for a sunroof and a few other bits that werenm't important to me). I did however upgrade to the full leather.

Love the drive and the performance of my 190PS is V.impressive for weight of car.

Looking forward to a better mpg though. Cover a lot of motorway miles but struggled to get above 42mpg at the moment (done 3100miles).

Love this forum - fascinating and very useful info on here. Would like to see more events down south though...! What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #94235 5th Mar 2011 2:02 pm
Warkman

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
hi all

Hi all, new to the site. Just changed my Disco 3 for a Freelander 2.

Post #94286 5th Mar 2011 9:17 pm
EYorkshire

Hi Warkman, good to meet you. Me, I came from a similar sized car to the FL2 so it's just as roomy but it must be a bit of a shocker dropping down in size for you. Hope you enjoy it.

Post #94289 5th Mar 2011 9:23 pm
cozybug

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi, just jumped over here from disco3.co.uk after getting shot of a troublesome hse. Big Cry hope this car gives a bit more pleasure.

Site looks very promising Very Happy What if the Hokey Kokey IS what its all about?

Post #95839 20th Mar 2011 10:02 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

cozybug wrote:
Hi, just jumped over here from disco3.co.uk after getting shot of a troublesome hse. Big Cry hope this car gives a bit more pleasure.

Site looks very promising Very Happy

Wise move. Disco owners boast about being a real 4x4. Yet on an LR day I went up a muddy slope in one attempt in the FL2 that the Disco 4 took 7 to get up in the hands of an instructor. Yes the disco has better ground clearance but its hindered by weight, hence the FL2 wins in some areas.

Besides that, I love the fact that the FL2 is big enough to defeat smug Beemer drivers on tight side streets Laughing yet not too big and its reasonable to run and tax.

Bought mine new last April so 1st service soon. Only a couple of minor niggles and unstoppable in snow and some fairly deep floods. The GS model with the cold climate pack (Heated windscreen and washer jets) was the only choice for me, all the toys I want. Glad I chose manual too, excellent economy, cheaper to buy and tax and very smooth.

I like the Disco, especially the 4 but it still plays second fiddle to the FL2 for me.

Happy motoring and welcome to the forum. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #95849 20th Mar 2011 10:40 pm
cozybug

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi. Doctor
thanks for the welcome,agree with all you say. Disco 3 a great car wasted by a lot of faults that you should not get for that sort of money. glad to ree the back of it.
regards.
cozybug. What if the Hokey Kokey IS what its all about?

Post #95900 21st Mar 2011 3:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 97 of 336 <123 ... 969798 ... 334335336>