« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > iCARSOFT CR V2.0 2023
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rommel

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White
iCARSOFT CR V2.0 2023

The old boiler was thinking of getting me one of these for my birthday don't actually need it but could be useful in the future ? Cannot find any reviews or feedback on this though anybody got/used one and are they worth the money plenty of U tube vids on them but probably put up by salesmen?? 2013 FL2 XS.
Defender 90 300 TDi.
Defender 90 300 TDi CSW.
1964 MGB Roadster.
1944 Willys MB "Jeep" with bullet holes. (gone)
17 hand Irish Drought Thoroughbred (mostly lame)
Nagging Old Boiler.

Post #433851 5th Jul 2023 7:27 am
lrman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

From what I have read lots of people use the LR version and like it but don't know if the CR has the same functionality. Perhaps worth contacting them before choosing? FL2 2007 2.2d Auto SE. Baltic Blue.

Post #433865 5th Jul 2023 10:49 am
Rommel

Has a lot of functions and will do FL2 but you can download for ten different makes, sounds good but as it so new not much in way of feedback for it?

Thanks 2013 FL2 XS.
Defender 90 300 TDi.
Defender 90 300 TDi CSW.
1964 MGB Roadster.
Nagging Old Boiler.

Post #433866 5th Jul 2023 11:10 am
lrman

I was curious so I looked at the FAQ on icarsoft.com and found this:

Quote:
Q: Can iCarsoft CR Plus multi brand scanner do the same functions as the MB II/MB V2.0 and other single make scanners?
A: iCarsoft CR Plus does not cover the full functions of MB II/MB V2.0 and other single brand scanner. As the CR Plus is a four systems scanner, the MB II/MB V2.0 and other single brand scanners are Multi-system scanners. If you only need to diagnose your only one vehicle, for example, you need to test your Mercedes-Benz, the MB II/MB V2.0 works better for you, because the single make scanner covers more systems and special functions.

So, if I read that right, the CR multicar scanner does not have all the functionality of the single car version (ie the LR in our case).
That said, this is refering to the "CR Plus", I don't know if that is the same as the "CR V2.0". FL2 2007 2.2d Auto SE. Baltic Blue.

Post #433868 5th Jul 2023 11:59 am
Rommel

Thanks. its very hard to find info on the cr v2.0 2023 according to the sellers they say it does virtually everything on the FL2 DPF/ABS/SAS/EPB/Ect but cannot find any reviews anywhere??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273836338610 2013 FL2 XS.
Defender 90 300 TDi.
Defender 90 300 TDi CSW.
1964 MGB Roadster.
Nagging Old Boiler.

Post #433870 5th Jul 2023 1:33 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

It depends on how in depth you want to go. All these units are just posh code readers, with limited functionality outside of that. They can't code keys, or configure replacement modules, or do calibrations, all of which are needed on a modern vehicle.
I use SDD, which is very useful and can code everything, although has a daft GUI. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. My daily driver.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #433871 5th Jul 2023 2:34 pm
lrman

I think that is the problem. It might read codes from the module but that doesn't mean any special functions work for that module.
The implication is that the manufacturer specific version have more functionality but even then it is very unclear what they actually do.

For what it is worth, on the facebook groups people appear to like the Autel AP200. It is pretty cheap so might be worth a punt?

I have a ThinkDiag bluetooth reader with android app on my phone. I also have a dodgy copy of SDD. Both appear to do the job but I am not sure which I hate most!

The ThinkDiag refuses to connect to the car unless my phone has a wifi connection but otherwise it appears to work ok. I can't say I have done much except simple fault reading on the FL2 though.
The ThinkDiag (and I think the AP200??) use a subscription model. So you have to pay every year to keep using it on a specific car make. Only about £30 a time but it can add up.

The SDD is standalone but is hassle as I am running it in a virtual machine (just in case it has a virus) and using the software is like running through treacle! I can see what they are trying to achieve with it but in reality the UI is just plane daft as Nodge says. I am very much a novice with SDD but I have read that you can mess up your car if you use some of the coding functions incorrectly so I am proceding with caution! FL2 2007 2.2d Auto SE. Baltic Blue.

Post #433873 5th Jul 2023 3:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1