Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Just taken delivery - but bits missing!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
heatha05

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White
Just taken delivery - but bits missing!

Just taken delivery of a Rimini Red Td4e XS.
Very happy with it so far, but noticed that the heated seat buttons, which should be standard are missing Crying or Very sad .
Dealer said he's going to try and take care of it. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else, and how it got sorted out.

i don't fancy the idea of the dealer taking apart my brand new car to fit something which should've been a factory fit.

Post #64017 18th Mar 2010 9:57 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I would send the car back as it is not as ordered. I wouldn't want the dealer to fiddle with that either unless it is simply a case of changing the switches cos the loom should be there. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #64021 18th Mar 2010 10:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Junior

England 

Just a Guess, But If it doesn't have the switches it probably won't have the heated seat elements or loom Question

Post #64022 18th Mar 2010 11:06 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

if the wiring loom is there, you can check by looking under the seats, it should just be a case of popping out the old switches and installing the new ones.

but if the loom is not there then I would agree that the seat elements are unlikely to be there and you ( and the dealer ) have to decide what to do next.

the heated seats are certainly invaluable and I would not want to be without them.

keep us updated on the progress

Iain

Post #64035 19th Mar 2010 10:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Reject it is my opinion

what's LRCS opinion on it? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64037 19th Mar 2010 10:53 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Personally I would reject the vehicle but insist that the dealer supplies you with a courtesy vehicle at no cost until the vehicle that you ordered is built, might be worth seeing if they would do you a good discount on upgrading to a HSE if they have any stock available.

Had exactly the same thing happen to me with BMW 5 years ago, I ordered a 3 series coupe with Sat Nav / TV and when i went to collect it wasnt fitted. I rejected the vehicle and the dealer ordered another to the correct spec and provided me with a 3 series saloon for free until mine was ready (8 weeks!), also got £500 worth of accessories out of them as a goodwill gesture. Dealer kept the rejected vehicle and used it as a demo for 6 months before sticking it on the forecourt.

Post #64043 19th Mar 2010 1:09 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

shilen wrote:
Personally I would reject the vehicle but insist that the dealer supplies you with a courtesy vehicle at no cost until the vehicle that you ordered is built, might be worth seeing if they would do you a good discount on upgrading to a HSE if they have any stock available.

Had exactly the same thing happen to me with BMW 5 years ago, I ordered a 3 series coupe with Sat Nav / TV and when i went to collect it wasnt fitted. I rejected the vehicle and the dealer ordered another to the correct spec and provided me with a 3 series saloon for free until mine was ready (8 weeks!), also got £500 worth of accessories out of them as a goodwill gesture. Dealer kept the rejected vehicle and used it as a demo for 6 months before sticking it on the forecourt.

on reflection I would totally agree with this, no reason why the dealer should not use this vehicle as a demo and order you a new XS.

too much money to pay and not be happy with it

Iain

Post #64054 19th Mar 2010 2:19 pm
Junior

England 

Presumably you have paid extra for Heated seats so a refund for the cost plus a gesture of goodwill is the Very minimum to expect-The cause could be a dealer error with the order.

Or if it was standard on your model, It will affect the resale value if it's missing and may also raise questions by a potential buyer.-How it could leave the factory is ridiculous, surely it would have to pass quality control and be given a certificate of conformity Shocked

Post #64134 19th Mar 2010 10:44 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Heated seats are standard on the XS which raises the question how it has arrived without them! Perhaps->

1) They are there - its just that the wrong dials were fitted on the dash so a straight swop (best solution)
2) They are missing - cock up in the factory
3) They have flogged you a GS spec with an XS badge on the back - is there any other items that should be there tha are not?

Keep us updated with what the dealer says!!

Post #64141 19th Mar 2010 11:11 pm
Marky

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Other difference's inc colour sat nav and part leather 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #64156 20th Mar 2010 11:10 am
heatha05

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

Took it into the dealer today, and they had a good look round. Turns out the elements and loom are there, and they think that its just the HEVAC (aircon) module that's been fitted wrong. They've ordered a replacement unit so will be fitting that, and will be making some consideration for my inconvenience (I'm thinking 3 years servicing might be nice Smile )

The plot thickens though because after I called them to report the missing switches, they had a look at another car that had just been delivered - guess what - the buttons were missing from that one too! Wonder how many are out there that are missing the heated seat switches!!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Post #64179 20th Mar 2010 6:13 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

heatha05 wrote:
........ and will be making some consideration for my inconvenience (I'm thinking 3 years servicing might be nice Smile )

Top tip from a salesman (no I don't sell cars Very Happy ) for the compensation aim high and be happy with medium i.e. go for three and accept two Thumbs Up (you'll maybe only get 'one' though but that in it'self is worth £350 ish).

Post #64183 20th Mar 2010 6:44 pm
Bone

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Rimini Red

I think even getting one service free is a bit optmistic.

Granted the dealer should have checked the car before it was delivered to you to make sure that any extras where fitted, but to be honest the salesman probably never thought to check that the standard equipment was there.

As i work for a dealer i think the best you can hope for is a full tank of juice for all the running back and forth you will/have had to do or discounted service. Gone S383 ABA Freelander 2.0 XEDI Rioja Red
Gone NT02 CUA Freelander 2.0 TD4 ES Blue
Gone ND06 URU Freelander 2.0 TD4 Rimini Red
Gone NA56 VJN Freeelander 2.0 TD4 Black
HERE OE07 JRX Freelander 2.2 TD4 XS Rimini

Post #64255 21st Mar 2010 3:23 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Seen things like this happen before with Ford, parts stock kept to minimum, when hiccup happens they will fit alternative wrong part rather than stop production. This is to save disruption to line, transportation to dealers and not storing incomplete vehicles. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #64676 25th Mar 2010 1:09 am
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Playing devils advocate, as there is another XS at the dealer without heated seat switches, has the dealership checked to see if heated seats have been deleted from the XS?

I was at Halewood a few weeks ago and there are some spec changes going on. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #64684 25th Mar 2010 12:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>