« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > Power Folding Mirrors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tank7

United States 2014 LR2 2.0T HSE Lux Auto Fuji White
Power Folding Mirrors

Got a US version 2014 HSE LUX and regardless of the advertising it does NOT have power fold mirrors. I need these to get into my garage. Anyone know if I can retro fit or is the harness and fuse box not wired for it? Heard they came standard here on 2012 model. 2014 LR2 HSE LUX in Fuji White

Post #258042 24th Mar 2015 4:40 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

If you have memory seats, then you have power fold mirrors. Get it back to the dealer and get them to enable them....its a two minute job. Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #258048 24th Mar 2015 5:21 pm
LR2inTheUSA

United States 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I have a loaded 2010 HSE w/ Tech package. Memory driver & power front seats, but NO powered mirrors. Well, they tilt down when backing up!

Thinking you'll need to check your specific vehicle. IN talking with the dealer re: some "missing" features on mine, they just shrug. Content seems to vary depending on when it was built FWIW. Wait...you get 17in steel wheel options, diesel engines, manual transmissions, cloth seats, optional sunroofs and G4 kit! Censored

Post #258362 27th Mar 2015 12:54 am
submarine

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

maybe folding mirrors aren't such a requirement state side since even the FL2 is smaller than average for you Whistle

Post #258363 27th Mar 2015 1:13 am
Tank7

United States 2014 LR2 2.0T HSE Lux Auto Fuji White

Actually, I live in an older city established in 1790 (I know, young by UK standards) but old-ish for US. Narrow streets, little private lanes and a lot of hills. Much of our parking is on street so the LR engineering savant who decided that all of the USA has wide lanes and two car garages and we don't fold our mirrors needs to get out a bit more from behind his or her desk. 2014 LR2 HSE LUX in Fuji White

Post #260086 10th Apr 2015 2:04 pm
cnotesantos

Canada 

Hi Guys, i'm new here and just recently bought a CPO 2012 LR2 HSE. it has the memory seats but i can't seem to get the side mirrors to powerfold by pressing both L&R buttons. nothing happens... i read here that resetting the power windows would fix this but nothing...

is this a dealer only option? or can i reset something so that they work? does the LR2 actually come with this option standard? nothing was written in the dealer specs of the truck.

any help would amazing! thanks!

Post #319863 20th Mar 2017 8:19 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

If you register on the TOPIx site and enter your vin you should be able to see a build sheet for your specific vehicle giving you the full spec as it left the factory. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #319876 21st Mar 2017 12:29 am
cnotesantos

Canada 

ok just did... the features doesn't show anything about powerfolding mirrors... I guess it doesn't come with it... am I missing something?

thanks for the help! this is a great community! loving my LR2 so far!

Post #319877 21st Mar 2017 12:42 am
MidlandRover

Mine says HTD/P-fold/men/app.light/rev not sure if refers to the mirrors or not. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #319879 21st Mar 2017 12:52 am
cnotesantos

Canada 

Mine says the exact same hint without the indication of "p-fold".... I guess no power fold side mirrors.., no biggie

Post #319881 21st Mar 2017 2:01 am
MidlandRover

I guess you're correct in that assumption. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

Stop global winging.

Post #319955 22nd Mar 2017 12:32 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

cnotesantos wrote:
Hi Guys, i'm new here and just recently bought a CPO 2012 LR2 HSE. it has the memory seats but i can't seem to get the side mirrors to powerfold by pressing both L&R buttons. nothing happens... i read here that resetting the power windows would fix this but nothing...

is this a dealer only option? or can i reset something so that they work? does the LR2 actually come with this option standard? nothing was written in the dealer specs of the truck.

any help would amazing! thanks!

Have you gone through the dashboard menu, there are a few settings in there for the mirrors. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #323753 22nd May 2017 2:34 am
TerenceHS

South Africa 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

A Good Day To All,
I recently purchased a used 2011, diesel, auto, HSE FL2 with 105,000km on clock, some issues, which is normal but overall looks good, one item I took it back for adjustment to my requirements was the power mirrors, they were set to fold when the engine was switched off, I asked the LR dealer to cancel this function as I wished to fold them only when necessary. Well & good, until I later tried to fold using the two button method, no fold at all! Car returned to dealer who removed & replaced, switches, fuses, sensors, door panels, mirrors & everything accept me as I waited, at the end of the day I was told to bring the car back & leave it for at least 2 days as they would need more time to solve the problem. (perhaps they want to contact the mother ship for advice?).
Sorry for the long story but that is how it went, does anyone have any info or suggestions to try, before the dealership "swallows" my car for an unknown period of time? I would really appreciate any advice.
Thanks & Regards.
Terence "Other" car: Defender TD5 CSW 90.
Ex LR's owned: Series 2a SW short, Series 3 SW petrol 6 cylinder long, Series 3 pickup petrol long, Series 3 pickup diesel, long.
"Other makes", ex cars too many to list here, total over 5 bar klicks covered.

Post #323761 22nd May 2017 9:00 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1