Home > Site News & Feedback > The 'other forum'
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 
The 'other forum'

I would like to make very clear what is going on about this "other forum" and why certain people are kicking up such a fuss about it.

For the record, I have no basic issue with other forums/communities, otherwise I would ban mentions of Facebook, Twitter or any other LR forum - which I don't do.

This forum was used by a small number of people to advertise their own Freelander 2 related forum to Freel2.com members via private message, keeping this invisible to myself and Nick.

When this was reported to me I took action to withdraw PM rights for these people. This is because I feel it is totally underhand for others to use the forum I have built and maintained as a way of promoting their own, wholly competing forum.

When PM rights were withdrawn, two members then posted public messages to promote the forum. At this point those two accounts were suspended to prevent more promotional messages being sent using Freel2.com.

The other forum admin/moderators used a Facebook group set up using the name "Freel2" to direct people to their own forum and Facebook group.

So all in all I feel that the other forum have very unfairly used the Freel2.com site and its name to bolster their own membership.

I would ask Freel2.com members not to antagonise the situation any further, it's not constructive at all and just causes more headaches for me and Nick.

Let's get back to having Freel2.com as a friendly, informative place and leave the undermining, underhand tactics, name calling and ranting to others Thumbs Up

Post #216781 13th Feb 2014 12:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

well said Martin Thumbs Up

Post #216784 13th Feb 2014 1:01 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Here here Thumbs Up Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #216799 13th Feb 2014 6:58 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Why go anywhere else! This is the best. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #216800 13th Feb 2014 7:19 pm
taztastic

England 

Thumbs Up best forum x forum by far Laughing

Post #216802 13th Feb 2014 7:29 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Agree with the 2 above posts, this is the only Freelander forum I am aware of and have no intention of looking elsewhere. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #216804 13th Feb 2014 7:39 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

It's just a shame that a break away forum was felt necessary. The greater number of members on any forum is a benefit of knowledge and help.

Post #216805 13th Feb 2014 8:12 pm
pkj926

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I won't be going anywhere! - great bunch of people and a source of great advice!

Post #216811 13th Feb 2014 8:50 pm
j77

Scotland 

Freel2.com used to be friendly, but certain members were made to feel uncomfortable and have their private life scrutinised.

Yes, I'm a member of the "other forum" and it's a far more pleasant place to be, unlike here where blatant bullying took place with no intervention from the moderators.

Ask yourself why so many people have moved over to the "other forum". 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #216819 13th Feb 2014 9:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

You say there was bullying, no red triangle was press to alert me or martin over any post taken as offensive.

But when a member joins saying how he inherited his FL2 after his father passed away, deletes all posts relating to this and changes his story completely X amount of months later, I can see why it was questioned by others, but as I said to him, I had no issue with him, whether what was suggested was true or not.

Anyway having had messages sent to me saying that this place is better and the threads and topics improved after those that set up the forum left.

Anyway, I wish you and the other members all th best, the other forum has to start somewhere and if you need help the doors open for advice. Thumbs Up

Post #216821 13th Feb 2014 10:07 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Very happy here thank you. No idea what the other side is but see no reason to change.

The red triangle has always worked for me when some step over the line of common decency

This is a friendly site..it is usually only those that cause the problem that get offended when they are told their actions are not appropriate.

Keep up the good work Martin and co

Post #216822 13th Feb 2014 10:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thank you Richard Wink

Post #216823 13th Feb 2014 10:14 pm
taztastic

England 

Blatant bullying?
You try being a moderator, you will soon realise what a difficult and thankless task it is, especially when some people you confide in turn out to be bare faced liars and frauds, but that's enough of that.

Freel2 still is a very friendly forum, if you think what goes on, on here, is bad then you need to get out more, there's a big bad world out there that a majority of members on here never see, the slightest hint of something offensive and the red triangle lights up, as Nick said, bullying or provocation is something it was rarely used for.

Post #216825 13th Feb 2014 10:24 pm
j77

Scotland 

Whether you doubt someone or not you don't make them the butt of forum jokes. No harm was being done.

It's sad that two forums can't live side by side.

I've been a member of Martins forums for a while, disco3.co.uk, babyRR.com etc but Freel2.com isn't the same place I joined in 2008. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #216826 13th Feb 2014 10:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

No one said two can't live next to one another, if you read Martins opening post, the underhanded way that they did it was what caused issues

Exactly how did you J77 come across the other forum? I'm sure you all didn't have a Idea above your head

Post #216828 13th Feb 2014 10:32 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>