Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Site News & Feedback > The 'other forum'
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Winslet

United Kingdom 

I am a happy member of both forums, as many others are on here and it is disappointing to think that in largely in the background unseen by others there has been issues which clearly run quite deep.

I have to say that I have seen several threads on here that have made me feel quite uncomfortable in the way some members have addressed and replied to each other and it made me question whether I wanted to be part of such a community. Many of these were old threads thrown up in searches, involving members who are no longer active users of the site (and not part of any other FL2 site). There was one recent one where quite clearly a comment had caused offence, perhaps not intentionally, and rather than apologise, the line was taken that 'if you are the one who is offended, that is your problem, get over it' rather than say sorry. Not a line of behaviour I adhere to.

The fact is though, that although we are enthusiasts on a forum with a common interest, we are all different people who handle things in different ways and the internet doesn't bring out the best in some people, as can be seen in some of the higher profile incidents that make the news or courts. Unfortunately it is something that I have to deal with at work far too often.

Lets hope that matters settle down now and we can all enjoy sharing our knowledge, thoughts and woes in a friendly way, no matter on which sites we choose to use.

Please keep up the good work. Thumbs Up 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #216830 13th Feb 2014 11:02 pm
j77

Scotland 

Strong words Taz.

I found out by PM, I'm glad I was contacted.

I wish you guys all the best and I will part on that

Thumbs Up 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #216831 13th Feb 2014 11:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the confirmation of how they acted underhanded Thumbs Up

All the best Smile

Post #216832 13th Feb 2014 11:17 pm
alex_pescaru

I may get a kick in the butt for saying the followings but please see them as they are...
I am not trying to undermine something/somebody and not trying to light up the spirits...

I like to believe that the human kind, now on the 21st century, has the right of free will...
I may stretch the comparison a little, but it's like with religions.
One can choose to believe whatever he/she wants and has the right to study as much religions as he/she wants.
Once he/she decides that a certain belief is right for him/her, he/she could follow that path.
The same with the information about one belief or another. The information must circulate freely.
Why interdict to talk about one belief or another? It's not right, in my opinion.
In the end, maybe if one moves to another place/belief, the better for the ones left behind. And the better for him/her. If you restrict something, maybe you are making more harm than good. You create bad feelings and animosities than if you had let go.

Indeed, if someone has chosen a different path and then comes back to mock on your belief/path, it's wrong and measures must be taken, although I am not sure about the last part about measures...
Otherwise, be and let be. The waters will settle much quicker in that way and become more clearer...

Just my 2 cents...

Post #216833 13th Feb 2014 11:18 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

j77 wrote:
Ask yourself why so many people have moved over to the "other forum".

What, all 7 of you?!? Enjoy........ Rolling with laughter Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Last edited by Badger1970 on 13th Feb 2014 11:44 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #216835 13th Feb 2014 11:33 pm
zagonda

Well done badger, you sum up this forum in one with that comment......

Post #216836 13th Feb 2014 11:37 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes

If you feel that way, then all the best to you also Wink

Post #216837 13th Feb 2014 11:43 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

You know, there's a guy at work who's wife has terminal bowel cancer and she has months to live. That puts trivial shenanigans such as this into perspective.

Use the other forum (and others besides) or use this one, or both. Methods were deployed by creators of new site that were deemed inappropriate by Martin and Mods on here and they intervened.

Let's just accept that and move on. The petty point scoring and one-upmanship by some needs to stop because life is too short and there are bigger fish to fry.

Martin has spoken in the first post. Why not just lock this now? Just a thought Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Last edited by The Doctor on 13th Feb 2014 11:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #216839 13th Feb 2014 11:44 pm
EYorkshire

I think from Martins post he didn't want it commenting on further, might be a good idea to close the thread Idea
Edit, sorry doc we posted at same time.

Post #216840 13th Feb 2014 11:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

To be honest I agree

Good luck with the new forum, those that wish to use both keep it civil and your post won't be deleted, the same for those who wish to remain here only

Thank you one and all

Post #216841 13th Feb 2014 11:55 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

As I said in my first post, time to draw a line under the bickering and get back to normality.

ANY issues anyone spots in a post or a thread, just report it. Nick and I cannot read every single post, so if you want the community to deal with problems quickly, help us out by reporting it. This is more constructive than taking offence or making a snap judgement about the state of the site.

Post #216868 14th Feb 2014 11:09 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12