« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Windows 8 phone and bluetooth problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dadipiper

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Galway Green
Windows 8 phone and bluetooth problem

I have a Nokia Lumia 925 Windows 8 phone that I am trying to use the bluetooth handsfree on my 07 Freelander. When I first connected the phone to the car everything work well and the phone book copied to the car stereo. After I left the car and then went back, the phone connected again but it cannot access the phone book,when I try it just shows the message "phone book downloading please wait". It just sits like that and nothing happens and the only way I can get it to work properly again is to reset my phone to factory settings then connect bluetooth again but the same thing happens,first time connection everything works fine but as soon as I leave and then return I cannot access the phonebook. When I look at the bluetooth setting on my phone it shows "connected" after I have connected for the first time but when I leave and return the bluetooth setting shows "connected voice". Not sure if I am missing something simple on either the phone or car but it is doing my nut in. Hopefully there is a genius out there that can help. Bow down

Post #214026 16th Jan 2014 10:39 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

I've got a 925 too so will try and see if I get the same issue

Post #214769 24th Jan 2014 8:29 pm
dadipiper

As far as I have found out so far it seems that the issue is with the software version. I know there is a newer version of software available but for some reason I cannot get this yet, I think it is to do with my network provider which is O2, so I am not sure when i will be able to resolve this problem. Hope you have the latest version on your phone so you will not have the same problem.

Post #214933 26th Jan 2014 6:09 pm
confoederatius

Switzerland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Fuji White

I had no issue with my 920 neither on GDR2 nor on GDR3/Nokia black. When connecting there are two ways offered by the Freelander car2phone or phone2car. Have you tried both? MY2013, 2.2 TD4 SE fuji white
man. gearbox, xenon, "small" Meridian, 7" satnav, autom. aircon, RV-cam, heated jets/windscreen/seats/wheel

Post #214978 27th Jan 2014 6:28 am
dadipiper

confoederatius,
I do not have the same options as you have maybe as mine is a 2007. The operating system version on my phone is not any of the ones mentioned in GDR2 or GDR3 updates. I have been in contact with my network provider and they say that updates should be available within the next 2 weeks so I guess I will have to wait until then to see if it resolves the issue.

Post #215053 27th Jan 2014 10:37 pm
confoederatius

GDR2 /amber is most likely the version your nokia's running on now and GDR3 / black the one youre waiting for. However there is no change in the phonebook syncing options. There is a different bluetooth mode offered to connect with which didn't work at all for me. But maybe this or one of the bugfixes will help in your case.
Otherwise i'd suggest to export all contacts (for later import), delete all from the phone and then create one simple (only name and phone number) to see if its got to do with the number/content/... of the current contacts. MY2013, 2.2 TD4 SE fuji white
man. gearbox, xenon, "small" Meridian, 7" satnav, autom. aircon, RV-cam, heated jets/windscreen/seats/wheel

Post #215055 28th Jan 2014 6:25 am
dadipiper

I already saved my contacts to my email account and changed them to only have name and one phone number,reset my phone to factory setting then re-loaded the contacts and connected it to my car which worked fine including the phonebook and it shows on the phone as "connected". But again when I leave the car and then return later it will connect to the car but show as "connected voice" and I cannot access the phonebook

Post #215121 28th Jan 2014 7:06 pm
confoederatius

Well there is not much more to do. I assume you tried to just wait fir some minutes. It takes some time (did not measure, guess abt 2-3 minutes) each time it connects again to (re-?) sychronise thr phonebook.
Mine also shows voice connected (plus media for streaming which should have no influence on the phonebook) MY2013, 2.2 TD4 SE fuji white

Post #215138 28th Jan 2014 9:11 pm
dadipiper

I have waited anything up to 20 minutes and it connects but the phone book will not synchronize so if I want to use the phone I have to dial the number on either the phone or the head unit in the car.

Post #215144 28th Jan 2014 9:56 pm
AntG4

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tangiers Orange

I Have a 925 and its running the Nokia black update. I would have thought if you go to the settings and check for updates it should force the update! Mine is on EE but its been out for a while now!

Ant 2008 G4 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE - 2008 Mongolian Reece - Reg No. 4759 YbP
2002 G4 Discovery II V8i ES - 2003 Event Stage 2 - Reg No. CA490.008
1994 Range Rover Classic V8 3.9i (Soft Dash)
1998 Freelander 1.8 XEi 3Dr
1983 (Rebuilding) Series 88" 2.25 County Station Wagon

Post #216834 13th Feb 2014 11:25 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Might be worth checking whether your vehicle and phone are compatible:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/owners/bluetooth/overview/

Post #216845 14th Feb 2014 12:07 am
dadipiper

I have spoken to o2 who are my mobile provider and they say an update will be available soon and when I checked on the Land Rover site to see if the Nokia Lumia 925 was compatible it is not shown.

Post #217131 16th Feb 2014 11:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1