« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Problems with 2007 TD4 SE manual
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gwhiting

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Problems with 2007 TD4 SE manual

Hi, just thought I'd share my woes with our SE, which we bought from a LR dealer two weeks ago, when it was 11 months old and 8k miles.

1. After 2 days, what appears to be the well known "Transmission fault" on the dashboard
2. One-touch up on windows not working
3. Front parking sensors sounding constant on one occasion
4. Hopeless reception from telephone mic
5. Unable to delete a downloaded phone book from the phone module
6. "Padlock" symbol appearing against some options in the phone module menus
7. When selecting a contact in the phone book, unable to "drill down" into the numbers against that contact.
8. Wind/whistling noise from footwell when cold

...plus they told us the car was supplied new to the previous owners and the logbook as two previous registered keepers, because it was pre-registered by the dealership.

They took the car in on Monday of this week, and we've still not got it back, including them promising to have it back to us yesterday afternoon and when I phoned at 17:55 they said "oh, we need to test it tomorrow morning". Only this morning have they provided a courtesy car!

Here's the (apparent) fixes, although I can't confirm they've worked until I see the car again...

1. Replaced oil pump pressure sensor
2. Re-programmed BCM (body control module)
3. Unable to reproduce (there's another post on this one, ref. water in the sensors)
4,5,6,7. Replacing the phone module tomorrow
8. Cabin filter cover slightly adrift

We've had this car for 18 days, 4 of which it'll have been at the dealership - needless to say I've taken advice from www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.

I've changed from a 2003 Disco TD5 XS which I've run for 3 years/55k, with many less problems. The thing that annoys me the most is that the Freelander was supposed to have undergone the Landrover approved used car detailed inspection, and had a service before we collected it... I can't believe there's so many faults.

Graeme. Freelander 2 SE manual
Stornoway Grey
Alpaca

Post #17014 2nd Apr 2008 3:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Hi Graeme

& Welcome to the forum I wish it was under better circumstances,

Let us see what can be done

1. After 2 days, what appears to be the well known "Transmission fault" on the dashboard
Looks like this can be sorted by software updates

2. One-touch up on windows not working
This is sorted by holding the buttons up when the window comes all the way up, you should here a slight click

3. Front parking sensors sounding constant on one occasion
Looks like you have seen my previous post, my dealers could not replicate the fault, i eventually took the car to them in the rain (when it does it) and there hand held sensor confirmed which the offending sensor needed replacing due to it corroding due to water ingrees (it had gone green) they can only get to these by taking off the front bumper to remove the sensor from behind. Obviously a bigish job but they wouldn;t take my word on the fault they had to witness it Mad It been in around 5 times now and its in there again as we speak(type Wink )

4. Hopeless reception from telephone mic
Mine has its ups and downs, i think it down to how well the bluetooth connects to the phone, which phone are you using and is it compatable and on the list?

5. Unable to delete a downloaded phone book from the phone module
I have this problem too, but have never bothered with it

6. "Padlock" symbol appearing against some options in the phone module menus
These appear when the car is moving as you should be trying to play with it, they should go away when you pull over safely at the road side Very Happy

7. When selecting a contact in the phone book, unable to "drill down" into the numbers against that contact.
I don't believe you can do this

8. Wind/whistling noise from footwell when cold
not had this on mine, it sounds like it the air vent ducting is loose or your door is not snug

Quote:
...plus they told us the car was supplied new to the previous owners and the logbook as two previous registered keepers, because it was pre-registered by the dealership.

This is misleading you, and i think you would have grounds to get a free service or two if you wish to keep the car or hand the car back under the 30day/1000 mile Approved Used car rules

I hope you get it sorted, keep us informed

Nick Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17015 2nd Apr 2008 4:20 pm
gwhiting

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback - and yes, I'd read your previous post on the parking sensors, and indeed loads of the very helpful stuff on the forum. Smile

Of course, I could have sorted the one-touch windows myself, but when a car's been supplied and checked by the dealer I don't think it should be down to the customer to recalibrate the windows (although I did de-activate the seatbelt warning the other day - very useful tip!). It's actually my wife's car - I can't imagine what she'd say if I said "look on this forum and you can see how to recalibrate your windows"... Very Happy

(If I'd saved a few thousand and bought the car privately, I'd just get stuck in, but dealers have to take some responsibility and be answerable and liable for what they sell).

On the phone stuff, this is pretty important to me as when I do have the car, I make lots of calls (sorry). My Nokia 6300 is on the compatible list, as fully compatible, so that's the line I'm taking with the dealer. Of the 500+ contacts in my phone, all the ones I use regularly have multiple number for e.g. home, work, mobile, so it's frustrating to have all the phone features in the car and not be able to properly use them. Although it's not helped by having the stereo sooo low down that you have to look away from the road to see someone's name in the contact list.

On the bluetooth connection quality, it's digital and therefore you shouldn't be able to get a "poor quality" connection, either it'll work, or it won't. I'm comparing the quality with the Nokia bluetooth kit installed in my Discovery, which is 100% better. I've never had so many people says "where are you phoning from", or "I can't hear you".

The padlock was when I was sitting on the drive, playing with the system - probably had the engine running (before I'd found out how to have the ignition on without the engine Smile ).

I have queried with the dealer how they think the mic quality can be an associated issue with navigating through a contact's phone numbers, but hey, i'll give them one chance and see if they dig themselves into an even bigger hole!

I'll argue for some compensation when they finally get the car back to us.

I'll keep you posted....

Graeme. Freelander 2 SE manual
Stornoway Grey
Alpaca

Post #17017 2nd Apr 2008 4:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have the same thing with the contacts

when i what to ring my dad i can chose home, office, mobile

in the car i have dad, dad and dad and it's blind luck which i call Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17019 2nd Apr 2008 6:02 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I had problems with my phone connected to my BMW bluetooth. Dealer couldnt work it out either but they spent sometime ringing around other dealers and discovered that if you have lots of text messages stored in your phone the car will try to download them into its brain and cause your phone to work intermittantly. Every so often I had to delete the texts from the cars phone menu. Dont have my LR2 yet so dont know how the Landrover system works but it might be worth looking at?

Post #17021 2nd Apr 2008 6:41 pm
Ian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand
Phone problems.

Regarding your address book problems,it seems the car only downloads the phone book from your "sim card"not your phone memory and your sim can only store in list format ie:Ian Ian1 Ian2.(if you have copyed your phone memory address book to your sim any multiple numbers under one name will copy to your sim as a list of names with 1,2 etc after the name)I changed my names on the phone sim card to ie:Ian Home, Ian Mobile, Ian Work and thats now what comes up on the car display.Set your car to auto phone book update and everytime your phone pairs with your car the phone book will be updated.
Its a bit of a pain editing your sim address book but its worth it you then know if its a home/work/mobile number.

Ian 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4.Zermatt Silver,Privacy glass,Bi-Xenon headlights........Gone!

2011 SD4 HSE Ipanema Sand, Privacy Glass, Windsor Leather.

Post #17064 3rd Apr 2008 12:25 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

There is a program which is called "My phone explorer" which you should be able to download by googling it, and you should be able to alter the sim numbers by hand

aslong as you have a lead, it does say bluetooth/IR connections also work but i have never got this side working

Also good for saving txt msg, calendars etc Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17066 3rd Apr 2008 12:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1