« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > WET FLOOR UNDER THE FRONT SEAT CARPET MATS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Acciola

Malta 
WET FLOOR UNDER THE FRONT SEAT CARPET MATS

I just cleaned the inside of my FL2 and noticed that the fitted carpeting under the front seat mats were wet. I know that I used the AC quite a lot here in Malta till today and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I cannot think of anything else and doubt I ever left the windows open during the 2 times it rained these last 2 months, and if I did, Im sure the seats and door upholstery would have been wet.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Post #202926 13th Oct 2013 5:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black

There are a few threads on here about blocked air con drain hoses resulting in the cars carpet getting wet. I'm no expert but if you a search on here you'll probably find the best remedy for your problem? Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #202935 13th Oct 2013 6:03 pm
ad210358

England 

There is a pipe that comes detached from the unit and leaks on to the carpet. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #202959 13th Oct 2013 8:47 pm
Acciola

Malta 

Can you please give me more details to how I can get to these pipes or is there any links to instructions on how to fix this?

Post #202987 14th Oct 2013 7:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

if you search the posts re this subject there is a lot of useful information.

Iain

Post #202988 14th Oct 2013 8:22 am
Acciola

Malta 

Well, I managed to find this from a post...

"One possible solution is that the rubber hose that takes condensed water from the air con system has worked loose.
To access this and check I first ran the engine with air con on max for 20 mins. then pulled up and let car stand to see if carpets became wet. If they do then using a 10mm socket un do the only screw holding the plastic panel at the side of the clutch pedal. the panel is then held in place by some plastic 'pop outs' so carefully just pull it away. from here you will see a rubber pipe running up under the centre console from the side just in front of your clutch pedal ( see pictures when i work out how to add Confused ).

Now if this pipe is not attached to anything it needs to be slid into the console were it will marry up with the black plastic box. To see the box kneel outside car, torch in right hand and depress clutch with left hand and place head there, using torch look under centre console and you should just see the black plastic box with a half inch pipe sticking out of it at the bottom. So again kneeling on the floor and using 'the force' as you will be unable to see the plastic pipe now, marry the 2 up. this will take some time and lots of swearing etc but can be done Wink
"

Hope it is the solution I was looking for.

Post #202989 14th Oct 2013 8:27 am
EYorkshire

Look in 'jackdusty's' picture gallery for a photo of the piece
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic6314.html?highlight=air+con+leak

Post #202990 14th Oct 2013 8:45 am
Acciola

Malta 

EXCELLENT!!! Looks like an easy fix Surprised

Is this just one one side, or do I have to do the other side since both Driver and passenger sides are wet?

Post #202992 14th Oct 2013 8:53 am
nighthawk_fl

Malta 

There is only one aircon drain. The fact that both mats are wet is probably due to the fact that water gets around easily... when you turn right it goes left and vice versa. So if you find the aircon drain disconnected you should be sorted Smile

Let me know if you need help. Will be happy to pop over and help.

Dennis

Post #207568 17th Nov 2013 5:31 pm
Acciola

Malta 

Yesterday I finally got the chance to have a look at the drain situation under my dashboard as indicated on the image hereunder that I had copied from this thread...

Only to find out that my system seems to be completely different with no drain hole showing (see link below)!! Just my luck!! So Im back to square one and where do I go from here to solve this problem?

(First picture is what I had copied from thread and the second picture is what my FL looks like under the dashboard)

Post #207651 18th Nov 2013 10:07 am
nighthawk_fl

Malta 

It looks the same to me Confused . In the image you copied, the drain pipe is pulled out from the a/c unit. In your case the pipe is still in its correct location (no human intervention). You need to find the point where the pipe fits into the a/c unit and check that it's securely fitted and hasn't worked loose (at the blue circle). Or maybe remove and refit it. Does the carpet feel wet around the pipe? Also, go for a drive with the a/c on with the trim removed as in your picture... and check for leakage at the pipe joints.

Post #207653 18th Nov 2013 10:25 am
Acciola

Malta 

Dennis, Its not the same... In the first picture (not my car) you can clearily see the exposed drain hole where the pipe should be connected to. In my picture (on my car) the unit with the drain hole is not there all together and the pipe seems to go underneath to a point that is not accessible to me. So clearily my FL has a different system for some reason (FL2 2008). To be honest, Im thinking of removing the otherside on the passenger side and see if the drain hole is there instead)

It would be helpful if anyone with the experience of my system can guide me with this please.

Post #207654 18th Nov 2013 10:31 am
nighthawk_fl

Malta 

Henry, I cannot see any drain hole in either picture Confused . What I can tell you is that the black plastic pipe (visible in both pictures) is indeed the airconditioning drain pipe (see exploded diagram), so no need to tear apart the passenger side really Thumbs Up

What I see is a nut and bolt, which I see in both pictures but no drain hole. Hope I'm not already getting too old to notice obvious things Mr. Green The angle of both pictures is slightly different, hence the bolt in your pic appears closer to the metal pipes than in the pic from the other thread. And to be honest I did think that bolt was a drain hole too originally Thumbs Up See images below.

If you find access too difficult you might need to take it to someone else who will dismantle more of the interior. But, if you do that, my main suggestion is that you actually diagnose the thing yourself and get the garage to do a specific job (fix it) rather than waste hours (and your money diagnosing it). Confirm that the water is indeed coming from there. Stuff a dry napkin into area where the black pipe enters the ac/unit (behind the bolt shown in the pictures), and also where the pipe disappears into the floor. Go for a nice long drive with a/c on coldest, come back, get napkins out. If any napkin is wet... you have your source. Today is a good day for this test as the humidity is quite high so it should generate enough water.

Hopefully someone with FL2 experience will be along to confirm Smile

Post #207657 18th Nov 2013 11:00 am
dledgy

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

hi I had a leak in the passenger frontwell under carpets it was caused by a faulty baffle in the front wing the water runs down the A pillar and fills up Until it comes out of the hood release lever ,the fix is fill front wing with foam, mine was fixed under warranty. I found this out because I work at the plant and I went see the water test guys. Whistle Whistle
freelander 2 fugi td4 xs spoiler ,tints , winter pack ,front sensors, 19 inch wheels and spare

Post #207898 19th Nov 2013 6:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1