« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Delivery delay on my FL2 but I'm happy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Gecko

Vatican 
Delivery delay on my FL2 but I'm happy

Laughing My car arrived at the delaer about 10 days ago and after patiently waiting I just found out today they ordered the wrong spec.... now you'd think I'd be unhappy with that but after a bit of negotiating with the garage they have conceded their mistake and I get the higher spec car for the lower spec price Razz In Belgium we have 2 different possibilities with the diesel engine and they ordered the full power engine when I ordered the lower power one - it's cheaper on the list price and much cheaper on the first registration tax here. Anyway end result is they accept their mistake and rather than reorder I get the extra discount and get a higher powered model for the same price Rolling with laughter Every cloud has a silver lining I guess Thumbs Up All being well I'll be taking delivery early next week Whistle

Post #15248 6th Mar 2008 4:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Whats the difference in the engines Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15251 6th Mar 2008 4:46 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

About 10 BHP but about Euro 3500 in list price because of the extra tax to register the full power model.

Post #15254 6th Mar 2008 4:55 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That's what we like to hear, the customer benifiting from a dealer screw up rather than loosing out as is normally teh case. Thumbs Up

Post #15256 6th Mar 2008 4:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

great to hear, your the winner in this one Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15269 6th Mar 2008 7:56 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
particulate filter?

I assume the difference in these two diesel engines is the option of the diesel particulate filter in the lower powered one? I'm not sure that this option is yet available in the UK; it wasn't when I ordered mine in May 2007.

Ironically, in the UK, the low emission one would cost you more, as you have to pay extra for the filter
Shocked Rolling Eyes Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #15308 7th Mar 2008 1:40 am
Gecko

Vatican 

Not sure about the filter ...I didn't specify it when I ordered - give me more power any time over green power - sorry about that I know it's very politically incorrect but FFS it's a Landrover not a Toyota Prius Very Happy
Latest update is I should get it tomorrow ....pleaeeeeeeaaaassseeeee let it be true !!!

Post #15528 11th Mar 2008 5:20 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I hope your booking the day off work just in case you get the FL2 tomorrow

Sleepless night for you tonight then and up at the crack of dawn waiting for the phone call:thumbsup: Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15529 11th Mar 2008 5:22 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

I've got it !!!!!!! Yabba dabba Doooooo !!! What a great car. Baltic blue with tan leather interior - sweet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Can't wait for the commute home tonight - I'll be sitty pretty in the traffic jams this eveing Mr. Green

Post #15628 12th Mar 2008 4:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Please for you Gecko Thumbs Up

I hope your face starts to hurt like mind did due to the Perm-a-grin Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15630 12th Mar 2008 5:06 pm
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Gecko wrote:
About 10 BHP but about Euro 3500 in list price because of the extra tax to register the full power model.

Question Shocked

I'm afraid I don't follow you Gecko. The list price for both the 110 and 118 kW version in Belgium is the same. Land Rover reduced the 118 kW (160 hp) to 110 kW (150 hp) as the registration tax is lower: 867 instead of 1239 € which means a difference of 372 €, not 3500.

As the maximum torque remains 400 Nm. you hardly notice any difference in performance. Only the top speed of the 118 kW version should be lightly higher, but who cares ?

Anyway, allthough your benefit is less spectacular than you claimed, it is a free gift and a nice idea to have that extra power that most of the other FL2 drivers in Belgium don't.

Good luck with your car !

Last edited by Paul on 13th Mar 2008 9:13 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #15642 12th Mar 2008 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Gecko wrote:
I've got it !!!!!!! Yabba dabba Doooooo !!! What a great car. Baltic blue with tan leather interior - sweet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Can't wait for the commute home tonight - I'll be sitty pretty in the traffic jams this eveing Mr. Green

I'm sure you will be very pleased with it Thumbs Up You mention "tan leather" is that to a special order Question
Here we only get Ebony (black), Alpaca (beige) and Tundra (grey) although I have never seen Tundra in real life and wonder if it exists at all Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #15644 12th Mar 2008 9:11 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

Ah.... by tan I mean beige (Alapaca) very sophisticated.

Tell you what - it's a big beastie to drive around some of the narrow roads in Brussels where they park on both sides of the road Shocked

I found the 'S' mode on the auto box this morning - mmmmm.....nice ..... Whistle then I found the fuel consumption info on the info display ..... Sad yikes !!! It pulls like an express train - I love it Thumbs Up

I've just dropped it off to have the radio ripped out and replaced with the Pioneer Avic HD audio/navigation unit so with luck I'll have it by this evening all sorted. I may have to change the speakers because the Pioneer system will blow them up Yawn but I'll wait a while and see how bad it is.

Post #15663 13th Mar 2008 12:04 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

Paul wrote:
Gecko wrote:

Question Shocked

I'm afraid I don't follow you Gecko. The list price for both the 110 and 118 kW version in Belgium is the same. Land Rover reduced the 118 kW (160 hp) to 110 kW (150 hp) as the registration tax is lower: 867 instead of 1239 € which means a difference of 372 €, not 3500.

As the maximum torque remains 400 Nm. you hardly notice any difference in performance. Only the top speed of the 118 kW version should be lightly higher, but who cares ?

Anyway, allthough your benefit is less spectacular than you claimed, it is a free gift and a nice idea to have that extra power that most of the other FL2 drivers in Belgium don't.

Good luck with your car !

I didn't follow the logic either but the leasing company declined an invoice which was about 3500 Euro more because the car was wrong and in the end we got the full power one for the lower price. I'm happy, the leasing company is happy .... the garage isn't Big Cry do I care ? Laughing

Post #15664 13th Mar 2008 12:08 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Gecko wrote:
then I found the fuel consumption info on the info display ..... Sad yikes !!!

Just as well you haven't got an i6 then Laughing

I've done over 2000kms and the fuel consumption is around the 17 l/100km mark (In UK money that's 16.6 mpg) that's what using command shift all the time will get you Laughing

Post #15712 13th Mar 2008 9:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>