Page 11 of 24 <123 ... 101112 ... 222324>
Print this entire topic · 
austen_fl2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

£150 all in www.bellengineering.co.uk

Post #320267 27th Mar 2017 1:03 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

thanks, ill put it on my to-do list if I get the Freelander. I grew up near you and think I may have even had a VCU replaced by you on my first FL1 I had Very Happy

Post #320273 27th Mar 2017 3:26 pm
MCJ

South Africa 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

austen_fl2 wrote:
£150 all in

Helllo austen,

I want to DIY the first Haldex service on my11 Fl2 SD4 with 150,000km however I don't see on the forum a detailed tutorial and I'm worried that I will get stuck on the way. Can please help by answering and advise the steps below are correct. Also how many hours does it take to do this service on 4 gen vehicle ?

1. Disconnects rear proshaft. ( I have never disconnected a proshaft before so will this just be bolts to remove at the back and proshaft rear section is loose)?

2. remove 4 bold on Haldex ( will this be the only and last step to dismantle from vehicle)?
3. Haldex is out.

Tnx FOREVER LEARNING

Post #330578 7th Sep 2017 6:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
Ridiculous Questions

Banging Head

MCJ would you ask your Doctor how to cut your nails if you are normally charged $200 for his time as asking Austen on how to remove a propshaft is akin to that. I would suggest its the sort of DAFT question to see goodwill on more technical Haldex matters be withdrawn.

I think you will find Austen gave a very good description a while back on the step by step removal procedure. Can I suggest you go and find it.

Finally if you have never removed a propshaft before I would also suggest you stick to the day job before tackling a Haldex and stripping it down. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #330583 7th Sep 2017 9:14 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

YB, you may not have noticed but MCJ is in SA. He is unlikely to be in Austen's consulting room any time soon!

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #330585 7th Sep 2017 9:37 am
Yorky Bob

I am aware Bob otherwise I would have suggested he pop over and pay the man like I did.

Be it SA , OZ or Gods Own (thats Yorkshire to you lot out there) my point I feel is valid and its nothing personal with anyone in the World.

The explorer Ranulph Fiennes has strict guidelines about who accompanies him on his jaunts to far-away places. "I would be happy to take anyone on one of my expeditions, with one exception," he said a few years ago. "The only people I would not even look at are people from Yorkshire."
 FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #330586 7th Sep 2017 9:47 am
MCJ

Re: Ridiculous Questions

Yorky Bob wrote:
Banging Head

MCJ would you ask your Doctor how to cut your nails if you are normally charged $200 for his time as asking Austen on how to remove a propshaft is akin to that. I would suggest its the sort of DAFT question to see goodwill on more technical Haldex matters be withdrawn.

I think you will find Austen gave a very good description a while back on the step by step removal procedure. Can I suggest you go and find it.

Finally if you have never removed a propshaft before I would also suggest you stick to the day job before tackling a Haldex and stripping it down.

Hello Yorky Bob,

My question might not have been of the best approach, I hope that who know better will give me advise. It's full of moron where I stay that even the dealer don't know about Haldex service. Knowing about the hours from Austen will be for me to delegate the job to the dealers if it's exceeds my capability , since they don't know what's involved that way I can have clear hours to negotiate with them. Since I missed the instruction previews written by Austen please giv me a link as I don't seem to find l. FOREVER LEARNING

Post #330590 7th Sep 2017 10:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
impact

Australia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Fuji White

MCJ wrote:
austen_fl2 wrote:
£150 all in

Helllo austen,

I want to DIY the first Haldex service on my11 Fl2 SD4 with 150,000km however I don't see on the forum a detailed tutorial and I'm worried that I will get stuck on the way. Can please help by answering and advise the steps below are correct. Also how many hours does it take to do this service on 4 gen vehicle ?

1. Disconnects rear proshaft. ( I have never disconnected a proshaft before so will this just be bolts to remove at the back and proshaft rear section is loose)?

2. remove 4 bold on Haldex ( will this be the only and last step to dismantle from vehicle)?
3. Haldex is out.

Tnx

Before you do anything check the condition of the fluid first. Use a syringe and a silicone tube to get a sample. There should be a photo in my gallery. Good luck. MY10 TD4 SE Auto

Post #330591 7th Sep 2017 10:47 am
Yorky Bob

Fair play

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic26316.html?highlight=haldex

Look at 18 April 2016 and then visit the Bell Engineering web site.

As for hours a book time is a guide, when I was young we shattered book times on bonus schemes as we did the same jobs day in and out but the customer got charged the same as book no matter what. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #330593 7th Sep 2017 11:00 am
Morayjohny

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Transmission fault message came up yesterday and being in North East Scotland unable to get down to Bells so bit the bullet and took the car into local Honda dealer where I brought it.

Plugged it in and checked codes, confirming rear diff 3 hours later and pump checked, filter changed and filled with new oil = £333 ouch!! 🙁🙁

Post #330597 7th Sep 2017 12:00 pm
Yorky Bob

£333 Maybe not ouch.

West Yorkshire dealer (Guesstimate):

check fault codes £90
Oil and filer £90
3 hours labour £375
Vat

Somewhere North of £600 I would think but they will wash and vac your cherished one. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #330602 7th Sep 2017 12:59 pm
MCJ

ouch!! That's a lot of cash

How many km and year model is you Freel2?
Any record of Haldex preventive maintenance ? FOREVER LEARNING

Post #330603 7th Sep 2017 1:00 pm
PaulCopp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

I am going to tackle this, anyone have the torque setting for the front flange nut on the haldex as mine is a type 3 and I will have to remove it to get the pump out. Do I need a new nut and new nuts for the propshaft as well?

Post #335666 21st Nov 2017 10:08 pm
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

I reused my flange nut and propshaft bolts - Just applied some new loctite.

Mine is a Gen 4.

A little tip for you - when the haldex is in your vice and you remove the flange nut make sure that the old loctitie residue does not fall down into the haldex bearing or if it does make sure you blow it out.

Can't rememebr the torque setting and may be different for a Gen 3 anyway. FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
FL1 HSE TD4 Manual Black - Gone.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #335709 22nd Nov 2017 4:58 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I changed the oil, filter and cleaned out the gunk on my Evoque Haldex yesterday. I bought the service kit from Austen at Bell Engineering. To do a proper job, I removed it and got it on the bench to work on it. A few pictures. I must say it drives no different from before and hopefully it will stay that way! It has done 45,000 miles.

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #346811 7th Apr 2018 5:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 24 <123 ... 101112 ... 222324>