(0)  
User Registered Confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 
Feeler for a combined RRSport and Freel2 Meet-up in London

There has been a suggestion over on RRSport.co.uk that members in the SE have a meet-up at the Ace cafe in West London. This is a bit of an iconic location for bikers and motorists alike to to gather and hold meets.
Charles Hurst's have also suggested that a visit to their facilities could be arranged on the same day to provide something else of interest to members rather than just a gossip and tea. If you would also like to join us then could you register your interest above.

If you are registered on both forums it would make life easier for me if you only registered on one of the sign-ups! I must stress this is only putting out feelers to gauge how many would be interested, no dates or other arrangements have been decided so far and the event is likely to happen later this year rather than sooner.
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic9475.html

For those not registered on RRSport.co.uk here is the post from RRSport

Quote:
NickM has suggested a meet-up at the Ace Cafe in West London sometime, if there is enough interest in this I have been offered a guided tour of Charles Hurst's facilities just down the road to help extend the day and add some further interest. At the moment this is very much putting out feelers and it would have to be on a Saturday as CH is closed on a Sunday. This is likely to happen later in the year rather than sooner, but if you would be interested an idea of numbers would be welcome if you could indicate on the sign up. Nothing is confirmed or even arranged yet, it's purely an expression of interest. Once I get an idea I will send out further details by PM to all interested members when arrangements have been made.

To get some idea how popular the Ace Cafe is with motorists have a look at the events they are hosting on this link - it's a very popular place! http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/

How to find the Cafe
HOW TO FIND US

Ace Cafe London
Ace Corner
North Circular Road
Stonebridge
London
NW10 7UD

Tel: 020 8961 1000

Ace Corner is the junction of Beresford Avenue and the old North Circular Road, between the A40 and the A404 (Harrow Road)
By Road

Travelling anti-clockwise on the North Circular Road: Take the second exit - signposted for Park Royal - after the traffic lights at Brentfields Road (where you'll see Ikea and McDonalds) . Turn right, then right again onto the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on the left.

Travelling clockwise on the North Circular Road: Take the first exit after Hanger Lane - signposted for Park Royal - turn left at the traffic lights & immediately right onto the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on the left How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #15007 1st Mar 2008 4:04 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I think this could be quite a good day, bit of a drive for some (me included), but we could head down in a few cars instead of going on your own

Putting a face to a name, all the Oval badges in one place etc

I would still have to see when it is before I confirm Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15031 2nd Mar 2008 11:31 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

NP you whimp, just looked at your location and you are almost there compared to me! Maybe the offer of a shopping day/ weekend break in London to Mrs NP might be enough to seal the deal! Then you would have no money left to be seduced into buying one of CH's RRSport demos Mr. Green How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #15033 2nd Mar 2008 11:35 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I am still interested though

Don't think the wife would be though, I'll have to see what shows are on in London at the time and see if i can con her.

Lets see a show, and accidentally find out its the same weekend. Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15036 2nd Mar 2008 11:44 am
penelope pitstop

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

I could be interested as I don't live too far away Please let the car start!!!!!

Post #15682 13th Mar 2008 5:11 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Penelope, I'll keep you informed when dates gets firmed up - it looks like it will be a Saturday in August at the moment How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #16245 20th Mar 2008 10:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1