« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > The Red Centre of a Continent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Vesko

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

mikehzz wrote:
...but you need the space a dual cab gives you to carry it all.

Inevitably after a lot of thinking I come to the same conclusion Sad. Censored , it is a dual cab ute then. Which one to choose? Land Rover don't make them for sure. Amarok?

Post #197932 5th Sep 2013 1:00 pm
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

The new Ford Ranger scrubs up well when it's all set up. The auto Amarok doesn't have low range and the manual can stall frequently in stress situations. I think the 2 litre motor is too small for the size of the car personally. It should have the Touareg 3 litre in it...that motor is a weapon. It's not a big deal if you are outback touring but I do a lot of 4wding on pretty hairy trails and the dual cabs can get hung up a bit plus they need a bit of room to turn. I will only get one when I'm ready to hit the road for an extended trip. The Defender comes in a dual cab if you like driving a truck. Very Happy

Post #197942 5th Sep 2013 2:01 pm
Vesko

My trip to the Red Centre 5

Simpson Desert and Dalhousie Springs

Click image to enlarge

Early in the morning I have an encounter with a monster! It’s still dark and while I get about my business to pack up the camp, I see a large shape looming on the hill above me. Its burning eyes follow my movements - much larger than a possum and much bolder. In my dark fear I’m convinced this must be a Tasmanian tiger, never mind that the tiger is long gone.

The monster stands its grounds. It doesn’t move even when I growl at it like a wolf. Only when I grab the shovel and start to hit the bushes with it, the creature moves reluctantly away to reveal that it is actually a dingo. Then I find the mess around the camp. Someone has drunk the grey water in the bucket, the rubbish is spread around and one of my dirty shoes is missing. I find the shoe taken about 20 meters away from the camp. What would a dingo want with my smelly shoe?! I scan the darkness around the camp and there it is – the dingo is watching me from the other side. Better to move quickly, I am not sure if the dingos are capable of hunting together like the European wolfs. But I move quickly not before cooking myself a mighty breakfast with a delicious strong coffee (constantly watching over my shoulder). Better to eat well for the big day ahead of me. And it proves to be a massive day!

Continue here: http://veskopetrov.com/?p=7122

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #204745 27th Oct 2013 10:48 am
Vesko

Mt Dare and Uluru

Click image to enlarge

http://veskopetrov.com/?p=7387[/list]

Post #218315 1st Mar 2014 8:29 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234